Wine issue!

sailingnut

• 2 weeks later...
If I bring two bottles of wine on the ship on my carry-on, do I only pay for one corkage fee~~never brought wine on before! Thanks!

The corkage fee is $15 per 750-ml bottle. If carried on, you will be directed to a table where you will sign a receipt and a "Corkage Paid" sticker will be affixed to each bottle. The charge will show up on your shipboard account a few days later. It usually appears as a charge from one of the dining rooms. After paying the corkage fee, you will be able to enjoy your wine anywhere on the ship including the main restaurants, specialty venues, bars, lounges and your cabin/balcony.

The corkage fee is $15 per 750-ml bottle. If carried on, you will be directed to a table where you will sign a receipt and a "Corkage Paid" sticker will be affixed to each bottle. The charge will show up on your shipboard account a few days later. It usually appears as a charge from one of the dining rooms. After paying the corkage fee, you will be able to enjoy your wine anywhere on the ship including the main restaurants, specialty venues, bars, lounges and your cabin/balcony.

What if you bring on a 3 or 5 liter box or are they not allowed?

Wow - so complicated. Can I buy some of my favorite wine when i get off at a port and bring on and pay the corkage? Some say yes others say no?????? NCl does ot specify that you cant at ports. I SURE HOPE I CAN!!!! Not use to all this talk of naughty rooms where your baga are searched and special labels to show you can have - . Holland america i must say makes it easy. All the wine you want whenever you stop or board with no fees - only when you bring to dining room (many cruises the wine steward wouldnt even charge wven tho we happy to pay - we just leave for tip).

I guess we will find out soon enough .....:confused:

Wow - so complicated. Can I buy some of my favorite wine when i get off at a port and bring on and pay the corkage? Some say yes others say no?????? NCl does ot specify that you cant at ports. I SURE HOPE I CAN!!!! Not use to all this talk of naughty rooms where your baga are searched and special labels to show you can have - . Holland america i must say makes it easy. All the wine you want whenever you stop or board with no fees - only when you bring to dining room (many cruises the wine steward wouldnt even charge wven tho we happy to pay - we just leave for tip).

HAL have just changed their wine policy...now nothing allowed.

Susan

Not sure why this is complicated. NCL allows you to bring wine on anywhere. If detected, you pay the corkage fee per bottle.

Holland America has changed their policy and now you are limited to one bottle AND the corkage fee was raised if you bring to the dining room or specialty restaurant.

Not sure why this is complicated. NCL allows you to bring wine on anywhere. If detected, you pay the corkage fee per bottle.

Holland America has changed their policy and now you are limited to one bottle AND the corkage fee was raised if you bring to the dining room or specialty restaurant.

So it's the same as CCL's policy.

There is nothing complicated at all!! Bring on all the wine you want in your carry one, pay $15 per 750 ml bottle. It doesn't matter if it is at original boarding or any port of call. No box wine.

HAL now only allows one bottle per cruise.

I am a wine enthusiast,drink wine, every night . I am lucky i get on board

with a suitcase, let alone carry wine and liquor on board my cruise.

Free and Clear ,LOL . when i want a glass or bottle of wine, I order from the bar. I also took the wine package on Sept 1 to Bermuda.

I would also have a martini at one of the bars.

But I don't want to carry wine on board.

Just My opinion:D but my neighbors on Balcony deck 10 ,brought on a full bar ..at night they opened the partition, and we had a blast

I am a wine enthusiast,drink wine, every night . I am lucky i get on board

with a suitcase, let alone carry wine and liquor on board my cruise.

Free and Clear ,LOL . when i want a glass or bottle of wine, I order from the bar. I also took the wine package on Sept 1 to Bermuda.

I would also have a martini at one of the bars.

But I don't want to carry wine on board.

Just My opinion:D but my neighbors on Balcony deck 10 ,brought on a full bar ..at night they opened the partition, and we had a blast

Which wine package did you opt for? The only wine I am familiar with is the Avalon Napa Cab and it is just OK. I love delicious wine but I am not seeing anything on the NCL list. I am sure the regular wine list has much better wines but there will not be any value there! T

Archived