Bus or Metro from Place Catalunya to port

kgd

I will be staying very close to Place Catalunya and was considering taking a bus or the metro to the port. Has anyone taken a bus or metro to the port and if so which bus or metro line do we take? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is this feasable or should we just take a taxi.

I will be staying very close to Place Catalunya and was considering taking a bus or the metro to the port. Has anyone taken a bus or metro to the port and if so which bus or metro line do we take? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is this feasable or should we just take a taxi.

Metro to Drassanes (L3/Green line) €2/ea;

Walk across the street toward the water and then the port [blue] bus to the specific dock for your ship (€2.50/ea)

In multiple stays in Barcelona we've always gone to the port on the port bus and have never taken a taxi, it's pretty straightforward.

Taxi stand right on Place Catalunya. Very easy. They put us in taxi and our luggage in the trunk and off we went. I forget the fee but it is fixed. We were right in front of our ship quickly. We can't handle our own luggage so this was the best choice for us.

Metro to Drassanes (L3/Green line) €2/ea;

Walk across the street toward the water and then the port [blue] bus to the specific dock for your ship (€2.50/ea)

In multiple stays in Barcelona we've always gone to the port on the port bus and have never taken a taxi, it's pretty straightforward.

Isn't there also a bus from the other end near the Columbus statue, that goes to the docks?

Taxi stand right on Place Catalunya. Very easy. They put us in taxi and our luggage in the trunk and off we went. I forget the fee but it is fixed. We were right in front of our ship quickly. We can't handle our own luggage so this was the best choice for us.

Do you know if at the taxi stands there were bigger vans available to hold group of 5 plus luggage?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile appea

• 2 weeks later...
That's the bus I mentioned, you missed the part "Metro to Drassanes (L3/Green line)" to get from one end of La Rambla to the other.

Thank you. :) You mention the "blue" bus, does this pick up where the HOHO bus stop is? Only one stop, since this stop is going in the direction away from the cruise ships?

One last question- is there a website for these buses, handicapped accessible?

Thank you. :) You mention the "blue" bus, does this pick up where the HOHO bus stop is? Only one stop, since this stop is going in the direction away from the cruise ships?

BQ--I always read you on the Alaska boards. I hope you enjoy your European cruise.

I found this on another site.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html#cruiseTerminals

There is no fixed timetable for the Blue Bus however the cruise terminal operators co-ordinate the running of the bus with the arrival and departures of the cruise ships. On average the bus leaves every 30 minutes from the Christopher Columbus monument.The bus is adapted for easy access for the disabled traveller with a wheelchair. If you are looking to take the Barcelona Tours Bus (The hop on hop off tourist site seeing bus) then you can do so once you are dropped off at the Columbus monument. The tourist bus has a stop just a few meters from where the Blue Bus leaves from the Columbus monument.

BQ--I always read you on the Alaska boards. I hope you enjoy your European cruise.

I found this on another site.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html#cruiseTerminals

There is no fixed timetable for the Blue Bus however the cruise terminal operators co-ordinate the running of the bus with the arrival and departures of the cruise ships. On average the bus leaves every 30 minutes from the Christopher Columbus monument.The bus is adapted for easy access for the disabled traveller with a wheelchair. If you are looking to take the Barcelona Tours Bus (The hop on hop off tourist site seeing bus) then you can do so once you are dropped off at the Columbus monument. The tourist bus has a stop just a few meters from where the Blue Bus leaves from the Columbus monument.

Thanks for this link! :)

No, it picks up on the road that runs between the Columbus statue and the ocean. Here's a map of the route. This is not a HoHo bus, this is a bus run by the port authority

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

Thank you for the details. I have been to Barcelona several times, and the "port" buses have been at different locations. One time, it was at the dock area, a walk from the Columbus statue, down to the end of the block and turning left in that staging area, buses lined up.

Thanks for the web link and current information. Leaving 10-14

We are also staying at Plaza Catalunya. We have been there before. It is at the top of the street called Las Rambles. At the bottom of Las Rambles is the port. In the past when we have gotten into Barcelona a few days early, we walked the entire length of Las Rambles from Plaza Catalunya to the port. The distance is not that far and a taxi would be the best bet if your schleping luggage. We don't remember the cost last time but the ride was just a few minutes. An advantage of staying near Plaza Catalunya is El Corte Ingles Department store is located there. Anything you left at home to make the luggage weight limit on the plane can be purchased there. Here is a link to what the store carries:

http://www.elcorteingles.es/secciones/secciones_departamentos.asp

The bus from the Airport makes a stop in front of the store. We intend to try the bus this time. Regards, Geo&Ver

Do you know if at the taxi stands there were bigger vans available to hold group of 5 plus luggage?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile appea

That can be a major problem. Most Barcelona taxis are only permitted to carry 4 passengers (this is regulated by law). There are some van/taxis licensed to carry up to 6, but they can be difficult to find. At the airport they have employees that control the taxi queues and they can usually get you a van/taxi. But in town its another story. If you are at a hotel the doorman can call for a 6 person taxi. Otherwise, you can consider taking 2 taxis.

Hank

Archived