Allure Western swing

uncfes

headed to the Allure soon. Jamaica, Haiti, Cozimil..... suggestions on what to do? Where to shop? Cigar shops?

Cozimil? Allure stopping at a new port? :eek:

But like what the other poster said, tell us what you like to do. If your budget extends, book a private excursion in Jamaica, contact Ricardo Riley from Liberty Tours Jamaica and I am sure he can arrange something for you. Cozumel is all about the Mayan Ruins, beaches and the Forum Shopping centre. I'm sure there are other things to do.

Give us more info as to what you are looking to do, and we will see what we can do.

headed to the Allure soon. Jamaica, Haiti, Cozimil..... suggestions on what to do? Where to shop? Cigar shops?

Probably should not ask us. We have been know to stay onboard and enjoy a quieter ship. (we have enough T-shirts - LOL)

Jamaica ~ Can do Dunn's River Waterfall - you walk up the waterfall. Can be booked privately or on the ship.

My Time N Place -- very short cab ride from the port. Can also be provided by My Time N Place through their website. $20/ with transportation per person Restaurant and Bar on site, no frills

All inclusive beach break - keep in mind either MoBay or Ocho Rios is a 45 minute drive each way.

Cozumel ~ Dolphin swim at Chakanaab

Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go option

Edited by Pebbles468

Jamaica ~ Can do Dunn's River Waterfall - you walk up the waterfall. Can be booked privately or on the ship.

My Time N Place -- very short cab ride from the port. Can also be provided by My Time N Place through their website. $20/ with transportation per person Restaurant and Bar on site, no frills

All inclusive beach break - keep in mind either MoBay or Ocho Rios is a 45 minute drive each way.

Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go option

Personally, I would opt for Irie Blue Hole over Dunns.

When were you there last? Thinking of going there in November. Can you tell me how much it would be to get in? Is it good for young kids? We just want a family beach day.

Edited by Rufferto

Labadee:

Swim (free)

Beach volleyball (free):D

Jet ski"s $$ (great ride):D

Roller coaster $:D

Eat

Jamaica:

Dunns river falls $

Zip line $$:D

Caves $

Cozumel:

Snuba $$

Snorkel $

Swim with dolphins $$$$$! :D

Enjoy beach day

The green mark are the ones we enjoyed

Sea Ya

Cozumel (or Cozimil) Bar Hop.
Before you have too many drinks make SURE that you know when your ship is leaving. It is quite common for ships in Cozumel to stay on Fort Lauderdale time, which is NOT the local time in Cozumel. When the clock on the wall of the bar says 6pm, that does not mean you have an hour to get to your 7pm sailing. It does say to step outside and wave to your ship as it sails away.:eek:

Thom

Mr. Sanchos all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go option[/quote

Hi Pebbles,

Have you been to My Time N Place, my DW and I are thinking about it. We have booked Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel as it came highly recommended.

We are going to My Time N Place in December.. You may be there before us. we found it through the CC boards. The location is next to Chukka beach offered through the ship. My Time N Place has a bar/restaurant and is supposed to be more reasonably priced than Chukka.

I believe the $20 breaks down to $10 for transportation and & $10 entrance. It is supposed to be walking distance from the Falmouth Port. However, having only been in Ocho Rios, I don't know how safe it is in Falmouth to walk.

I did quite a bit of research through the boards. They don't offer much beyond the beach, as I said, no frills. They also offer a cave tour, but it is offsite from the beach location.

We really picked this because we don't want to drive to either MoBay or Ocho Rios for 45 min each way with our kids.

Edited by Pebbles468

Cozumel:eek: We are beach people, snorkle people.

There is so much to do in Cozumel. We went to Xel-ha. It is a great water Park but far from the port.

http://www.xelha.com/

This is where I would like to go next time we get to Cozumel

http://attractions.uptake.com/blog/xcaret-water-park-playa-del-carmen-mexico-6638.html

It might be far from the port too. Not sure. We passed it as we were heading to Xel-ha

In all honesty, we might just head to a beach day at:http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/MrSanchosWaterPark.html

I guess when our next cruise is a reality, we will decided.

You asked about cigar shops...my husband goes to one at the port in Falmouth. We've gone the last two years and the same man has helped us. Don't remember the exact name but I think he found the shop through Cigar Afficiando magazine:) As for excursions, the zip line in Labadee is a MUST, Dunns River and Mystic Mountain in Falmouth and the Amazing Race in Cozumel. These were all "make a memory" for my family and I! Have a wonderful time...

Few quick general answers..... We do have one trip planned to do the ATV is Cozumel, not sure about Haiti other than just hangout on the beach.. wife had been there before and doesn't have much interest.... I hear outside of the play area it's really nasty.... Jamaica, want to do the falls, (stairs might be a killer for us) and thought about the bobsled ride.. Anyone know how hard that is on the back?

Really love finding "good" cigar shops, and please don't go on about why not to buy certain ones, I know how and what to look for, just don't know the "good" shops in each new port. I often pass by others trying to buy and reach out to them and explain that they are about to get ripped-off... if they listen the listen, if not... sorry I was just trying to be a good neighbor.....

Excited to hop on the Allure once again, this time without all the kids.... eat at some of the restaurants we missed last time... meet new travelers

Next cruise we are trying to find that does Asia but mostly stops at ports in Japan.. that one seems really hard as the few we found or the top of the line cruises very pricey and I don't do well with snooty people.... i'm here to have fun, enjoy new friends, not be looked down at with those who think they are better..... sorry don't mean to be harsh but I know most of you are on this site because you also enjoy just cruising and leaving the worlds issues behind for the time we are out there...

Enjoy, thanks for any suggestions...... hug your family and be good to your pets....

• 5 months later...

Well we never made this trip because of family issues... so glad we had trip insurance.. never leave shore without it..... So now rebooked and ready to go in July on but this time on the Oasis..... gonna be a great 7th anniversary trip... married on a RC ship on 07-07-07... now in our 7th year what a better way to do it

Still looking for suggestions for shore trips that are easyy.. still not over health issues and for me still looking for cigar shops and I know my brands so really need a real shop

thanks

Uncle Fester sailing for Las Vegas