Booked a Balcony Guarantee - will it change?

missdenise

We booked a balcony guarantee on a sailing about 6 months from now. I just happened to see that we already have a cabin assignment.

Some friends of our decided to go on the same cruise and they want to book a cabin near where we are located. Not sure what to advise them. Is it common for RCL to change the cabin after it has already been assigned?

We booked a balcony guarantee on a sailing about 6 months from now. I just happened to see that we already have a cabin assignment.

Some friends of our decided to go on the same cruise and they want to book a cabin near where we are located. Not sure what to advise them. Is it common for RCL to change the cabin after it has already been assigned?

No, it's not common for a stateroom assignment to change. It could happen, but it's rare.

It would be rare that a cabin would change, but they would be within their rights to do so up until the time that cruise documents are issued. This is about a week or two after the final payment date.

If you do not to be upgraded on a specific cruise you have to modify your upgrade setting in your Crown and Anchor profile. Upgrades would also be rare for those booking far in advance without special status.

If your cabin has already been assigned, you can call RCCL and change to any open cabin in the same category, if you can find two cabins next to each other, that are in that category and ask to be changed to one of the cabins and your friends can book the other one,

We are about 8 months out and booked a balcony guarantee, how did you figure out it got assigned, do you just go into your "my cruises" in the rccl website. So far that's what I'm doing and "not assigned yet".

We are about 8 months out and booked a balcony guarantee, how did you figure out it got assigned, do you just go into your "my cruises" in the rccl website. So far that's what I'm doing and "not assigned yet".

Yes, that's how we usually find out. Just check your account on Royal's website periodically.

Archived