RC Liberty of Seas or Disney Fantasy for ages 2,6,9

a6h73

We are thinking of taking a last minute cruise over Christmas with our 3 kids. We aren't good advance planners sadly. Anyway our kids are a just turned two year old, 6 and 9. None of them watch Disney or have been. They never seem interested (all boys) but we've heard great things about Disney cruises. We have taken the older ones on Carnival but I'm scared of Carnival now with all their broken ships.

Anyway, we can do a 5 day Liberty of seas (2 balcony Cabins) for 7500 or a 7 day Fantasy (2 balcony cabins) for 13700.

I opted out of the family staterooms bc Im slightly worried about my 2 year old- he isnt a great sleeper and Im thinking being in the same room means no sleep for me.

What would you do? HELP!

Here is a review that compares Freedom of the Seas (Liberty's Sister Ship) to Disney cruises:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832410&highlight=disney+freedom

I would suggest reading some review from both ships and also searching the forums for comparisons. What's great for one family might not be best for yours. There is some really great information on these boards that can help you make your decision.

Many of the family staterooms on Royal's ships have separate sleeping areas. There are also family suites which have separate bedrooms. Make sure you get connecting staterooms if you are not in the same stateroom. You would be surprised at how well kids will sleep on a cruise though.

I have to say though, I would not spend $1500/night for Liberty of the Seas or $2000/night for Fantasy, unless I was in a top suite - even then...

• 2 weeks later...

While I've never sailed RCCL, we have sailed DCL and I would never pay the difference you mention for the Disney experience. My boys were 8&5 in our Disney cruise and while they had fun, they have also enjoyed our many NCL cruises.

Personally, I'd take the RCCL cruise and book a land based Disney vacation at a later date. That way you can have both experiences!

Not sure if you have made a decision already, but I would recommend Liberty of the Seas for your group. I have gone on LOS twice, and it is a great ship with a lot to offer for families. I really enjoy Disney, too, but if your family isn't super into Disney I don't think it is worth such a large price difference. I have traveled on the sister ship to Fantasy (Dream) as well as the Wonder. Disney does a lot of things well, but so does RCCL. The one advantage I could see for Disney for your group is that the older ones could be together in the kids club, whereas on LOS they would likely be in separate groups. I don't know that this is a huge issue for you or not. You could do another cruise with the price difference!

Archived