Latitudes Gold Member Laundry Benefit

Aunolde

Hi,

I'm a long time cruiser, but a first time poster on this forum. We've booked the Norwegian Star cruise disembarking on 12/8/13.

I'm a Gold Tier Latitudes member. The Latitudes benefits tier matrix on the NCL website shows "Laundry Service" as a Gold Level benefit. I interpret this to mean that laundry service is complimentary. Per NCL management, the gold tier benefit is only a 25% discount. While not a make-or-break issue, I think it is misleading.

I'm curious what others have experienced.

Not misleading if you understood it :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Misleading when NOT further specified. I'm looking at the benefits and it just say "Laundry Service" not further specifed as "complementary" or "discounted" or other

Also not seeing this listed as "complementary" under Platuim.

Edited by debnjoe1438

Misleading when NOT further specified. I'm looking at the benefits and it just say "Laundry Service" not further specifed as "complementary" or "discounted" or other

Also not seeing this listed as "complementary" under Platuim.

I'm guessing you are looking here:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

However, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll see:

See Latitudes Rewards Terms and Conditions.

If you click it....it will bring you here:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/terms-and-conditions

Hope that helps!

Harriet

Not misleading at all! Very clear what the perk is for each of the two categories. The terms and conditions are very clear.

While clicking further under terms and conditions might be clear, the chart is not. Period. If it were there would be an asterisk or footnote number either on the fish itself or the line "laundry service" to alert the reader there was a difference, or better yet a small clarification listed right on the chart as there is for photo discount...so....

I have to agree, pretty darn misleading...

And FURTHER I just logged under My NCL and it does not even have that terms and conditions link right under. I would rightly assume a simple fish icon listed alongside laundry service next to both the gold and platinum columns would be the same benefit for both.

Not picking on you, btw, just making a point that hopefully NCL either corrects or actually makes right by extending the full benefit like it says.

Edited by Medtech2

I am lost to why anyone finds this misleading! It is under the headline of latitude benefits ( a discount is a benefit in anyone's eyes ) also it states things that are complimentary so as this does not show complimentary it is quite apparent that it is not free for both silver and platinum but the terms show that the benefit to gold is 25% off and comp for platinum.

I am lost to why anyone finds this misleading! It is under the headline of latitude benefits ( a discount is a benefit in anyone's eyes ) also it states things that are complimentary so as this does not show complimentary it is quite apparent that it is not free for both silver and platinum but the terms show that the benefit to gold is 25% off and comp for platinum.

I agree with this poster ..... here is link to NCL's Latitudes Rewards Points & Benefits page. For laundry the column on the left lists Laundry Service (not complimentary laundry service). Unless you click on terms and conditions you have no idea what laundry service is being given for either gold or platinum levels. The benefits (which I LOVE) for LeBistro, Behind the Scenes Tour and Sparkling Wine all have complimentary shown in their description in the left side column.

Reading this posting reminded me of our first cruise as Platinum that was long enough to need the service. We received the certificate for laundry - it did not state a particular day (read it several times to check). Unless I missed fine print somewhere, is there a particular day this offer has to be used? Our room steward stated it was supposed to be the same day the one bag at a fixed price is offered. Eventually they honored the certificate, but it left me very confused on this issue. Anyone who can offer clarification on this - will need to know for our upcoming repo. Thanks .

Not misleading at all! Very clear what the perk is for each of the two categories. The terms and conditions are very clear.

Ok, If you know to look or have some indication to look under the terms and conditions, not misleading. However, on the list of "benefits" are specifics for some. Such as photo's 10% for silver, 15% for gold, (may not be exact not looking at the moment) Just having "laundry service" with no specifications, and no indication one should look elsewhere for specifications leaves it open IMHO for interpertation. Some will assume it's complementary, some will not.

For the record I personally appreciate every benefit I get. I may not take advantage of all, however I do appreciate the "gift" of the benefit. Doesn't matter if it's a discount or a plate of strawberries.:)

Edited by debnjoe1438

I agree with this poster ..... here is link to NCL's Latitudes Rewards Points & Benefits page. For laundry the column on the left lists Laundry Service (not complimentary laundry service). Unless you click on terms and conditions you have no idea what laundry service is being given for either gold or platinum levels. The benefits (which I LOVE) for LeBistro, Behind the Scenes Tour and Sparkling Wine all have complimentary shown in their description in the left side column.

Using that logic would be saying Bronze or Silver cannot use the Laundry Service at all, which they can, for a fee, just like non-Latitudes cruisers, because there is no check in their columns...

OMG, I just have to laugh and believe someone from NCL must have been reading this blog. Just brought MY NCL and I'm looking at the Lattitude benefits.

It is NOW SPECIFIED. :D

Laundry Service

25% on one bag of laundry Gold members, complimentary one bag of laundry Platinum members

I'm thinking CC and NCL are a good combination. :)

OMG, I just have to laugh and believe someone from NCL must have been reading this blog. Just brought MY NCL and I'm looking at the Lattitude benefits.

It is NOW SPECIFIED. :D

Laundry Service

25% on one bag of laundry Gold members, complimentary one bag of laundry Platinum members

I'm thinking CC and NCL are a good combination. :)

LOL that is hilarious. Good job cc and good job NCL. As a fangirl and stockholder this makes me happy.

Just in case Norwegian is still following the thread I would be happier yet if stockholder benefits could be combined with other benefits like my measly $15 OBC on Feb NCL Pearl cruise :) Otherwise do away with the $15 and let me have my $50 stockholder obc for short cruise.

omg, i just have to laugh and believe someone from ncl must have been reading this blog. Just brought my ncl and i'm looking at the lattitude benefits.

It is now specified. :d

laundry service

25% on one bag of laundry gold members, complimentary one bag of laundry platinum members

i'm thinking cc and ncl are a good combination. :)

lol that is hilarious. Good job cc and good job ncl. .

Just in case norwegian is still following the thread i would be happier yet if stockholder benefits could be combined with other benefits .

like!!!!!!!:d

Reading this posting reminded me of our first cruise as Platinum that was long enough to need the service. We received the certificate for laundry - it did not state a particular day (read it several times to check). Unless I missed fine print somewhere, is there a particular day this offer has to be used? Our room steward stated it was supposed to be the same day the one bag at a fixed price is offered. Eventually they honored the certificate, but it left me very confused on this issue. Anyone who can offer clarification on this - will need to know for our upcoming repo. Thanks .

Did you get your answer? If not, I'll can give you an idea at least, "the stuff a bag" special usually falls mid-week on a 7 day cruise and is usually listed on the Freestyle Daily paper you receive from your steward. Our laundry day for both cruises was on a Thursday, but of course that will vary. If you can't find it listed just be bold and ask your steward, they'll know for sure. They're usually pretty helpful.

Hope this helps a little, but don't sweat the small stuff, you'll get drained too quickly.

Have a wonderful cruise and look forward to a review if you have the time...

First, thanks to all who responded to provide comments and points of view from both sides. I'll be the first to admit that the gold level laundry benefit is perfectly clear if you take the time to search down to the right page. I went no farther than the benefit chart.

Second, I find it amazing that my email yesterday to NCL, this thread, or a combination of both resulted in a change on their web page that fast. As a first time poster, I'm glad to be able to help out.

Now, what can you tell me about the nightly chocolates in our room benefit? Do we actually get chocolates or just a discount on chocolates? :)

First, thanks to all who responded to provide comments and points of view from both sides. I'll be the first to admit that the gold level laundry benefit is perfectly clear if you take the time to search down to the right page. I went no farther than the benefit chart.

Second, I find it amazing that my email yesterday to NCL, this thread, or a combination of both resulted in a change on their web page that fast. As a first time poster, I'm glad to be able to help out.

Now, what can you tell me about the nightly chocolates in our room benefit? Do we actually get chocolates or just a discount on chocolates? :)

Your chocolates will all have little nibbles out of them... hehe (as in discounted) I know you got it! :)

Seriously, you're gold and entitled to chocolates... yay... yumm

Edited by B6ConMe

As gold, the nightly chocolates we've always received were left on our pillow. Much like the 'turn down' chocolates left on your pillow at a hotel.

Harriet

Did you get your answer? If not, I'll can give you an idea at least, "the stuff a bag" special usually falls mid-week on a 7 day cruise and is usually listed on the Freestyle Daily paper you receive from your steward. Our laundry day for both cruises was on a Thursday, but of course that will vary. If you can't find it listed just be bold and ask your steward, they'll know for sure. They're usually pretty helpful.

Hope this helps a little, but don't sweat the small stuff, you'll get drained too quickly.

Have a wonderful cruise and look forward to a review if you have the time...

You know.....this is something I've never used before. Always afraid that I'll send out 15 pc. and only get back 12. Or someone else's laundry! Curious, however, once you send it out how long does it take to get back?

Harriet

Hi Harriet,

We've always had ours back by end of next day, so when we return from dinner it's on our turned down bed... and I never send anything delicate that I can wash in the sink. I've sent some underwear, t-shirts and shorts, pants, golf shirts and things like that. Had no problems and I do list what I'm sending, always received it back with no issues.

Edited by B6ConMe

Hi Harriet,

We've always had ours back by end of next day, so when we return from dinner it's on our turned down bed... and I never send anything delicate that I can wash in the sink. I've sent some underwear, t-shirts and shorts, pants, golf shirts and things like that. Had no problems and I do list what I'm sending, always received it back with no issues.

Thanks! I'm considering using this service on a b2b I'm going on in Jan/Feb as it will be a total of 28 days.

Harriet

Thanks! I'm considering using this service on a b2b I'm going on in Jan/Feb as it will be a total of 28 days.

Harriet

Wow, that sounds amazing... may I ask where you're going or is it a secret? It sounds very exciting. I'm hoping DH will someday decide to retire, although since he loves his job, it won't be soon. A b2b would be great or maybe just a TA and tour of Europe... haven't figured that out yet.

Edited by B6ConMe

...that hopefully NCL either corrects or actually makes right by extending the full benefit like it says.

Don't get me wrong, I'll glady accept whatever benefit they want to bestow, be it a partial or full discount. But no, they haven't even responded to my email, let alone offered to extend the full benefit.

Wow, that sounds amazing... may I ask where you're going or is it a secret? It sounds very exciting. I'm hoping DH will someday decide to retire, although since he loves his job, it won't be soon. A b2b would be great or maybe just a TA and tour of Europe... haven't figured that out yet.

It's a Panama Canal cruise with the Star. It leaves Miami 14 days later arrives in LA. Instead of flying back home, we're going to just cruise back to Miami for another 14 days. It'll be the longest cruise we've ever taken with 14 days being the max in the past. Should be fun!

Harriet