Coming back to X

Jamara

My DH and I are Elite and have done a fair number of cruises but a few years ago we were on the Millie and it was not great, We have since sailed RCI, MSC and Hal. All have ups and downs but we have come back to X. Booked Reflection yesterday - took a guarantee and got a 1B cabin which is great.

Hope X is all that we remember - 3 years since we were with them..........fingers crossed.

My DH and I are Elite and have done a fair number of cruises but a few years ago we were on the Millie and it was not great, We have since sailed RCI, MSC and Hal. All have ups and downs but we have come back to X. Booked Reflection yesterday - took a guarantee and got a 1B cabin which is great.

Hope X is all that we remember - 3 years since we were with them..........fingers crossed.

You're going to notice very little change, except maybe the new hires for maitre d' , sommelier and head waiter. :D:p

movie_feature1.jpg

Thsi is a little confusing. You sailed on Celebrity and it was not great so you tried other cruise lines. Now you are comming back and you hope is it like you remembered? :confused:

Wouldn't you want it to be better?

The S class is completely different than the M class. The Reflection is a beautiful ship and hopefully you will enjoy it.

.:D

Our Celebrity cruises were very good until Millie let us down - what we remember is great food and service ...........what I mean is that I hope the one cruise we did not enjoy is just a one off and that normal service has been resumed.

Some people on this board are really cheer leaders and we just want to try again and see if it is the right fit.

Our Celebrity cruises were very good until Millie let us down - what we remember is great food and service ...........what I mean is that I hope the one cruise we did not enjoy is just a one off and that normal service has been resumed.

Some people on this board are really cheer leaders and we just want to try again and see if it is the right fit.

IMO the Solstice Class ships are outstanding. Although I know that they are not for every one they are perfect for us.

We have been on the Summit twice and enjoyed it as well. We are trying the Reflection in less than a month and I sure it will as good as the others.

Do you like different dining, drinking, and relaxing options you should be very pleased.

Good luck and welcome back.

We really enjoy Celebrity (as well as Princess) and have a 10 day cruise in the Med on Reflection booked for May. But I do have to say that all the cruise lines seem to have cut back. Food on Celebrity, particularly in the MDR, is very good but not quite as excellent as it was a few years ago. Service has been tremendous as always. This is only my opinion, of course, and I think Celebrity is still a step (or two or three) ahead of most of the other lines. I only mention it so that the OP, who has not been on Celebrity for awhile, will be aware of this possibility going in.

To mirror your situation we sailed about 20 times and then took our fIrst cruise on Celebrity on the Solstice in AQ. It was by far the best ever. We then went on the Silhoutte in AQ and Summit in AQ. Because of how we raved about how great Celebrity and AQ was some friends decided to join us for the cruise on the Summit. It was one of our worst experiences of any cruises. Part was due to the difference in what we were use to in AQ on the S class compared to the M class and the other was our traveling companions. We did the same exact cruise the next year (for various reasons ;) by our selves and it was very enjoyable and ranks among one of our favorites. There are a lot of factors that affect how it is perceived.

Celebrity has changed a little during the last three years when we started to sail on it. Some things good and some bad. There again it all depends on what people like or don't. Celebrity is trying to "improve" and be competitive but many don't like the changes and others do and some don't know any better..

I am sure that you will find the cruise to be very enjoyable and what you liked if you go with a clean slate and try not to be too critical or biased.

.:D

Hope you have great trip.

We prefer the m class ships, but sail more on s class these days(based on dates and itinerary mainly).

I know it probably sounds odd, but on s class ships I really miss walking along the deck (not sure deck number?? Maybe 3 or 4..where the lifeboats are above your head) and watching the sea spray and waves coming off the ships side). We would always walk after dinner or the show and it was always peaceful. On s class ship there is very limited views DOWN to the water right next to the ship.

S class ships have many great features also. I am just amazed at the size of the atrium. Funny to watch some people not being able to go all the way to back of elevator where there is clear glass floor.

Reflection is a beautiful ship. We were on her 2nd cruise which began last Oct 23rd.

Last week I received the The Building of Celebrity Reflection DVD and it was worth the $23.00 cost (including shipping). At 1:10 hours long, the DVD covers her 400 days of construction from the laying of her keel to the official "handing over the keys" and naming ceremonies. The DVD is available on Celebrity's website: http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/Reflection.asp

This Wednesday, Oct 9th, marks the one year anniversary of Celebrity taking possession of the ship. Happy 1st birthday Reflection!

Archived