A little info please... first time Diamond on Navigator ....

First cruise as Diamond!! I know where there is a list for all Diamond benefits but specifically I cannot locate answers to the following:

- What is Diamond breaktast and where is it on Navigator?

- Where is Diamond event held on Navigator and what do they offer?

Thanks in advance!!

First cruise as Diamond!! I know where there is a list for all Diamond benefits but specifically I cannot locate answers to the following:

Thanks in advance!!

The Diamond breakfast is in one of the wings of the MDR. The breakfast has the same menu. The difference is that you can order specialty coffees at no charge. The nightly Diamond Event offers free wine, champagne, and fountain soft drinks at no charge. Other beverages can be ordered at a 25% discount. Where it is held depends on how many Diamonds are onboard. It could be held in the card room, Viking Crown Lounge or another lounge. When the ship goes into dry dock in January a Diamond Club will be added where the 19th Hole is now located.

Thanks in advance!!

There will be a letter in yor stateroom with the location of the Diamond Breakfast and Diamond Event.

Another question on this topic...we just got Diamond but the rest of my family is not.

Do we have to sit in the diamond area to get speciality coffees at breakfast or can we sit with our family in the regular MDR and still get it? My husband may abandon family breakfasts for coffee...

Another question on this topic...we just got Diamond but the rest of my family is not.

Do we have to sit in the diamond area to get speciality coffees at breakfast or can we sit with our family in the regular MDR and still get it? My husband may abandon family breakfasts for coffee...

The free specialty coffee is only served in the Diamond section. However, if you are on a ship with a dedicated Diamond Lounge, stop by the lounge to get free specialty coffee on your way to breakfast.

There were 5 of us on our last cruise. Four of us were Diamond. The only one that wasn't Diamond was sharing the cabin with a Diamond member. She was the only one that wanted to try the Diamond dining room. At the door, they noted that she wasn't Diamond and when we all turned to leave, they said okay. We would have, at that point, preferred to have just left. I thought it was rather silly, since the dining room was practically empty. I don't really see the point, except to be able to say you have some room that others aren't allowed to enter. No big deal. We spent the other mornings in the MDR or the WJ and enjoyed breakfast more.

• 3 months later...
The free specialty coffee is only served in the Diamond section. However, if you are on a ship with a dedicated Diamond Lounge, stop by the lounge to get free specialty coffee on your way to breakfast.

I also am a "diamond virgin". I'm sailing the Navigator. Unless I've been misinformed, she will have a brand new Diamond lounge following the dry dock. Can you go to the Diamond lounge and get two lattes to bring back to the wife in the cabin? Of course, that is assuming that both of you are diamond, and perhaps you bring her card with you.

I also am a "diamond virgin". I'm sailing the Navigator. Unless I've been misinformed, she will have a brand new Diamond lounge following the dry dock. Can you go to the Diamond lounge and get two lattes to bring back to the wife in the cabin? Of course, that is assuming that both of you are diamond, and perhaps you bring her card with you.

Two lattes should not be a problem, except for opening the stateroom door when you are carrying them.;)

Edited by clarea

After January it should be better with appetizers and a slightly better drink selection. They also have some limited breakfast items out and a coffee machine. Ships that do not have a dedicated lounge offer beer, wine and no food usually.
Diamond Event has no-additional-cost wine and soft drinks. Beer and Cocktails 25% off. So, yes, they offer beer, but you have to pay. At least that is the general rule, but as always YMMV. Diamond Lounge/Club/whatever they call it this week does include no-additional-cost beers and cocktails - a decent selection, but not a complete menu (eg no blender drinks, maybe three beer choices).

Thom

I'm currently Emerald and just booked a cruise also on Navigator in May. This cruise will give me the points to make Diamond but am I Diamond for this cruise or not until the next one I take? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm currently Emerald and just booked a cruise also on Navigator in May. This cruise will give me the points to make Diamond but am I Diamond for this cruise or not until the next one I take? Thanks in advance for your help!

You don't earn the points until you complete the cruise.