Celebrity Solstice

Thank you for that. Hearing that is a bit worrying for a plus size lady like me :( Oh well, it is only 3 hours! And if the service is good, maybe that will make up for it.

I'm not small myself and was fine for the flight to Europe with stops in Dubai & Singapore.

My son was 2 at the time & after flying so many hours caring for him & stoping in Singapore ect the airline hostess took him for a visit to business class airline hostesses . I cried with gratitude.

They also moved hubby son my son & I could have 3 seats to ourselves & Also gave us the front row where he could stretch without kicking the seat in front.

The service is brilliant,

We are doing Auckland to Sydney in December and booked with Qantas to fly Sydney to Auckland, but it is actually an Emirates plane. How did you find them to fly with?

Thanks

Jennie

Very good 3 hour flight Syd-Auck on Emirates. Plane was pretty full but food service good. It was an A380. By the time you watch a movie and have a meal, you are there. I have flown most Airlines, I would rate Emirates up there with Singapore A/L and Air NZ. Yes top 3 in my opinion, Singapore, Air NZ, Emirates.

I travel frequently on Emirates for business. They are a really well run airline. Their one noteworthy disadvantage is that they squeeze in more seats than most of their competitors. For example, an Emirates 777 has 10 seats across in economy class. In contrast, an Air New Zealand 777 has 9 seats across. See for yourself on seatguru dot com.

Plus fewer toilets than e.g. Qantas in economy.

Fortunately, it's a short flight, so just use facilities at the airport before/after.

Sorry to the OP - didn't mean to hijack the thread. I did think it was relevant because it is part of getting to the cruise but am sorry if it wasn't.

Jennie

No worries. I'm sure we have all been guilty in the past of straying from the original topic. :D

Archived