Tea making equipment

Jimsgirl

"had to smile at one which seems to imply I travel in the Grills, I WISH.!!"

I could never understand why it's others people business how anyone decides how to spend it's own money.

It's clearly not a matter of afford it or not is it? :rolleyes:

Oh How I wish it was not a matter of $$$$, but the truth is I have champagne taste and beer money, so it is inside lowest price cabin. Of course I would rather rattle around in the Holyrood suite, all that space and just one little old lady.

Lynn. You would and have given the Holyrood Suite and the Veuve Cliquot Champagne bar a classy look with your presence as I recall.

Mike

As per the line in "GIGI" film, "Ah I remember it well",

Best wishes to you both, maybe one day we will meet again. Ooops I forgot the cats

Lynn

Oh How I wish it was not a matter of $$$$, but the truth is I have champagne taste and beer money, so it is inside lowest price cabin. Of course I would rather rattle around in the Holyrood suite, all that space and just one little old lady.

I was thinking about all those post about that those who cruise Cunard can afford this and that. Of course going Grills IS a matter of $$$$! :D

If somebody ask for advice on cheaper way to travel to Southampton (or anywhere else), what's the point on suggesting taking a private car and saying it's cheaper than the cruise? :confused:

If somebody ask for advice on cheaper way to travel to Southampton (or anywhere else), what's the point on suggesting taking a private car and saying it's cheaper than the cruise? :confused:

When someone is inquiring about food and service in Brittania, it's also not overly helpful to suggest that they book Grills instead because everything is so much better. :D

Hi Jimsgirl - I have had one of those for years and took it on a longer cruise earlier this year as I don't like tea made with lukewarm water. I used it to boil the water supplied in a pot with room service breakfast. You just need to stay with it as it does not switch off automatically - mine didn't anyway. I packed it in case, not carry-on because I only pack valuables, meds and stuff I actually need for the journey in carry-on. Some people who do not drink tea do not understand the importance of it being made properly (unlike with coffee, tea needs boiling water). Suggesting that if you can afford a Cunard cruise you can afford to buy a cup of tea is completely missing the point. They have obviously never tasted or drunk the offerings that are all too often served up on cruise ships. Good luck.

Thank you 2Irisheyes.

I did not emigrate until I was in my mid fifties, a good hot cup of tea was a panacea especially during the war. I was in London working during the Blitz, believe me there were times when a "hot cup of tea" was "manna from heaven".

I had not intended to use the tea maker on board, I usually go to Sir Samuels for a "pot". Even the tea served at breakfast in the MDR often fails to "hit the spot", although people know the difference between various coffees, few understand the difference between English Breakfast, and Earl Grey (and let us not mention Lapsang).

I will certainly buy a gadget to take with me, so I can enjoy a "bracing cuppa" as soon as I crawl out of bed.

Still have 8 months to go, then it will be B2B2B, with 17 of the 22 days being sea days.

On occasions when we want tea or coffee we pick up the phone. As we do on the ship. We feel that hotel hospitality trays or the lack of them were introduced to remove service.

Cheers.

You are assuming that all hotels offer room service. Most using a one night stay would choose a fairly basic hotel. Few of these will have room service.

David.

Archived