All Things Breakaway (secrets, tibits, to do)

gizmo911

Just wanted to bump this thread as it has so much good info on it. Thanks to those who contributed and I hope some of you who have done Breakaway will add some additional information. Will be cruising on her early March. Can't wait. Also trying to decide if spa passes good idea because of the cold leaving NYC and returning.

We've sailed NCL out of NYC twice in November, once in May, and have always been unlucky with the weather on the first and last days of the cruise. We were thrilled to have the passes - never put a foot in the regular pool! As soon as we docked in Florida, it started raining, and I watched from the spa on a heated lounger.

Really great Breakaway info.....please feel free to add. I am interested in spa pass, did you feel it was worth it?

I was on a cold weather sailing in addition to a holiday week (thanksgiving). For those two reasons, I found the spa pass totally worth it.

Coka

My husband and I did one-day spa passes and thought they were absolutely worth it- so much so that we bumped up to a spa balcony cabin for our Getaway cruise. You can get a one-day pass for port days, which is a nice way to try it out without spending quite so much.

My husband and I did one-day spa passes and thought they were absolutely worth it- so much so that we bumped up to a spa balcony cabin for our Getaway cruise. You can get a one-day pass for port days, which is a nice way to try it out without spending quite so much.[/quote

How much were the one-day passes, did you have to use the same day of purchase? Thanks.

Really great Breakaway info.....please feel free to add. I am interested in spa pass, did you feel it was worth it?

We were on a very full Breakaway in November - the spa pass was very worth it. We used it every day, especially the cold ones!

My husband and I did one-day spa passes and thought they were absolutely worth it- so much so that we bumped up to a spa balcony cabin for our Getaway cruise. You can get a one-day pass for port days, which is a nice way to try it out without spending quite so much.

How much were the one-day passes, did you have to use the same day of purchase? Thanks.

I can't remember exactly how much our one-day pass was, somewhere around $50 per person I think. They were only good on a port day, and you had to pick your day when you bought the pass. We bought ours when we went to the spa tour on embarkation day. If I recall correctly, we used ours on our first day in Bermuda. They put a sticker on your room card that says which day you're using the pass.

in July VIBE sold out by 1pm on departure day for the week. I don't know what it is like this time of year. We enjoyed VIBE because we don't have kids, its very quiet up there, no wait for drinks, and plenty of chairs and beds. Plus Jacuzzis were empty.

Is Vibe open 24-7? Or do they close at certain times?

Is it better to take one-day spa pass or full time pass for the whole cruise?Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jane:)

We originally had a large balcony cabin. We were going to get spa passes for the week. Crunched the numbers and it was cheaper to upgrade to a spa balcony. Smaller balcony but we get the spa perks. We did get one of the bump cabin balconies 14750 so we have a slightly bigger than standard balcony

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We originally had a large balcony cabin. We were going to get spa passes for the week. Crunched the numbers and it was cheaper to upgrade to a spa balcony. Smaller balcony but we get the spa perks. We did get one of the bump cabin balconies 14750 so we have a slightly bigger than standard balcony

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Can you please explain how the "bump" cabin balconies are bigger than a regular balcony? Thank you!

Jo Anne

I was also thinking about Vibe passes but with cost of Spa being $199 I am not sure if I want to purchase both. Can I pay a daily rate and are there always available loungers/space in Vibe area.

Vibe sells out first days. Very limited. Maybe 30 people per day. First on board gets them

Does it matter what side of the ship you stay on for the 3 days docked at bermuda (would prefer mid-ship since prone to sea sickness! Any good tips on what floor is quiet and good choice for 3 (looking at mini suite deck 11! Any input greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you please explain how the "bump" cabin balconies are bigger than a regular balcony? Thank you!

Jo Anne

Instead of the balcony being a rectangle it's more of a larger triangle. Definitely more room. They might have a higher price now, at least there was talk about an upcharge. We had a BC on deck 9 aft.port

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

I believe it is open til 9 or so at night. Only went until just before dinner. Really worth I. If u can get it

The spa is open from 8 AM until 10 PM. The later you go the nicer it gets. After a long port day, you wait on dinner and head to the spa. Get your time in the jacuzzi, grab a cup of ice water and head into that dry steam room and just bake. Then out of the room and into the cold shower to awaken your senses. You just feel....:cool:, awesome. Then you stretch out on a lounger and gaze out the window, soaking in the outside world that cannot touch you. You just lay back and chill. When you are done becoming human again, go to Cagneys for a rare steak, a Cesar salad, and a pitcher of martini's.

The spa is open from 8 AM until 10 PM. The later you go the nicer it gets. After a long port day, you wait on dinner and head to the spa. Get your time in the jacuzzi, grab a cup of ice water and head into that dry steam room and just bake. Then out of the room and into the cold shower to awaken your senses. You just feel....:cool:, awesome. Then you stretch out on a lounger and gaze out the window, soaking in the outside world that cannot touch you. You just lay back and chill. When you are done becoming human again, go to Cagneys for a rare steak, a Cesar salad, and a pitcher of martini's.

Well that just made me book a cabin for Monday!!!! Thank u!

Does it matter what side of the ship you stay on for the 3 days docked at bermuda (would prefer mid-ship since prone to sea sickness! Any good tips on what floor is quiet and good choice for 3 (looking at mini suite deck 11! Any input greatly appreciated!!

We lucked out with an upgrade to an AFT balcony a week before on deck 9 (9918). We backed up to the celebrity ship. We didn't hear any "noise" from our ship but we heard some "nice" music from celebrity at night. I think deck 9 is great bc from what I hear the balconies get smaller as u go up n as u go up u get closer to the on board music parties.

Hi miatamhn19. We also have 14750 on our Dec. trip, bump balcony and spa. Hope you do a review on the room ref. noise from above and the view. Have a great trip in May.

Bill, Venice, FL

I absolutely will post a review. If you use the website deckplans you can drag one deck on top of the other. Cabin #14750 is toward the front of the sun deck area so I'm thinking the noise should not be that bad.

Instead of the balcony being a rectangle it's more of a larger triangle. Definitely more room. They might have a higher price now, at least there was talk about an upcharge. We had a BC on deck 9 aft.port

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

You also get a nice forward view while under way. My sailing is in March on Getaway and the price for the B9 #14750 (bump) has not changed, same price as the regular B9 cabins :)

Edited by miataman19

As far as which side in Bermuda, you can't go wrong with either side of the ship, but all ships that I have been on that dock there, alternate which side they put to the pier on any particular sailing and may change depending on what lifeboat they may need to lower or what work may need to be done on the outside of the ship