All Things Breakaway (secrets, tibits, to do)

gizmo911

I did check all the days and it's not there :( anyone else on the march 30 sailing? I will ask in the roll call thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be too early for your to RSVP for shows yet. Although can you RSVP for dining and other shows yet? If you CAN, then I would contact NCL because there may be and issue OR they are changing the show. If you CANT make reservations for other things yet, including dining, you might be too early to do so.

Anyone know about what the rooms above the water front are like? Sepcifically Deck 9 above FAT cats or the martini bar. Is it that noisy?

They Are Very Noisy. We cruised once in September then again in October on the 9th floor. Very noisy. Will never do it again. Stayed in the 8 the and booked again for our April cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

How late are the waterslides, minigolf, sports complex, pools and hot tubs open? Never been on a cruise yet so trying to figure out what there is to do late in the evening besides shows. Thanks :)

Sports areas r open til 10 or 11. Game room near pool is fun and game area with bowling n other games open all night. There is so much to do u won't ever be bored

Just want to clarify something: Lobster is served on the 2nd night, not the first in the buffet and it's a madhouse.

Is that right? What about the MDRs? What about specialty restaurants? Does anyone have a link to the MDR menus for each day?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. All other cruises I have been on, lobster was served in the MDR not the buffet but I am hearing otherwise for NCL.

I would like to know the answer to this as well. All other cruises I have been on, lobster was served in the MDR not the buffet but I am hearing otherwise for NCL.

Some recent reviews have been saying surf and turf the first night in the MDRs. Maybe they just changed it?

Why are people on cruises so obsessed with lobster? It has been inexpensive the last couple of years and readily available everywhere.

Have to say I agree. I love lobster and have never found any on any cruise line or ship that was worth the fuss. Rubbery, very small, watery, and way overcooked. Nowadays, even if it's an option in the main dining room, I don't bother. Lobster, or the presence/absence of any other food item for that matter, is not going to impact my dining experience. I'll just find something else to eat.

You can get an excellent lobster without the hassle pretty much any time these days on land.

To cruiseship lobster, it's all "MEH" for me.

Edited by RickinNYC

I am surprised that no one has touched on the ultimate dining package. has anyone ordered the dining package. I am curious to know a few things, first can we go to more than one restaurant in the same day. For example, Le Bristo and Carneys (one at five pm, one at ten pm)

Second can we go to the same restaurant more then once a week, for example, can we go to Carrney all week. And last, if we want to order lobster can we order it inclusive (at Carneys) or do we have to pay the extra $10 sur fee.

I ask about the lobster because I love lobster and its not that cheap in Canada and not that readily available depending where in Canada you are. Lol

I am surprised that no one has touched on the ultimate dining package. has anyone ordered the dining package. I am curious to know a few things, first can we go to more than one restaurant in the same day. For example, Le Bristo and Carneys (one at five pm, one at ten pm)

Second can we go to the same restaurant more then once a week, for example, can we go to Carrney all week. And last, if we want to order lobster can we order it inclusive (at Carneys) or do we have to pay the extra $10 sur fee.

I ask about the lobster because I love lobster and its not that cheap in Canada and not that readily available depending where in Canada you are. Lol

I've seen on another thread that yes, you can go to different restaurants in the same night (if you want to eat double, or to mix and match appetizers at one place, entree at another, and dessert at a third), and you could go to Cagney's every night if you wanted. The upcharge question is the one that there seems to not be a clear answer to, someone said they've seen people post both answers, that for some the upcharges were covered, and others had to pay the extra.

I sent the email to ncl and asked about going to more than one restaurant on the same day. This is the response:

Hi JoAnn, Michael and Melissa,

Yes that is covered. There’s no limit to how many restaurants you can eat at in one night. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you!

-Lore

socialmedia@ncl.com

Just curious. What is the price of lobster up north?