Blue Velvet Cheesecake

nodogkisses

Are you talking about the Harolds in NJ that has sandwiches with just over a pound of meat?

If so yes and excellent.

That's the place! I think the cheesecake was over a pound! I drool thinking about that place! The matzoh balls are the size of softballs!

Cheesecake at the steakhouse on Liberty two weeks ago was huge, looked great and after two bites decided not worth eating.

Did have a very good one at tea time a year or so ago.

Agree was on the same cruise. Chocolate sampler from this point on.

Agree 100%. While I am not a fan of cheesecake, I can't imagine how any artificially colored cake (especially blue) could be appealing to me.

My wife gets migraines from a number of things including food dyes so we watch this closely.

In any case eating something that is artificially colored blue is not something I would want.

Agree 100%. While I am not a fan of cheesecake, I can't imagine how any artificially colored cake (especially blue) could be appealing to me.

Agreed! That much artificial blue food coloring and the mislabeling as "cheesecake" make for a complete turnoff for me. Gross.

On Carnival's Instagram today there is a pic of Blue Velvet Cheesecake from the Shake Spot on Sunshine that looks AMAZE.

[ATTACH]289799[/ATTACH]

I cruise on the Glory in two days and would like to know if I'll be able to buy a slice of Blue Velvet Cheesecake. Please say yes.

Its great but dont count calories or sugar or fat contents.

I'm not sure I'd want a blue cake. Though, I'd love a slice of this on the cruise....except its not a carbival product.

I will admit, I love good cheesecake. And desserts for that matter. My friends constantly give me request lists of my baking.

PS. I do share recipes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

1381887574898.jpg.4d6598e7d25e94e3caae04a082ceb6a8.jpg

We had the cheesecake at the steakhouse on the Splendor. Had 2 bites, didn't finish the rest. It wasn't anywhere near as good as NY style cheesecake.

I agree. The chef came and chatted with our group for a while, and he said that they get a ton of complaints about the steak house cheesecake on NYC sailings because people expect it to be NY style cheesecake, and it's not.

It was one of the worst cheesecakes I've ever eaten.