Breakaways First Florida/Bahamas/Great Stirrup Cay

brianb50

I wonder how the first cruise with new itinerary is going.

How its going to be getting on and off the ship.

Florida should be ok. Also Bahamas should be fine...

But what size is the tender that get's you to Great Stirrup Cay, will this be an issue. Did the Epic have issues moving all those people to the island. I'm sailing on the Oct 27th sailing. Hopefully bugs are starting to be worked out by then.

The funny thing is I have sailed this itinerary before and both times we couldn't go on the island because of choppy water, hope it isn't an issue this time.

What time is everyone planning on getting to NYC port, the boat leaves at 3pm?...Thinking 10ish.:confused:

What is the time that the Breakaway goes under the bridge?.:)

What time is the Haven welcome party?:)

So many things to think about, looking forward to a great week...:)

Can't wait to get on the ship and just relax..:)

I tried to watch the sailaway from NY on Sunday, but alas, something wasn't working between either my computer or the NY Harbor webcam, it just wouldn't load. I watched via the bridgecam and by 430 she was out in open water. I would say probably between 345-4p at latest going under the bridge. I missed it, so can't be sure. I watched her dock yesterday in Canaveral, and she docked about 10 min early, so perhaps they start letting people off at noon. I am very curious about GSC as well, simply because we have never been there on any of our NCL cruises and we are excited to check it out.

I'm not sure what time the party for haven guests would be, and was kind of hoping someone from one of these first FL/Bahamas sailings would post some dailies to see if they have changed times on certain things.

I plan on getting to the pier no later than 1030, but my goal is 10am as well. I know they don't board that early, but I would like to try to get an early boarding number. If you are in the haven, you get priority boarding anyhow, so the time you get to the pier probably isn't as big of a deal for you.

We don't sail until Nov 17 and hope you enjoy your halloween cruise!

But what size is the tender that get's you to Great Stirrup Cay, will this be an issue....

The tenders at GSC are repurposed/refit lifeboats from the Norway. They each hold 150 passengers, and there are several of them that run non-stop. They do an amazing job of moving the guests from the ship to the island very quickly.

ry%3D400

Have a wonderful cruise!

:)

What time is everyone planning on getting to NYC port, the boat leaves at 3pm?...Thinking 10ish.:confused:

Approximately 45 minutes after you depart NYC you should go under the bridge.

10ish should be good for arriving at the pier.

The tenders at GSC are repurposed/refit lifeboats from the Norway. They each hold 150 passengers, and there are several of them that run non-stop. They do an amazing job of moving the guests from the ship to the island very quickly.

ry%3D400

Have a wonderful cruise!

:)

Ahhh, glad to see some memory of the ol' gal survived. DW and I sailed the Norway 14 yrs ago for our 5th anniversary. We were so young, broke, and in love back then and the Norway was a bargain vacation. Now, we're still in love, but not as young :-(

I wonder how the first cruise with new itinerary is going.

How its going to be getting on and off the ship.

Florida should be ok. Also Bahamas should be fine...

But what size is the tender that get's you to Great Stirrup Cay, will this be an issue. Did the Epic have issues moving all those people to the island. I'm sailing on the Oct 27th sailing. Hopefully bugs are starting to be worked out by then.

The funny thing is I have sailed this itinerary before and both times we couldn't go on the island because of choppy water, hope it isn't an issue this time.

What time is the Haven welcome party?:)

So many things to think about, looking forward to a great week...:)

Can't wait to get on the ship and just relax..:)

I'm hoping all the bugs are fixed to. We are sailing on the same date Oct. 27.

Ahhh, glad to see some memory of the ol' gal survived. DW and I sailed the Norway 14 yrs ago for our 5th anniversary. We were so young, broke, and in love back then and the Norway was a bargain vacation. Now, we're still in love, but not as young :-(

I am also happy that there is something of her still in service. I missed the opportunity to sail her, and I will forever regret that. :(

I can totally relate to your statement about still being in love, but not so young... ;)

There is a piece of Norway on the Breakaway. I presented a model that I made of her in September. She resides in the Captain's office currently.

Many Norwegian crew speak very well of their service on the Norway.

Here are couple pictures of the model.

DSC00013.jpg.1edfd9c88014bc2b5ab10c96cc36d1a2.jpg

20130901_113704.jpg.3cbe06838ea080e8b7a21dc287a015ad.jpg

Archived