Pre-Cruise Concierge

2tnts

I am so loving the service of the pre-cruise concierge. I have called several times to add thinks, make changes. I am really going to enjoy this cruise!

And here I thought I was the only one calling and making changes.;)

So is it better to call than email? I emailed our requests for pillows, foam topper for sofa and empty fridge and this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for the email. Upon arrival your concierge Roel will follow up and confirm the request."

So is it better to call than email? I emailed our requests for pillows, foam topper for sofa and empty fridge and this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for the email. Upon arrival your concierge Roel will follow up and confirm the request."

You can do it either way and they will say it's confirmed.

• 3 weeks later...
I am so loving the service of the pre-cruise concierge. I have called several times to add things, make changes. I am really going to enjoy this cruise!

We had a couple of changes after the initial request too! They are a patient bunch.

We just got off Norwegian Breakaway this morning. I had called (twice) and emailed (several times) and nothing we asked for was done when we got on board. However, Ruth, the onboard Concierge, Gian, our Butler, and Ronald, our fantastic steward took care of everything for us once we boarded. :)

I received the notice about the pre-cruise concierge and emailed the department a few times asking for small stuff - pillows, foam topper, long extension cord for CPAP etc. They came back and said they couldn't provide the extension cord but everything else would be ready when we got there. Guess what? The only thing in the suite was an electric extension cord. Two of them. Asked the butler and room steward for the other things and it was done immediately.

Great team on the Dawn! :D

I know many get really excited about the whole pre concierge thing, and that's great. However, our experience has been as follows:

if it costs money, i.e. excursions, pre paid dining etc. they do a great job.

if you want pillows, empty the fridge, order your free boozie (owners suite) etc, it will not be done until you board and ask the butler. Soon after your requests will be filled.

After several tries on different ships, we just wait until check in with the Concierge at the pier and he/she gets it all done by the time we board.

The concept is great, the execution leaves a bit to be desired most of the time.

Everything we asked for was done before arrival - pillow selections, fridge was emptied, the Spongebob gift set was already in the room and the bed was made up with the blanket on the bed. The only thing we had to ask for was to open the connecting door from our family suite to my parents mini-suite.

I was pretty impressed, I had heard stories of requests not being fulfilled until people boarded and had prepared for that, but it was a nice surprise that it was all done. And even if it hadn't been done, would it have ruined my cruise - nope. I was on vacation! :D

We just got off Norwegian Breakaway this morning. I had called (twice) and emailed (several times) and nothing we asked for was done when we got on board. However, Ruth, the onboard Concierge, Gian, our Butler, and Ronald, our fantastic steward took care of everything for us once we boarded. :)

The same thing happened when we went. They said they were still "working out the kinks". That was last Easter...

Everything we asked for was done before arrival - pillow selections, fridge was emptied, the Spongebob gift set was already in the room and the bed was made up with the blanket on the bed. The only thing we had to ask for was to open the connecting door from our family suite to my parents mini-suite.

I was pretty impressed, I had heard stories of requests not being fulfilled until people boarded and had prepared for that, but it was a nice surprise that it was all done. And even if it hadn't been done, would it have ruined my cruise - nope. I was on vacation! :D

This was my experience as well on the Sun earlier this year. All the requested pillows, coffee sweeteners etc were there, and a pitcher of OJ for mimosas was waiting for us when we boarded. I sent pretty much the exact same request list for our cruise next month on the Dawn, so we'll see. Even if it's not taken care of when we arrive, I have no doubt it'll get done shortly thereafter. Either way, I'll be on a cruise. :)

Here is the number

855-625-4283

In addition to firm reservations like dining & shows, they will take your requests for other items.

For example I have a request for the chefs table.

My mani & pedi is tentatively scheduled (which I will have to change once on board due to cabin crawl).

There is information posted in terms of pillows, coffee, tea etc.

Archived