Swim with dolphins..jamaica or cozumel?

Heatherco

Will also post on ports boards too, but wondering if anyone here has suggestions?

Will be stopping in Falmouth and Cozumel and kids would like to do a dolphin swim.

I am wondering if one is better than the other? We have been to Chanakanab before so are a little more familiar with the set up there. Didn't do the dolphins though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

Will also post on ports boards too, but wondering if anyone here has suggestions?

Will be stopping in Falmouth and Cozumel and kids would like to do a dolphin swim.

I am wondering if one is better than the other? We have been to Chanakanab before so are a little more familiar with the set up there. Didn't do the dolphins though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

IMHO Cozumel is the place for kids! I would not take my kids out of the port area in Falmouth for all the tea in China!.

Enjoy :)

Definitely Cozumel!

We've done both. We really liked Dolphin Discovery in the Chankanaab National Park and their Royal Swim.

378872_10151223016273046_1438609267_n.jpg

319036_10151223022768046_1436634933_n.jpg

While we waited for our tour, we watched the sea lion show, ate lunch (they have a decent but not great cafe), and explored the rest of the park. There's a pool there and a swim up bar so you can relax while you wait as well if you have to wait. It was a great time! With the Royal Swim we also got into the manatee tank. My son loved it.

I'll try to find some more pictures and post them...

Edited by cruisecritiquer

We have done the dolphin swim twice at Chakanaab (sp) Cozumel. We did it two years in a row because we enjoyed it so much the first time.

The first time we did it they permitted our water cameras to go in with us and we captured great pictures.

This past July, they were adamant NO CAMERAS!

The prices of their pictures were outrageous....but...because they came out so nice we actually did buy one.

It is a great experience, and you really get nice time with the dolphins.

Side note:

We did discovery cove in Orlando,,, and that was the best. But the prices their are over the top...but, it includes so much!

Sea Ya

Never would consider one in Jamaica...not known for this type of excursion.

• 3 years later...

using cozumelinsider.com read the difference between the swims vs Royal Swim and vs the encounters. HUGE difference between them all

also book early for a large discount which also gets you a lunch