Sling back shoe question

sue.young

I finally found a pair of sling back flat shoes that fit my wide wide foot for formal night!

Now my problem is I have them fastened on the tightest hole of the heel strap, but the strap still slips off my heel. There is not any room to have extra holes punched as the strap widens and would not fit the buckle. Can anyone think of a solution?

Thanks four you help!

Sue

You can try ball of the foot cushions, which keep your foot from sliding forward in the shoe. You could also try heel grips, which will help hold the strap on your foot. Another solution if the strap has elastic underneath the buckle is to have a shoemaker shorten the elastic.

How about a stip or two of moleskin stuck to the inside of the heel strap? You could try one strip and if that does not make it tight enough you could put a second strip on top of the first. It might help take up that extra space.

I have taken 2 pairs of sling back shoes to a shoe repair shop to have the buckles removed and the elastic was enough to make the shoes fit perfectly. I had the buckles removed because they caught/snagged on my long lace dress. You may have to have elastic added if your shoes weren't made that way, but the shoe repair shop can probably do that too.

Good luck.

Margee

I've never been able to wear sling-backs....my heel is just too straight and the strap will NOT stay. I'm not taping the shoe to my foot! I simply don't buy that style of shoe.

yes...a repositioning of the strap could help....you need to weigh the cost of repairing the shoe, to just buying a shoe that fits!

There is a roll-on product called "It Stays" that I put on my heel to keep the strap in place. You can also find "Firm Grip" or something similar in the baseball section of a sporting goods store. This is the "butt glue" that the pageant girls use to keep their competition suits from riding up!

There is a roll-on product called "It Stays" that I put on my heel to keep the strap in place. You can also find "Firm Grip" or something similar in the baseball section of a sporting goods store. This is the "butt glue" that the pageant girls use to keep their competition suits from riding up!

Good info. Thanks for the tip!

If you have a narrow heel sling backs are almost impossible to wear. I agree with the under ball of foot pads. They help some. And they seem to slip less on bare skin than on hose. Hope the shoe repair can provide a solution!

I knew the ladies of the Cruise Fashion & Beauty board would have great suggestions!

I ordered some ball of the foot cushions, heel strips and the fashion tape from the online store with prime shipping, should be here on Thursday. Thought the cushions would stop my feet from sliding and will try the heel strips first, then the tape. I can always take them to the shoe repair shop on Friday. I am excited to have a pair of dressy flats for formal nights, instead of my grandma shoes (oh wait I am a grandma!), well you know what I mean.

Again thanks for all you help.

Sue

Archived