Max's Mom on the Explorer ~ 10/13/13 ~ My Picture Diary

maxs mom

Jane -- was so glad to find another review from you and on the Explorer. We just booked for the Dec. 4 -- 9 night cruise out of Port Canaveral that will do Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Labadee. We have been to Curacao but in 1975 or 76 and have wanted to go back. Never been to Aruba or Bonaire. Best part is that we can drive and not have to fly to San Juan.

This will be before the ship goes into dry dock for the refurbishments and don't know where she will sail from or what itineraries. We are thrilled that Port C will have a 3rd ship even if temporary and want to support the port. They just announced that they are building another terminal that can accommodate big ships.

Thought of you when we took I-295 east around Jacksonville to do a 4 night on EN. The road is better marked and they also call it the "Beltway" just like in the DC area. Hope you get to try it and can eliminate driving through downtown Jacksonville.

Edited by SherriZ366

top dog....you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin, but not beer. Some people slap a luggage tag on a case of water and have it delivered to their cabin. We usually bring a few bottles of water in our carry on and also some Cokes......my husband is a diabetic and has frequent low blood sugar episodes. We have to have that with us at all times. We've always been allowed to bring that on.

Sherri.....Hey!!!.....We leave for Florida again the day after Thanksgiving. We actually have a hotel booked on 295 E in Jacksonville. Breaking up the trip down to FLL. Thanks for stopping by!

ocean waves.....Coco Reef was amazing. You need to e-mail them.....get the e-mail address off their website.....and make a reservation. You do not have to pay anything until you get there. On the day that you go.....just go into the lobby of the hotel and pay for your day pass. They will give you towels and a pass for lunch. Very simple.

Edited by max'smom

top dog....you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin' date=' but not beer. Some people slap a luggage tag on a case of water and have it delivered to their cabin. We usually bring a few bottles of water in our carry on and also some Cokes......my husband is a diabetic and has frequent low blood sugar episodes. We have to have that with us at all times. We've always been allowed to bring that on.[/size']

Sherri.....Hey!!!.....We leave for Florida again the day after Thanksgiving. We actually have a hotel booked on 295 E in Jacksonville. Breaking up the trip down to FLL. Thanks for stopping by!

ocean waves.....Coco Reef was amazing. You need to e-mail them.....get the e-mail address off their website.....and make a reservation. You do not have to pay anything until you get there. On the day that you go.....just go into the lobby of the hotel and pay for your day pass. They will give you towels and a pass for lunch. Very simple.

Great to hear that you will be into the whole 295 thing. Will be looking for another review!! Edited by SherriZ366

Jane -- did you get invited to have dinner with the guest relations manager because you are over 340 cruise credits?

Was the lunch with an officer for cruisers over 350 or for D+ and above.

We just passed 340 on our EN cruise last week so I am curious. On FR, we should be part of the group for breakfast with an officer which used to be for D and over until it got too big.

thanks

Jane -- did you get invited to have dinner with the guest relations manager because you are over 340 cruise credits?

Was the lunch with an officer for cruisers over 350 or for D+ and above.

We just passed 340 on our EN cruise last week so I am curious. On FR, we should be part of the group for breakfast with an officer which used to be for D and over until it got too big.

thanks

Slightly off topic ;)

Thanks for the tip to swing around Jacksonville using 295E, much more pleasant then going thru on 95 with the loops and ups and downs.

Sherri......no.....the dinner was something else......not exactly what. The over 340 thing is usually breakfast or lunch......sometimes dinner. On this cruise we had lunch with officers.

gnocchi mommy.....thanks for reading. I hope you will enjoy Explorer. I'm sure we'll be back on board again, too......one day!

Thank you for sharing info about Coco Reef. Question though - we'll be on Explorer (with gnocchi mommy) and will have only one day in Bermuda. DH has never been. I'm thinking maybe a shortened day there, then back to the Dockyard for shopping, glass blowing, and Frog & Onion. What do you think?

Thank you for sharing info about Coco Reef. Question though - we'll be on Explorer (with gnocchi mommy) and will have only one day in Bermuda. DH has never been. I'm thinking maybe a shortened day there, then back to the Dockyard for shopping, glass blowing, and Frog & Onion. What do you think?

Oh.....I hate those one day stops in Bermuda.....it's just not enough time!!

What are your hours there? If you get out to Coco Reef really early....you should have enough time to look around a little bit at the Wharf. Get the taxi driver to drop you off there instead of the ship. I would enjoy Coco Reef as long as possible. King's Wharf is OK but nothing mind blowing there.

Slightly off topic ;)

Thanks for the tip to swing around Jacksonville using 295E, much more pleasant then going thru on 95 with the loops and ups and downs.

Glad that took my tip to use 295 E to get around Jacksonville. They also added the name "Beltway" to the signage. Felt that the signs were a bit confusing especially during the construction phase.

Jane -- two more questions: Was the Aquarium bar still on the Explorer? Where is Bolero's? thanks

Yes .....the Aquarium Bar is still there on Deck 4. That's where we met for drinks before our dinner with the GSM. Isn't that Bolero's as well?

Yes .....the Aquarium Bar is still there on Deck 4. That's where we met for drinks before our dinner with the GSM. Isn't that Bolero's as well?

I've never been on a ship with an Aquarium Bar although I've been on Freedom, Mariner, Enchantment and I think Jewel with Boleros.

I've never been on a ship with an Aquarium Bar although I've been on Freedom, Mariner, Enchantment and I think Jewel with Boleros.

The original Aquarium Bar on Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure were left intact. Maybe they will be transformed into a Bolero's someday during a dry docking. When Navigator and Mariner were built Bolero's was put in place of the Aquarium Bar and it continued on to the Freedom class ships.

The original Aquarium Bar on Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure were left intact. Maybe they will be transformed into a Bolero's someday during a dry docking. When Navigator and Mariner were built Bolero's was put in place of the Aquarium Bar and it continued on to the Freedom class ships.

Thank you for that clarification!!

You are so full of knowledge!! (Better than something else that you could be full of!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jane!

Thank you for posting this (and your other) wonderful cruise reviews. I have been stalking them for the last few days. I was just wondering if you'd mind making a list of you're review threads on CC so I can read them all at once! I tried to search but it always comes up with different links!

Thanks again! really looking forward to your next one!

Hi Jane!

Thank you for posting this (and your other) wonderful cruise reviews. I have been stalking them for the last few days. I was just wondering if you'd mind making a list of you're review threads on CC so I can read them all at once! I tried to search but it always comes up with different links!

Thanks again! really looking forward to your next one!

Wow! Thank you so much!

Well.....sad to say.....I can't pull them up either. I used to be able to type in the word "Diary" because I use that in all my titles....and all of them would pop up.....but I can't get anything to pop up any more.....not even when I search for threads started by me!

Here is one that I have, but you have probably already seen it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1909951

I hope to start on my latest one later today. We just got back from a B2B on the Independence. It will probably be long and drawn out because of everything going on right now. But look for it and stop in and say hello!

Edited by max'smom

Wow! Thank you so much!

Well.....sad to say.....I can't pull them up either. I used to be able to type in the word "Diary" because I use that in all my titles....and all of them would pop up.....but I can't get anything to pop up any more.....not even when I search for threads started by me!

Here is one that I have' date=' but you have probably already seen it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1909951

I hope to start on my latest one later today. We just got back from a B2B on the Independence. It will probably be long and drawn out because of everything going on right now. But look for it and stop in and say hello![/size']

Long and drawn out is fine for us. The more the merrier.

Glad your hitting the Sea as much as you can. Was Nice to meet you in Aug. Enjoy all your trips!!

Hey Janet!! Nice to hear from you again.

You and your mom will enjoy the Diamond Lounge' date=' I'm sure. that will be great for both of you![/size']

I agree with you about Wendy. She is one of the best LA's. It's a shame they don't have more like her. Unfortunately she will be getting married soon and I don't look for her to stay on much after that.

Enjoy the Allure! It's really something!