Max's Mom on the Explorer ~ 10/13/13 ~ My Picture Diary

maxs mom

The last time we were in Nassau' date=' we had the nicest day out on Cable Beach at the Sheraton on a Day Pass. You can go to either the Sheraton or the Wyndham out thee. They both have day passes. No reservations necessary. The last time we were there the Sheraton Day Pass was $25 pp. That enables you the use of the property...no food or drinks or anything, but it was worth it. You can take a jitney out there.....very inexpensive. You walk through town a bit to the right and the jitney that goes out to Cable is on a side street. You just have to look for them. They are easy to find. We take the jitney out there and get a taxi back.....but it's just as easy to take a taxi out there, too. It's really not that much.[/size']

AllureoftheSeasApril2012402.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012403.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012405.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012408.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012409.jpg

And just for you OB!!!!

AllureoftheSeasApril2012406.jpg

That's the cover photo on my Facebook Page !!

Jane, the price went up to $30 but still worth it. We went there last time in Nassau as well when it was still $25. Lounge chairs, use of pools and towels are all included and it wasn't crowded at all. Very nice beach and we'll probably go back there next month. We took a bus there and back......think it was only $1.25 each for the bus.

Now.......I'm looking for a nice beach in Jamaica...........any ideas??? LOL

Patty

Jane, the price went up to $30 but still worth it. We went there last time in Nassau as well when it was still $25. Lounge chairs, use of pools and towels are all included and it wasn't crowded at all. Very nice beach and we'll probably go back there next month. We took a bus there and back......think it was only $1.25 each for the bus.

Now.......I'm looking for a nice beach in Jamaica...........any ideas??? LOL

Patty

Yes......all these places keep raising their prices!! :eek: But, you're right .....that's still a good deal and one of the more inexpensive Day Passes that I know of.

Jamaica!! Hmmmmm........we have avoided cruises that go to Jamaica for so long, but are just now starting to go there. I understand that the Day Pass to the Rose Hall Hilton is popular and folks love it. It

is pretty expensive at almost $100 pp. Also some cruise buddies like to go to Doctor's Cave Beach. I haven't been to any of these places, so I can't say for sure. But these are two places that I have heard of. Hope this helps!

Yes......all these places keep raising their prices!! :eek: But' date=' you're right .....that's still a good deal and one of the more inexpensive Day Passes that I know of.[/size']

Jamaica!! Hmmmmm........we have avoided cruises that go to Jamaica for so long, but are just now starting to go there. I understand that the Day Pass to the Rose Hall Hilton is popular and folks love it. It

is pretty expensive at almost $100 pp. Also some cruise buddies like to go to Doctor's Cave Beach. I haven't been to any of these places, so I can't say for sure. But these are two places that I have heard of. Hope this helps!

jane, yes, I heard that Rose Hall Hilton is nice but we're only in Falmouth till 4 pm and we'd have to leave the resort probably by 2:30 which is really early - dosen't sound relaxing to me because I'll constantly be worried about the time. I can't justify spending over $200 by the time we get transportation to not be able to stay there a full day. We've been to Jamaica before and the last time in Falmouth we booked a RCCL beach trip "Chukka Beach Day without lunch" I think it was $20/person and included chairs and transportation but it's not offered anymore. The beach was nice and I was planning on going back there. RCCL is now offering a beach day at Red Stripe Beach for I think $24/person.......it's only 10 minutes away from the port and it DOES NOT even include your chairs........you have to rent them!!!! I can't find anyone that has even been to this beach so don't know if it's nice or not.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Patty

Edited by beachbuddy

Love your toe pictures, one of the "trademarks" of the RCI boards.

Do you plan on doing any more =X= cruises after Indy?

Have you ever had soot problems with the black stuff landing on your aft cabins. Because of poor design and shaky pre-construction testing, the new Royal Princess has a significant soot problem on the afts.

Have you considered the Nov 2014 repo of the Explorer from Bayonne to Port Canaveral?

jane, yes, I heard that Rose Hall Hilton is nice but we're only in Falmouth till 4 pm and we'd have to leave the resort probably by 2:30 which is really early - dosen't sound relaxing to me because I'll constantly be worried about the time. I can't justify spending over $200 by the time we get transportation to not be able to stay there a full day. We've been to Jamaica before and the last time in Falmouth we booked a RCCL beach trip "Chukka Beach Day without lunch" I think it was $20/person and included chairs and transportation but it's not offered anymore. The beach was nice and I was planning on going back there. RCCL is now offering a beach day at Red Stripe Beach for I think $24/person.......it's only 10 minutes away from the port and it DOES NOT even include your chairs........you have to rent them!!!! I can't find anyone that has even been to this beach so don't know if it's nice or not.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Patty

Patty.....I don't blame you for not going to Rose Hall. I couldn't do it and we were there the full day! We just get off and hit Margaritaville. They are supposed to have a pool there soon.

Let us know what you end up doing!!

Love your toe pictures, one of the "trademarks" of the RCI boards.

Do you plan on doing any more =X= cruises after Indy?

Have you ever had soot problems with the black stuff landing on your aft cabins. Because of poor design and shaky pre-construction testing, the new Royal Princess has a significant soot problem on the afts.

Have you considered the Nov 2014 repo of the Explorer from Bayonne to Port Canaveral?

Dave.....Would love to do more Celebrity cruises. We just have to find a good price on one......preferably in Aqua Class.....got spoiled on that one.

I think that repo would be a good one, but it doesn't go anywhere does it? Isn't it pretty much sold out by now?

Hello Jane.

A face from the past, Christmas on Explorer, I think I murdered a song on stage :)

Great review, we are jumping ship and having a Seabourn cruise this Christmas and New Year but will be back on RCI in the summer for what is turning out to be another of our regular big family cruises in the Mediterranean. We have enjoyed them with my side and also Sharon's side. We end up having to do both. Hey - when you've got to take a hit for the troops do it with good grace and a smile ;)

You should come over to Europe, if you sail out of Southampton I'll take you out on our boat for the day in the Solent.

Henry

Dave.....Would love to do more Celebrity cruises. We just have to find a good price on one......preferably in Aqua Class.....got spoiled on that one.

I think that repo would be a good one' date=' but it doesn't go anywhere does it? Isn't it pretty much sold out by now?[/size']

The repo hits

Aruba

Bonaire

Curacao

St Lucia

Barbados

St. Martin

Antigua

and a whole lotta sea days.

Thanks, for once , to the PVSA. Because it starts from an American Port and ends in a different American port it has to dock at at least one "distant foreign port" which in this hemisphere is South America or it's islands. Caribbean, Mexico and Canada are not distant foreign ports by definition.

We booked an E-2 center hump when they had a temporary price reduction in Sept around Labor Day.

Still cabins available for this 11/1/2014 sailing.

Hello Jane.

A face from the past, Christmas on Explorer, I think I murdered a song on stage :)

Great review, we are jumping ship and having a Seabourn cruise this Christmas and New Year but will be back on RCI in the summer for what is turning out to be another of our regular big family cruises in the Mediterranean. We have enjoyed them with my side and also Sharon's side. We end up having to do both. Hey - when you've got to take a hit for the troops do it with good grace and a smile ;)

You should come over to Europe, if you sail out of Southampton I'll take you out on our boat for the day in the Solent.

Henry

Henry!!! Great to hear from you!!! Hey......you better watch out.........I just might take you up on that offer!!! Hoping to do a TA in the near future and we just might end up in Southampton. Did the med last summer and had a blast!! Thanks for keeping in touch!!

The repo hits

Aruba

Bonaire

Curacao

St Lucia

Barbados

St. Martin

Antigua

and a whole lotta sea days.

Thanks, for once , to the PVSA. Because it starts from an American Port and ends in a different American port it has to dock at at least one "distant foreign port" which in this hemisphere is South America or it's islands. Caribbean, Mexico and Canada are not distant foreign ports by definition.

We booked an E-2 center hump when they had a temporary price reduction in Sept around Labor Day.

Still cabins available for this 11/1/2014 sailing.

Oh.....that is quite the itinerary! We'll have to keep an eye on that one. It would require flying to Newark and then flying home from Orlando. That could be pricey.

Oh.....that is quite the itinerary! We'll have to keep an eye on that one. It would require flying to Newark and then flying home from Orlando. That could be pricey.

My plan for trip.

Cab to West Palm Int'l. Fly to EWR on JetBlue.

Shuttle to ship from airport

After cruise

Cab to car rental from PC.

Off airport so rental car cheaper.

Drive down to Boynton Beach 2.5 hours on 95.

No parking fees at airport or Bayonne.

hi nice pics if you don't mind me asking what part of north Carolina are you from? we are near Fayetteville and getting ready to go on liberty for thanksgiving cant wait

We live in Burlington! Have a great time on the Liberty.....they'll probably start decorating for Christmas while you are on board.

LOL!! We DO spend a lot of time in there!! We're too cheap to go anywhere else!! And we're too old to stay up late and go to some of the fun places. Once in while we do' date=' though!! Now if you want a good beach to go....I'll hook you up!![/size']

Exactly!:D I was hoping you'd get a chuckle out of that! Its a lovely place for you to meet other cruisers, but I don't think our teens ever once showed interest in going into the DL with us even once;) They seem to like that sports deck and karaoke the best! Good for us and good for them;)

Went back to the cabin for a little nap before dinner.

It was formal night and we decided to go with just a short dress and a shirt and tie tonight.

DSC01381_zpsbc431a7d.jpg

The CL was' date=' once again, pretty dead. I got bored and took this picture![/size']

DSC01384_zps506d93e0.jpg

Julian had some time to spend with us:

DSC01385_zps439f3c13.jpg

And Pat came in and joined us as well:

DSC01386_zps425b19c9.jpg

Denzil was in a good mood:

DSC01387_zps818f8caa.jpg

As well as the greeter in MTD!

DSC01388_zpsf4a46d77.jpg

I must say your reviews are very enjoyable and well-written. I'm really surprised how empty the CL is on your cruise. Every cruise I've ever been on it has been wall to wall people.

It'd be nice to have a seat and just chill out there.

My wife and I keep saying we should just skip dinner and stay in the lounge all night. We'll be D+ after this next cruise so we can get in without having to book GS's. I love the chicken wings!

Exactly!:D I was hoping you'd get a chuckle out of that! Its a lovely place for you to meet other cruisers, but I don't think our teens ever once showed interest in going into the DL with us even once;) They seem to like that sports deck and karaoke the best! Good for us and good for them;)

Well.....we have met some wonderful friends in the CL as well as some interesting characters! It's obviously our favorite place on the ship. We've made some life long friends there and that has truly been a great thing!

I must say your reviews are very enjoyable and well-written. I'm really surprised how empty the CL is on your cruise. Every cruise I've ever been on it has been wall to wall people.

It'd be nice to have a seat and just chill out there.

My wife and I keep saying we should just skip dinner and stay in the lounge all night. We'll be D+ after this next cruise so we can get in without having to book GS's. I love the chicken wings!

Thanks so much!

In the CL....we've had some crowded cruises.....but for the most part....we've never had a problem. Maybe it's because we go late, we don't go to the shows or Welcome back parties or Captain's parties. It tends to clear out at those times. I think the busiest times are early. Most people like to eat early and we eat late. On this particular cruise, having the Suite Guests in another location made a huge difference. Congratulations on your upcoming D+ status. And thanks for reading!

We live in Burlington! Have a great time on the Liberty.....they'll probably start decorating for Christmas while you are on board.

thanks I was kinda wondering about when they would start decorating for Christmas. next year we will be on liberty again for new years eve. last year was our first time on a cruise for new years and it was great but I wouldn't go back it was carnival and the whole time the food was cold.

I love rccl next month it will be my 6 time cruising with rccl my fiancée keeps tellin me but carnival is cheaper I say u get what u pay for and the extra money with rccl is worth it

we don't live too far from one another hope we will be on the same ship one day

thanks I was kinda wondering about when they would start decorating for Christmas. next year we will be on liberty again for new years eve. last year was our first time on a cruise for new years and it was great but I wouldn't go back it was carnival and the whole time the food was cold.

I love rccl next month it will be my 6 time cruising with rccl my fiancée keeps tellin me but carnival is cheaper I say u get what u pay for and the extra money with rccl is worth it

we don't live too far from one another hope we will be on the same ship one day

Glad you like Royal Caribbean! And you're right......you get what you pay for!! Maybe we'll see you on a ship one day!