Max's Mom on the Explorer ~ 10/13/13 ~ My Picture Diary

maxs mom

Sonny, I will be on the 12/2/13 cruise as well with my cousin, I am semi retired (early) so I have been able to take advantage of some special cruises with my daughters and granddaughter. This will be my 11 cruise on the Exployer of the Seas. We originally had b2b booked, but cancelled the second cruise because no Diamonds in December offer. We had to book a cheaper cruise in Feb in order to make D+ for our Quantium cruise in 2015. Love the special breakfast area on Exployer, missed that on the Freedom of the Seas, but they did have one breakfast with the Captain the last morning at sea. Love cruising out of NJ, no flying.

I'm sure you are right Donna. Whether we make it or not depends on if my wife is business travelling that week. I sure hope we can, it seems RCI is trying a lot of new things on QOS...

By the way I love your swinging kitty!!

Thank you, I've had this kitty for awhile now. I do find many people who like it. Enjoy the rest of your evening.:)

Jane, again, thank you for sharing your cruise experience with us all.:) You did a wonderful job with your pictures as well. It is appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy your retirement in good health. We wish you smooth sailings and hope to meet on ship some day.

I hope everyone has a great evening.;)

Jane,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful and detailed review. I especially enjoyed all of the pictures. I will be cruising on the Explorer in May of 2014 and after reading this review I am so excited for my upcoming cruise which is still more than six months away.. Hope you enjoy your future cruises..

Regards,

Kelvin

Thank you, I've had this kitty for awhile now. I do find many people who like it. Enjoy the rest of your evening.:)

Jane, again, thank you for sharing your cruise experience with us all.:) You did a wonderful job with your pictures as well. It is appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy your retirement in good health. We wish you smooth sailings and hope to meet on ship some day.

I hope everyone has a great evening.;)

I will take those good wishes!! Thank you!!!! Hope to meet you, too!

Jane,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful and detailed review. I especially enjoyed all of the pictures. I will be cruising on the Explorer in May of 2014 and after reading this review I am so excited for my upcoming cruise which is still more than six months away.. Hope you enjoy your future cruises..

Regards,

Kelvin

Kelvin......thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the Explorer as much as we do!!

Yes.....what's so nice about it is that it is a D3. Good price for that balcony!! But this cabin sells first!

Thats so true, I booked mine when they opened...you are lucky now, you can wait till you see the deals!:D The only good aft I got last minute was when there was a big price drop and people who had the D2's moved up to JS and I was able to upgrade to the aft cabins on Jewel.

I saw you posted the picture on the "show us your aft" thread ...thanks!! It's great to have one thread with so many great pictures of the aft cabins.

Looking forward to your B2B review!

Loved your review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. We sailed on the Explorer on 10/6, and it was nice to see the pix of some familiar faces :)

If I'm not mistaken, you did a review of the Allure before we sailed her and I really enjoyed that too!!

Thats so true, I booked mine when they opened...you are lucky now, you can wait till you see the deals!:D The only good aft I got last minute was when there was a big price drop and people who had the D2's moved up to JS and I was able to upgrade to the aft cabins on Jewel.

I saw you posted the picture on the "show us your aft" thread ...thanks!! It's great to have one thread with so many great pictures of the aft cabins.

Looking forward to your B2B review!

LOL!! Those B2B reviews are killers!! But I enjoy putting it all together! Would love to score one of those great aft cabins one of these days, now that we know that we can handle the walk back there!

I'm excited to meet you in December. Around my circle of friends, I'm considered the cruise expert, but i feel like i'm just a novice compared to you. This is an awesome review.

Thanks

'

Ha Ha!! Thanks! I guess after 28 years of cruising, it just comes natural. Will look forward to meeting you in December!!

Loved your review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. We sailed on the Explorer on 10/6, and it was nice to see the pix of some familiar faces :)

If I'm not mistaken, you did a review of the Allure before we sailed her and I really enjoyed that too!!

Yes....we cruised on the Allure once. Loved it! Hope to go back one of these days. I try to do this for every cruise we go on.....so keep an eye out!!

LOL!! Those B2B reviews are killers!! But I enjoy putting it all together! Would love to score one of those great aft cabins one of these days' date=' now that we know that we can handle the walk back there![/size']

I realize how much work it is, which is why I appreciate yours!!

I have to tell you a funny story though! My teen daughter, CruisEm, read your Jewel review before we went on Jewel the first time. Then we read your Allure review. Afterwards, I mentioned that I was reading some of your other reviews and she says " oh, that's the lady that reviews the Concierge Lounge!" I guess you and she don't share the same interests about what is fun to do on board ;):D (probably a good thing!) But she did love her Jewel cruise and was very happy to see your photos of Jewel before she sailed! :D

Edited by Familygoboston

I realize how much work it is, which is why I appreciate yours!!

I have to tell you a funny story though! My teen daughter, CruisEm, read your Jewel review before we went on Jewel the first time. Then we read your Allure review. Afterwards, I mentioned that I was reading some of your other reviews and she says " oh, that's the lady that reviews the Concierge Lounge!" I guess you and she don't share the same interests about what is fun to do on board ;):D (probably a good thing!) But she did love her Jewel cruise and was very happy to see your photos of Jewel before she sailed! :D

LOL!! We DO spend a lot of time in there!! We're too cheap to go anywhere else!! And we're too old to stay up late and go to some of the fun places. Once in while we do, though!! Now if you want a good beach to go....I'll hook you up!!

LOL!! We DO spend a lot of time in there!! We're too cheap to go anywhere else!! And we're too old to stay up late and go to some of the fun places. Once in while we do' date=' though!! Now if you want a good beach to go....I'll hook you up!![/size']

Jane, I love your attitude. We all do what we each enjoy, that's what cruising is about. You are just doing a wonderful review from your point of view. Keep up the great reviews. Alllure is a wonderful ship, which we have sailed on twice and enjoyed it both times. Enjoy the rest of your evening.;)

Edited by DeBlasio1

LOL!! We DO spend a lot of time in there!! We're too cheap to go anywhere else!! And we're too old to stay up late and go to some of the fun places. Once in while we do' date=' though!! Now if you want a good beach to go....I'll hook you up!![/size']

Hi Jane, can you recommend any good beaches or day passes passes in St Maarten or Costa Costa Maya. I'm heading there on my next two cruises.

Hi Jane, can you recommend any good beaches or day passes passes in St Maarten or Costa Costa Maya. I'm heading there on my next two cruises.

YES!!! On St. Maarten......take a taxi out to Orient Beach and have the taxi driver take you to Palm Beach. It's all the way at the far end of Orient and way less crowded than the other areas. The Chairs and umbrellas there are free.....all you have to do is eat lunch in their restaurant.....which is fabulous. Will be going there in December.

DSC00778_zpsbbe62285.jpg

DSC00750_zps44893459.jpg

DSC00752_zps6b3068f7.jpg

In Costa Maya.....go to Nohoch Kay. You make reservations for there on Island Marketing. It is an all inclusive place and the last time we were there, it was $40pp. That includes your chairs and umbrella, all you can drink, and the most wonderful food. The owner, Jaimie, is a chef and the food is soooo good. He will make anything you want. They only allow just so many in per day, so it's not crowded and it's very unspoiled and just a neat place. you take a taxi there for like $3.00......very reasonable.

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011308.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011311.jpg

JewelOfTheSeasDecember2011316.jpg

Hope this helps.

Jane, I love your attitude. We all do what we each enjoy, that's what cruising is about. You are just doing a wonderful review from your point of view. Keep up the great reviews. Alllure is a wonderful ship, which we have sailed on twice and enjoyed it both times. Enjoy the rest of your evening.;)

Thanks!.....Yes.....we have our same little routines and traditions. We've cruised for so long.....we just enjoy relaxing as much as possible.

Please, oh pleaase, where to go beach-wise in Nassau! I've been there a few times, but never knew which beach to try…..and have always been disappointed with Nassau. We are heading there in March on a honeymoon…..and love to snorkel…..so……you're the expert……what beach would you recommend???

Thanks!.....Yes.....we have our same little routines and traditions. We've cruised for so long.....we just enjoy relaxing as much as possible.

You're welcome Jane. :) We have cruised quite a bit as well and let's hope we can all cruise for many, many more years to come.;)

It does seem to be off by itself. It is definitely private! The only drawback is that it is tiny.

When we were leaving that last day....our neighbors in cabin 7688.....a corner aft D3....let us look at their cabin and balcony. I quickly took a picture of that fabulous balcony. This cabin is hard to get!!

DSC01475_zpsb2a8c928.jpg

We have the sister cabin - 7388 for our cruise in Dec. It is an E1 that's why it is smaller than a D cabin in size, but the balcony makes up for it! Again, thanks for your great pictures & posts, I really enjoyed them!

Please, oh pleaase, where to go beach-wise in Nassau! I've been there a few times, but never knew which beach to try…..and have always been disappointed with Nassau. We are heading there in March on a honeymoon…..and love to snorkel…..so……you're the expert……what beach would you recommend???

The last time we were in Nassau, we had the nicest day out on Cable Beach at the Sheraton on a Day Pass. You can go to either the Sheraton or the Wyndham out thee. They both have day passes. No reservations necessary. The last time we were there the Sheraton Day Pass was $25 pp. That enables you the use of the property...no food or drinks or anything, but it was worth it. You can take a jitney out there.....very inexpensive. You walk through town a bit to the right and the jitney that goes out to Cable is on a side street. You just have to look for them. They are easy to find. We take the jitney out there and get a taxi back.....but it's just as easy to take a taxi out there, too. It's really not that much.

AllureoftheSeasApril2012402.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012403.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012405.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012408.jpg

AllureoftheSeasApril2012409.jpg

And just for you OB!!!!

AllureoftheSeasApril2012406.jpg

That's the cover photo on my Facebook Page !!

We have the sister cabin - 7388 for our cruise in Dec. It is an E1 that's why it is smaller than a D cabin in size, but the balcony makes up for it! Again, thanks for your great pictures & posts, I really enjoyed them!

Enjoy 7388!! That's a great spot! Thanks for reading!