Is food included on Little Stirrup Cay?

jlk806

I'm pretty sure Carnival doesn't go to Little Stirrup Cay, it's NCL's private island. Are you sure you're not going to Half Moon Cay? What ship/itinerary/sail date are you doing?

I'm pretty sure Carnival doesn't go to Little Stirrup Cay, it's NCL's private island. Are you sure you're not going to Half Moon Cay? What ship/itinerary/sail date are you doing?

Yes Carnival does have a couple ships that go to Coco Cay in place of Key West.

There is a food area on Coco Cay just like on Half Moon Cay.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

No Im positive the February 3 Victory Eastern is visiting Grand Turk and Little Stirrup Cay.

Just checked Carnival's website. You're right, that sailing does go to LSC. :o Huh, that's the 1st time I've ever heard of Carnival going there, they must have a deal of some kind with NCL (since NCL isn't one of the lines they own). I'm sorry!!!!

To answer your question, I would assume food is included. It as been on both private islands I've been to (Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay), don't see why this one would be any different. Enjoy, private islands are wonderful!!!! :D

Coco Cay aka Little Stirrup Cay is Royal Caribbean's private island. Carnival has a deal with RCL to use the island.

Below is a picture of their over flow food area. The island has two food spots. This one most likely wouldn't be used.

null_zps496269bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

FYI From Wikipedia

Little Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, is one of the Berry Islands, a collection of cays and small islands and is located approximately 55 miles north of Nassau.[1] The island is less than a mile (around one kilometer) wide from east to west and less than 200 yards (183 meters) from north to south. The east end is the center of recreational activities with beaches fronting a coral basin where manatee, rays, and numerous fish can be seen. There is a rocky inlet on the north side of the island large enough for the tenders to operate from. Nature trails run the entire length and width of the island.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises, assumed the lease of the island upon acquisition of Admiral Cruises[2] and renamed it Coco Cay, one of the first cruise lines to lease islands for their exclusive use.[3] Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise ships frequently anchor off the island and bring passengers ashore by tenders. Activities available to guests include swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, parasailing, scuba diving, and Waverunner piloting. Royal Caribbean extends its children's programs onto the island including a Fisher-Price sponsored Power Wheels track for young children.

Little Stirrup Cay is adjacent to Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian Cruise Line's private island

I was told it's RCI's private island (NCL being Great Stirrup Cay-of course, those could be reversed), and Carnival does now go there. It's on my itinerary as well for my cruise leaving in 2 days. It was something about Princess/Holland America having a bigger presence in the Bahamas in the winter, and HMC not having the capacity to serve all those pax.

From what I understand, OP, it is a similar set up to HMC, with a buffet lunch on the island.

Im guessing it is a similar to Half Moon Cay setup, can anyone confirm whose visited Little Stirrup on a Carnival Cruise?

We stopped at Little Stirrup Cay (aka Coco Cay) a few weeks ago during our cruise on the Carnival Fascination. Food is definitely included and there is plenty of it. I've heard that the burgers aren't very good, but I didn't have one so I can't say for sure. I had the jerk chicken and found that it was very tasty, better than I expected.

We found that most of the people stopped at the first beach spot that they could find. We went further down to where the last bar is located (just past the water slide), found several empty hammocks and the beach area there wasn't crowded at all.

I was just there two weeks ago. Lunch is served on the island, and the S&S card is used for purchases. Bottomless Bubbles is accepted, but not the... uh...(senior moment, I can't think of the alcohol package name ;) ).

ADDED: Duh-ohh! Cheers Program...

I was just there two weeks ago. Lunch is served on the island, and the S&S card is used for purchases. Bottomless Bubbles is accepted, but not the... uh...(senior moment, I can't think of the alcohol package name ;) ).

ADDED: Duh-ohh! Cheers Program...

Glad this was added- Why the heck not:confused: We were going to purchase this package and still may but this seems strange.

No Im positive the February 3 Victory Eastern is visiting Grand Turk and Little Stirrup Cay.

We stopped at Little Stirrup Cay (aka Coco Cay) a few weeks ago during our cruise on the Carnival Fascination. Food is definitely included and there is plenty of it. I've heard that the burgers aren't very good, but I didn't have one so I can't say for sure. I had the jerk chicken and found that it was very tasty, better than I expected.

We found that most of the people stopped at the first beach spot that they could find. We went further down to where the last bar is located (just past the water slide), found several empty hammocks and the beach area there wasn't crowded at all.

Mom & I are on the same Feb. 3rd cruise, so good to know. We look forward to it!

Lame... another thumbs down for Carnival:mad:

thanks for the heads up

That's what attracted me to want and get Royal Caribbeans drink package on my next upcoming cruise. It can be used on their exclusive places such as Coco Cay & Labdee. Maybe one day in places where only Carnival can charge for drinks they will do the same.

That's what attracted me to want and get Royal Caribbeans drink package on my next upcoming cruise. It can be used on their exclusive places such as Coco Cay & Labdee. Maybe one day in places where only Carnival can charge for drinks they will do the same.

Thanks Ill remember that. We are waiting for June '14 sailing to open for Bermuda through Royal.

Archived