Just off Enchantment this morning - may have left ring in room safe

Cheryl H

I realize it may be gone forever, but I did contact lost and found. They say they can't contact the ship but if someone turns it in they will contact me. Anyone ever have anything returned using RCCL's lost and found?

Just wondering.

And for the record I'm usually meticulous about details. Guess I have too much on my mind or I'm starting to lose my mind. We are at the airport and our glorious cruise is over. Not the end of the world but how disappointing

Hi,

I personally haven't had anything lost then returned on a cruise, BUT I remember a story about someone on here getting a wedding band (or something very sentimental - money clip?) back because of people on cruise critic.

I would go to the roll call for the current Enchantment and tell them what room & what it was, just in case someone finds it.

Good luck!

My sister left her jewelry on NOS last December. She called the RCCL 800 number. She was connected to Lost and Found. She needed our booking number and a description of what was left. It took about three weeks before she got a call back that her jewelry had been turned in. They needed a credit card number to ship it to her. Happy ending and she no longer takes her diamond earrings, diamond necklace, or pearls on a cruise.

Thanks for the ideas. I did end up emailing the concierge onboard. Maybe she will check for me. The ring wasn't even supposed to be with us. I had it on while packing and in the midst of stuffing and rifling thru it, the ring came off and rode on vacation with us. I found it and stuck it in our safe instead of putting it in the sleeve with my costume jewelry. Duh. When we emptied the safe I don't recall seeing it but it could have shifted into a corner out of eyesight. We are insured with travel insurance just not sure if I can rebuy that particular ring and what a hastle. Maybe some really nice person will turn it in.

Don't know if this is the case but when you empty those safes there's a lip in the front where door sits when closed. I always mk sure I run my finger under it .I know this is to late for OP but just needed to mention ,We where exiting ship wife realized,one of her rings missing.We went back to room and it was under that lip.

I realize it may be gone forever, but I did contact lost and found. They say they can't contact the ship but if someone turns it in they will contact me. Anyone ever have anything returned using RCCL's lost and found?

Just wondering.

And for the record I'm usually meticulous about details. Guess I have too much on my mind or I'm starting to lose my mind. We are at the airport and our glorious cruise is over. Not the end of the world but how disappointing

Maybe go to cruise director Bing Bong Marc Walkers page that's on another site. He may be able to help, since he's on the ship. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Long shot but what about using rccl contact the ship and leave a message in your old state room number and leave contact info depends on how much it is worth to u. Might cost a pretty penny to call but worth a shot if priceless to u

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

A:*Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard®*or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

What stateroom were you in? I will be happy to ask my friends to go to guest services for you or just knock on the door and ask. I don't know if they will get the message though because I'm not sure if they will check their phones while in Nassau but worth a shot if you want.

What stateroom were you in? I will be happy to ask my friends to go to guest services for you or just knock on the door and ask. I don't know if they will get the message though because I'm not sure if they will check their phones while in Nassau but worth a shot if you want.

Wow, that's really sweet of you, but I'd hate to send your friends on a wild goose chase. I may try to call that number and leave a message for our cabin number. We were in cabin 8670. But I may need to call in the morning. It's already 11:10 pm. I'd hate to wake anyone on their first night. I bet they are exhausted.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. It hadn't occurred to me to call the cabin. I'll try that in the morning.

Wow, that's really sweet of you, but I'd hate to send your friends on a wild goose chase. I may try to call that number and leave a message for our cabin number. We were in cabin 8670. But I may need to call in the morning. It's already 11:10 pm. I'd hate to wake anyone on their first night. I bet they are exhausted.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. It hadn't occurred to me to call the cabin. I'll try that in the morning.

Good luck. I left my jean coat on Freedom last month and I will never get it back:(. I wish you the best of luck:)

Good luck. I left my jean coat on Freedom last month and I will never get it back:(. I wish you the best of luck:)

We were informed that clothing is never returned, it is donated or destroyed.

We accidentally came home with an XXL maroon T-shirt from our laundry order return. We didn't look at the size, and DH thought it was mine, and vice versa.

After returning home, when we realized that it didn't belong to either one of us...I called Royal Caribbean Lost & Found and was informed that we could do with it as we wish. (I use it as a sleep shirt, sorry :o)

Best of luck getting your ring back, that is a different sort of situation all together.

Thanks folks!! My husband didn't want me to call and bother the guests now in our room. But I loved the idea of emailing the hotel director. I just did that. It's worth a try.

If not found, I'll submit a claim to insurance.

Thats better news hope it works out

Oh my word!! The hotel director wrote back within minutes! He is investigating. Thanks everyone! At least I'll know if it was found or not and can know whether to proceed with the claim or not.

He was very thorough. He checked with our room steward and even spoke to the folks in our cabin and got permission to look in the safe. That was very nice of the family to allow. They confirmed that indeed the ring is gone. At least now I know and can start the insurance claim.

Thanks everyone for the help. And thanks to the hotel director for such quick action.

We were on the Enchantment sailing 9/16 and found a man's wedding ring in the safe, cabin 8032. It was engraved. We turned it in to guest relations so hopefully the owner was reunited with the ring.. Probably was on the cruise before, 9/13.

Archived