excursion help

gag0630

Last year you all gave me great advice on excursions for the islands I went to. Each one was great. I am hoping you can help again with some ideas and guide tours

I am going to St.Croix, St.Maarten, St.Johns Antigua, Castrie St. Lucia, and Bridgetown Barbados. Thanks

In St. Maartin we always take the local bus which goes to many beaches and is used by many locals. They have actual bus stops with covered benches where you can wait for the bus. Last time it was $1.25, paid when you get off. They do go to Marginot, the French capitol but do not go to the nude beach, Orient Beach.

Next time there we are going to Maho Beach where the planes literally land right over you as the runway is right by the beach. Have seen film of people holding on the fence so they won't get blown over!

In Barbadoes we have snorkeled with the turtles. The dive master feeds them and they swim around you. We also snorkel at two ship wrecks 75' apart. This is NOT a ship's tour although the ship has the same tour. We cruise with a private tour and they never have more ten maybe a dozen people and triple engines to get there fast. The ship's tour will have 30-40 people. Let me know if you'd like more info on this & I'll answer you-but we are cruising Monday, Oct.28th so can't answer until we get back.

Antiqua has 365 beaches and don't remember what we did in St. Lucia.

We have enjoyed a tour around Barbados on one visit and a day at Carlisle Bay on our second visit.

We are beach people, but wanted to see the island and did see quite a bit of it in 2005. Then, in 2011 we went to Harbour Lights on Carlisle Bay where we found the swimming to be good and the beach a great place for spending the day.

In St. Maarten, we went to Orient Beach, which is nice- but it was quite crowded the day we were there. Next time we plan to tour the island and visit Marigot on the French side.

In St. Lucia we feel it is important to take a ship's tour or a good private tour as the roads are narrow and winding. We did take a ship's tour. We would study the St. Lucia forum here before booking another tour.

Archived