Rabat or Marrakech??

jfrmd

Hi! We will be in Casablanca December 21 and I would like to go to either Rabat or Marrakech instead of staying in Casablanca. This is our first time in Morocco, I would really appreciate any suggestions from people who have been to either/both places before.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We sailed on a Seabourn ship in late October and stopped in Casablanca. We opted to take the tour to Marrakech. Yes, it is a long ride, but we thought it was well worth it. Seeing the countryside along the way was interesting because we had no idea that there was so much agriculture there. Marrakech itself was a truly fascinating place. I don't think we have ever experienced the sensory overload that we did in the Jemaa el fna in the medina or old part of the city. There were so many things to see, smell and listen to both there and in the souks around it. We had no regrets about taking such a long excursion (12 hours).

We also did the trip to Marrakech and found it to be amazing. Most people either loved it or hated it. It was a cultural shock, but photo opportunities were endless. Make sure you do the ship tour and book early. When we went, the tour booked out, there were 5 buses, we were 2 1/2 hours late returning ........the ship waited for us. It was one of the most amazing places I have ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky enought to have a two day shore excursion to Marrakech back in January of 2011. It was an amazing tour. Even on a one day excursion I don't think you will be disappointed.

Click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27666121&postcount=191 for information on viewing our video of this excursion.

Enjoy,

Ron