Soda/soft drinks

Nervouslyexcited

This is our first cruise and have been reading through the threads.

Have a couple of questions re soda/soft drinks.

With the Canned Soda Package are you able to drink the cans anywhere or just your cabin?

With regard the Unlimited Soda Package ($5.18 per person/per day) served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations what is the price of individual soda if bought from these locations - does it work out cheaper for package than say 5 bought glasses. I understand also that we both have to purchase package.

This is our first cruise and have been reading through the threads.

Have a couple of questions re soda/soft drinks.

With the Canned Soda Package are you able to drink the cans anywhere or just your cabin?

With regard the Unlimited Soda Package ($5.18 per person/per day) served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations what is the price of individual soda if bought from these locations - does it work out cheaper for package than say 5 bought glasses. I understand also that we both have to purchase package.

You can drink the cans of soda anywhere. You can also bring on soft drinks and water, although the water on board is as good as bottled water.

If you buy a soft drink at a bar the cost with gratuity is $2.24 and you get a 12 oz. can and a glass of ice. With the soda package you get soda in a glass from the bar gun. If you drink more than three sodas a day the soda package is cheaper. The package is per person so if you both drink soda you would each need to buy a package.

I understand also that we both have to purchase package.
If both of you plan on drinking soda with the soda package (a sticker that goes on the cruise card of the person for whom the soda is purchased), you'll each need to purchase your own soda package. The unlimited soda sticker (package) is not shareable.

Have you read about the "Unlimited Soda and More Package" yet? I think this is the best deal on the ship!

Unlimited Soda & More Package Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

I did have a quick look at the Unlimited Soda and More Package and after the comment I had another look. We aren't big wine/alcohol drinkers and with that package we could have mocktails or soft drink with lunch and dinner and during the day hot chocolate/juices/shakes and it wouldn't take many to come out ahead each day, especially if $2.24 is the cheapest drink available. Thanks.

I did have a quick look at the Unlimited Soda and More Package and after the comment I had another look. We aren't big wine/alcohol drinkers and with that package we could have mocktails or soft drink with lunch and dinner and during the day hot chocolate/juices/shakes and it wouldn't take many to come out ahead each day, especially if $2.24 is the cheapest drink available. Thanks.
Shakes are $2.88 with gratuity and mocktails are $4.60 with gratuity. If you drink those and soft drinks it is a good deal.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

As previously mentioned, the package is a good deal for anyone who drinks 3 or more per day. My BF is a soda drinker (no beer or alcohol), so he always buys the package, and it's always worth it. Though you are allowed to carry on a 12pk, he'd rather not bother... he prefers being able to get a nice, cold glass of soda whenever he wants one. Since I only drink about 1 soda per day, I carry on a 12pk and keep them in the cabin frig. At lunch and dinner, I'm happy with iced tea or whatever else is available (free). This system works for us. It all just depends on how much each person consumes and the level of convenience you desire.

You picked a great line for your first cruise, hope you have a marvelous time!!

Shakes are $2.88 with gratuity and mocktails are $4.60 with gratuity. If you drink those and soft drinks it is a good deal.

The mocktails are really good and I usually have one or two a day. I was just about to say, I bet IECalCruiser can tell you about the shakes :)

Archived