2015 Princess World Cruise

Gaznjo

It looks interesting. Being Australian that likes the summer and warm tropical areas I wish they would spend more time in the Caribbean.

I want to get opinions from other elderly and less mobile cruise passengers. I know a lot of people who have worked hard all their life and love to cruise. They do not want to fly all the way to London and have been asking for a world cruise Sydney to Sydney for years. However now that Princess are finally doing them one day is simply not enough to see Paris and London. Does anyone think these cruises could be designed better to allow passengers to disembark the ship and explore these places and return. One option that keeps coming up is to get to Southampton, disembark all passengers, do a regular 5 to 7 night cruise with world cruise passengers getting first option, then reboard all the world cruise passengers to return.

In my honest opinion if you were going all the way to London you would want at least 3 nights in the city and the same for Paris.

In my honest opinion if you were going all the way to London you would want at least 3 nights in the city and the same for Paris.

I get what you are saying but just about any port on its journey may have that appeal for someone who may take this sailing.:D

I get that. Rome and Florence could easily be added to that list. My point being the ports for London and Paris you might just not do them at all as the travel distance to and from the city is far too great.

I have a love for places like London. It has so much to see and do. You have the Tower of London you can actually enter and explore, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Thames River Cruise, The west end. In all my visits to London I have found time to see award winning musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and Evita. The musical list is endless. They also have the gore tours like London Dungeon and the wax works like Madame Tusauds.

Paris would be much the same with places that would need a few days of exploring.

Taking a long bus trip from the port and a short orientation bus window tour is simply not enough for some people.

As much as I love cruising there are some places that need several days. I have several relatives and friends that are well past flying and would love for a leisurely cruise that could spend a few days in port opposed to one day.

Looking at it closer they offer Brisbane as a disembarkation port .... So maybe the next port after sydney is brissy..... We had a few who booked the 2 days syd - bris whilst on the ship so they wouldn't have to fly home.......

But alas we will not be doing the 2015 world cruise.....

Yes these cruises are just a snapshot of each of the places we visit.... And although there are some you need more than one day there are others that unless you are on a world cruise you would never get to see.... On a land trip we would never had gone to places like Petra, Ephesus, Jerusalem, Oman nor done a houseboat cruise down the Kerala backwaters in India, not to mention getting close up and person with the crocodiles in puntarenas....... Panama and Suez Canal ..... My goodness the adventure is endless.....

received this email if you book early

PRINCESS CRUISES – 2015 WINTER PROGRAMME NOW RELEASED – BOOKINGS AVAILABLE FROM 6th November! – UP TO $3000 ON BOARD CREDITS PER PERSON! – PLUS SAVE UP TO $1000 PER PERSON!

I get that. Rome and Florence could easily be added to that list. My point being the ports for London and Paris you might just not do them at all as the travel distance to and from the city is far too great.

I have a love for places like London. It has so much to see and do. You have the Tower of London you can actually enter and explore, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Thames River Cruise, The west end. In all my visits to London I have found time to see award winning musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and Evita. The musical list is endless. They also have the gore tours like London Dungeon and the wax works like Madame Tusauds.

Paris would be much the same with places that would need a few days of exploring.

Taking a long bus trip from the port and a short orientation bus window tour is simply not enough for some people.

As much as I love cruising there are some places that need several days. I have several relatives and friends that are well past flying and would love for a leisurely cruise that could spend a few days in port opposed to one day.

Definately agree that cruising can limit your time in places. This is one reason why we generally do a land tour and then do a cruise. It gives us the best of both travel options.:D

Looking at it closer they offer Brisbane as a disembarkation port .... So maybe the next port after sydney is brissy..... We had a few who booked the 2 days syd - bris whilst on the ship so they wouldn't have to fly home.......

But alas we will not be doing the 2015 world cruise.....

Yes these cruises are just a snapshot of each of the places we visit.... And although there are some you need more than one day there are others that unless you are on a world cruise you would never get to see.... On a land trip we would never had gone to places like Petra, Ephesus, Jerusalem, Oman nor done a houseboat cruise down the Kerala backwaters in India, not to mention getting close up and person with the crocodiles in puntarenas....... Panama and Suez Canal ..... My goodness the adventure is endless.....

Some places are just such a surprise when you get there, compared to what is seen and read about prior to arrival. I would never had thought Costa Rica was so beautiful and so pleasant a place.:D

Thanks for the link.

Looks like a wonderful cruise itinerary, I just don't think I could swing it for the time off work.:D

if you like a WC, try this one Oceania Cruises' Insignia has one going for 180 days 10/1/2015, an oceanview for $47,000 but if you book now you receive

Book now and receive the following FREE amenities. Restrictions may apply.

*Pre-Paid Gratuities

*1-night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Stay in Miami with transfers from hotel to ship

*Free Onboard Medical Services

*Luggage Delivery (Up to two 50-pound bags per person)

*Unlimited Laundry Service

*Unlimited Internet Access

*Exclusive Shoreside Events

*Comprehensive Visa Package

*FREE dining at all specialty restaurants

*FREE and unlimited soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, teas and juices

Interesting reading thanks everyone.

I have booked for my husband and I for the segment Fremantle to London as we can not stretch any more time off work than the 44 nights for the cruise plus a few days in London. I have booked through Princess today, so received the last day of Princess sale and reduced deposits. I was wondering if a cruise company would give me more onboard credit if I transfer the booking to them. We already will receive on board credit with Princess but travel agents can give you more if I am correct. Please let me know if I am wrong/right etc :)

Interesting reading thanks everyone.

I have booked for my husband and I for the segment Fremantle to London as we can not stretch any more time off work than the 44 nights for the cruise plus a few days in London. I have booked through Princess today, so received the last day of Princess sale and reduced deposits. I was wondering if a cruise company would give me more onboard credit if I transfer the booking to them. We already will receive on board credit with Princess but travel agents can give you more if I am correct. Please let me know if I am wrong/right etc :)

i dont know what you paid but you might have to ring around and see what they are offering for obc, booking with princess is good for obc....$1600 for captains circle or $800 for non captains circle members and that for 2 people

i dont know what you paid but you might have to ring around and see what they are offering for obc, booking with princess is good for obc....$1600 for captains circle or $800 for non captains circle members and that for 2 people

I have the $1600 plus military and share OBC. Any extra would be nice. A lot cabins have been booked already, some to travel agents I am sure.... I will ring around tomorrow before I pay the deposit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have the $1600 plus military and share OBC. Any extra would be nice. A lot cabins have been booked already, some to travel agents I am sure.... I will ring around tomorrow before I pay the deposit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

you have got some good obc and i doubt if the online TA's can match it