BCS Bowl January 6th

sailorgirl

We will be first day at sea on Silhouette and now realize our FSU Seminoles will very likely be playing for the national championship. Gotta see it! Please tell me Celebrity will be showing it onboard.

I've seen a couple of BCS Championship games on board. However, two years ago, on the Equinox, they were not planning on broadcasting the game. We found out at the Connections party and a number of us explained to the Cruise Director that this was far more important than the NFL games that they broadcast. He made a couple of phone calls and got the game on board. They even arranged to set up a portable bar and served tailgate type food at Celebrity Central for the game. So make sure that you sign up for the party and talk to the CD to insure that it's going to be on board.

Woops, I just reread your post. You are talking about the second night out. This could be a problem if it wasn't in the original plan, because it may not give them time to make arrangements. That other poster is probably right, but then I did have that experience on Equinox. I'd make a point of seeking out the CD and ask and express how important that this game is to football fans. Often foreign nationals may not understand that college football attracts a more loyal and rabid fan base than the pro teams.

Edited by Bobby Dee

We were on the Coral Princess when my favorite team was playing for the national championship. Make sure the cruise director knows your wishes. They do have some flexibility in what packages they buy for broadcast of games. Princess carried ESPN games for the duration of the bowl games.

Good Luck!

If you are really that serious about seeing it purchase a Slingbox. You will then be able to watch it as long as you have a devise with internet access and are willing to pay for the internet service.

If it is on ESPN then there is a app that you can access thru the internet if you are subscribed to a cable provider. Again you will have to pay for the internet access. But being such a loyal fan the cost shouldn't be a factor.

Would be worth it to see Saban and the Tide lose.

.🎄🎅

We were once on a cruise and my team was playing in the World Series. I went to guest relations to ask if the games were going to be broadcast anywhere (knowing in advance that there was a good probability they would not be). The rep looked at me and said, "World Series.....that's Football, right?"

We usually travel in the fall when there are fairly important baseball/football games happening back in the states and after 18 cruises I can comfortably say that you will have about a 50/50 shot of being able to see your game. Their ability to show it depends on many factors not limited to what's available via satellite based on the ship's location and overall interest of your fellow cruisers. Good luck!

Edited by Sascol

And we all thought Michigan State was located in Lansing....

They are actually located in East Lansing.

Go Green.

Just blowing ***** about them getting past that other team. That other team always claims that their only game is against OSU and don't worrying about losing to the others. MSU destroys them and then the next week they get beat by Nebraska and say that MSU isn't that good because Nebraska almost beat them as bad. Then say the only reason MSU has such a good record is becasue of their weak schedule. AA, arrogant a$$e$.

🎄🎅

We will be first day at sea on Silhouette and now realize our FSU Seminoles will very likely be playing for the national championship. Gotta see it! Please tell me Celebrity will be showing it onboard.

Hi sailorgirl, we understand how important it is for you to watch the upcoming BCS football game. Since you will be sailing in the Eastern Caribbean, you will most likely be able to see this game on ESPN - in either your stateroom or at a bar onboard.

However, we must ask that you please do not plant any flaming spears on our Lawn club. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi sailorgirl, we understand how important it is for you to watch the upcoming BCS football game. Since you will be sailing in the Eastern Caribbean, you will most likely be able to see this game on ESPN - in either your stateroom or at a bar onboard.

However, we must ask that you please do not plant any flaming spears on our Lawn club. :)

Darn Celebrity. No spirit at all! They tell me no flaming spears on the lawn! But I'm excited we will be seeing our FSU Seminoles play Auburn in the BCS game. Go 'Noles!

Darn Celebrity. No spirit at all! They tell me no flaming spears on the lawn! But I'm excited we will be seeing our FSU Seminoles play Auburn in the BCS game. Go 'Noles!

I got to watch my TCU Horned Frogs in the celebrity movie theater as they beat the Wisconsin Badgers in the 2010 Rose Bowl. Pretty cool set up actually, they had a buffet and drinks set up in there and overall a cool atmosphere even though it was a bit odd that our group of 4 were the only frog fans. Completely outnumbered by badger fans but we all had a blast!