Do they issue Ruby cards?

iceleven

Our cruise in May on the Sapphire was our 4th and we had the maroon colored cards as we were Medallion Level. Last week we boarded the Golden and were given a Gold card. We checked with the Captains Circle Desk and were told they had ran out of the maroon cards. So we were Ruby Class, but had Gold cards.

Luggage tags and room tags did say Ruby.

Tracey

It also goes by days sailed. Here's an example: if a person's first Princess cruise is the World Cruise as Wehwalt suggested, then their next cruise would reflect that many days sailed. They would automatically skip the Gold & Ruby Levels. They would be bumped up to the Platinum level on their next cruise since most World Cruises are less than 150 days. ;)

Book those World Cruises people! :D

Yup, should have used a better example. Still, if that's the only mistake I made, I'm pleased.

Gold card (has completed 1 cruise, may have been the World Cruise, may have been a one nighter from Seattle to Vancouver) The benefits and five dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Well there is one worthy benefit having taken at least one cruise with Princess.

A person is then offered discounted fares on future cruises that aren't always available to the gen. public.....And since Holland America is also a partner under the Carnival Corp. umbrella(along with Princess), HAL offers similar discounted special fares to past Princess cruisers too.

It really doesn't matter with Carnival, as their cruises are already are among the cheapest.:p

Our cruise in May on the Sapphire was our 4th and we had the maroon colored cards as we were Medallion Level. Last week we boarded the Golden and were given a Gold card. We checked with the Captains Circle Desk and were told they had ran out of the maroon cards. So we were Ruby Class, but had Gold cards.

Luggage tags and room tags did say Ruby.

Tracey

OK, so this must be what happened to us and explains it perfectly. We had the completed cruise days to be Ruby Class and had the Ruby room tag but on our recent Golden cruise (last week) we were given Gold cards. OK, so it wasn't just us. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Wehwalt, is there somewhere you can see how many credits you have. My 1st Princess cruise was in 2004 and was cut short 2 days by a hurricane, just wondering what I got for that one. This will only be my 3rd cruise with Princess so I will not reach the "free" laundry for awhile :).