Deluxe Cartagena & Fortress CA08

picture

This is offered through celebrity. listed as strenuous. I think that might be because of the walking inside the Fortress. can someone let me know how much walking? is it just steep stairs?? how dark inside the Fortress??

I am afraid of "bats" was the area free of rodents or cobb webbs???

How long are you in dark tunnels??? in case I were to get clastrophobic would I be able to walk out quickly & get fresh air???

I am in good physical condition and walk daily so that is really not an issue

just not fond of rodents or bats or being in the dark too long. Would it help to take my own flashlight???

This is offered through celebrity. listed as strenuous. I think that might be because of the walking inside the Fortress. can someone let me know how much walking? is it just steep stairs?? how dark inside the Fortress??

How long are you in dark tunnels??? in case I were to get clastrophobic would I be able to walk out quickly & get fresh air???

just not fond of rodents or bats or being in the dark too long. Would it help to take my own flashlight???

Getting up to the fort requires a pretty long walk up a zigzag sloping walkway. I have not seen rodents or bats, and being inside doesn't bother me, so I haven't noticed any problems. I believe most of the inside passageways have lighting.

Getting up to the fort requires a pretty long walk up a zigzag sloping walkway. I have not seen rodents or bats, and being inside doesn't bother me, so I haven't noticed any problems. I believe most of the inside passageways have lighting.

So if I walk up to the fort & decide not to go inside the fort is that possible ? Or does the group come out where I would not be abble to rejoin the group ?

So if I walk up to the fort & decide not to go inside the fort is that possible ? Or does the group come out where I would not be abble to rejoin the group ?

I have never gone with a large tour group. I always take a taxi or mini bus and it gives me freedom to allot the time as I see fit. Maybe someone else can tell you about going with a tour group.

Edited by swedish weave

I have never gone with a large tour group. I always take a taxi or mini bus and it gives me freedom to allot the time as I see fit. Maybe someone else can tell you about going with a tour group.

So do you feel safe going by taxi? Also concern about traffic getting back to the ship are the reasons we were thinking of doing tour through the cruise line?

So do you feel safe going by taxi? Also concern about traffic getting back to the ship are the reasons we were thinking of doing tour through the cruise line?

Yes --- I feel very safe ! I have been doing this for over 25 years and have yet to have any problems. Use common sense and don't try to crowd the time.

The drivers who deal with tourists know the ships schedules and they also know the local traffic patterns. Their ability to care for their family depends on them providing service, and they do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable.

Just tell the tour guide what you intend to do, and if they have moved the vehicle, he (or she) can tell you where to find it.

Thing is we'd like to find out "before we go" so they don't tell us the bus will meet the others miles away.

LuLu

~~~~

Thing is we'd like to find out "before we go" so they don't tell us the bus will meet the others miles away.

LuLu

~~~~

They need to find parking if the vehicle is not parked when the tour arrives at the fort. Even they can't predict where they may find an open spot. With all the doubt you have, I would suggest a taxi and have the driver accompany you.

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned in another post, I talked to people whose tour included the fort in their tour. It is hot and humid in Cartagena and the walk up and down the fort is long and steep. It was hard going up and down. They said they never sweated so much in their lives! I think that tour goes to the Old Town and there is a lot of walking there as well but it is flat.

Jen