Is the steakhouse really good Im considering going

gladimhere

It is fantastic. BUT.... bring an appetite, as there is so much great food. You don't get to order "multiples" like in the MDR, but you don't need to. Between the 4 (often 5) courses, it's more than enough even for the big eaters.

And if you go on the first night of the cruise you get a free bottle of wine. :D

Bob

I am itching to go. We cruise with the same couple each April, and the husband part of the couple is one with the mindset, "I'm on a cruise with a TON of free food, why would I pay for dinner?".:mad::mad: Then DH feels bad and says we shouldn't go without them. I disagree:eek::eek: I am going next year, no matter what. lol

Foolish to NOT go, in our opinion. You'll never equal elsewhere at their prices. Middle of the ocean, gourmet food, romance if available. Nice.

Location of table is important to us. Our favorite is looking out onto deck and ocean (after sunset), close to the cocktail bar. This area is lively and IMHO the most attractive, fun area.

Being near the window CAN cause a chilly draft at times, so wear something just in case. Wallah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We go to a speciality restaurant on every cruise we take, if offered.

However, we aren't huge fans of the crowds and noise in the main dining room so look forward to the smaller venue.

If you love the mdr, you are fine with that. However the food and service are much better in the steakhouse.

It's not a fabulous meal, but it is a very good one, and considering the upcharge is less than what you would pay for just the entrée (steak)alone in a land based prime steakhouse, it's a good value.

Go the first night of your cruise, and you get a free bottle of wine. That really makes it a good value!

and it my treat and possibly fit dining room in too.I think carnival does a nice job in dining room.Sorry if this was a repeat question i guess im very excited about cruise and still have over 100 days. I will try to not daydream for at least a week

It's worth at least trying it. We are very much looking forward to it on our cruise in June as we loved it on the Glory a few years ago. Excellent service and overall inning experience. I wouldn't say the steak was the best I'd ever had, but it was still worth it and there is no shortage of food.

we enjoy the steakhouse.. it's not "gourmet" but it is (in my opinion), better than MDR in food quality.. and we like the MDR just fine.

I think it's more of an "experience".. smaller venue, attentive service.. quiet and "calm" compared to the hustle & bustle of the MDR. To me, it's a more "romantic" experience, so it's worth the upcharge.

Try it once and decide... even with the upcharge, it's still very small to what you would pay on land for the same atmosphere! You may add it to your "must do" list.. or you may jsut be glad you did it once.. either way.. enjoy!

I definitely recommend it. We do it on the last night of the cruise, it is a great way to end the vacation. And that way we do not end up comparing the MDR to it negatively. It is $35, but they do not upcharge you further, some other lines charge extra for certain dishes and the surf & turf on CCL is included.

we are probably in the minority. we do not love the steak house. we have gone a few times but I doubt we will again. we really like the MDR enough to go every night

After 7 cruises we tried the steakhouse for the first and last time. No complaints. It just wasn't our thing. Glad we tried it once.

we are probably in the minority. we do not love the steak house. we have gone a few times but I doubt we will again. we really like the MDR enough to go every night

Me,too. I just thought it was so-so, but then I am not a big red meat eater. It was very yummy, but not worth the price, at least for me.