triumph will be late today

overthehillcruiser

We had to leave late on July 29 Triumph sailing due to a medical emergency earlier in the week (a crew member had a heart issue and died).

We were eating in the MDR around 6:30 when they called for muster drill. They had never announced when it was to be so we went to eat. The whole dining room just looked at each other, like do we have to go? The waiters kept serving our food and we just kept on eating. It was great! We did go later to see where our muster station was just in case we needed to know.

Hope the fog lifts soon.

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH - 11/18/13

Web Update #1 – 11/18/13 - 11:00AM (EDT)

As a result of heavy fog, the Port of Galveston is currently closed and the Carnival Triumph will be delayed returning to the port.

Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal at this time. Instead, sign up for updates by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) and we will provide you with updates on the arrival of the ship and your new check-in time.

We’re sorry for this unexpected weather delay and thank you for your patience.

Seems like the fog is worse. This turn around is going to hard on everyone, especially the crew.

Had a late return on the Triumph once in NOLA and we were basically just herded to waiting areas and the crew started really working about 11:00 am. I think it was about 2:00 pm before we could get off. Really no place to sit for most and nothing to drink or eat. Hope it goes better for today's group.

Just got this text:

Good News! The fog has lifted and the Carnival Triumph is on her way in. Checkin for your cruise is scheduled from 3PM to 5:30PM and sailing shortly after.

So does that mean we can't go to the terminal until 3??

If you have nothing else to do I would go a little before then.

If its me I'd show up around 3. They still have to clear customs, get all those people off, clean and restock the ship. Hopefully they're cleaning the rooms now. Hey, you might get some free onboard credits, ya never know.

Since I've been there and done that, I really feel badly for everyone. There won't be any OBCs all you get is a big push off the ship. Everyone coming and going is stressed and all the workers are pushed to their limit. Best thing to do is try to be patient and go with it.

No sign of the Triumph yet, but more than likely has to wait in line for the traffic ahead of her.

looks like they are just pulling up to dock now....

Hope everyone packs all thier patience (both on & off)... and remembers that weather conditions are out of everyone's control!

Happy cruising to all those getting ready to board & safe travels to those just coming home!