How Far Is Miami Airport From Ft. Lauderdale Embarkation Pier?

florida lover

We're on the Crown Feb. 2014.

Flights are less expensive for us to fly into the Miami airport rather than Fort Lauderdale. Can anyone here tell me how far it is, approximately what a cab would cost and how much time would it take from the Miami airport to the Ft. Lauderdale pier?

Thank you!

I actually just did the opposite, flew into Ft. Lauderdale to cruise out of Miami. Its about a $70 cab fare. You are far better off seeing if your cruisline offers a shuttle. We cruised Norwegian and its $25 pp each way for the shuttle and they pick you up in a nice luxury coach. Its roughly 25 miles from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale but the travel time and traffic stink. Shuttle is definitely the way to go!

I assume you are flying in the day before. If it were me, I'd stay at a hotel near MIA and go back to the airport to take the Princess shuttle to the pier @ $24/pp.

While FLL is more convenient, flying to/from MIA can often be less expensive with more direct flights, particularly to the West Coast. In the winter, you want as few plane changed as possible.

We flew from the west coast to Miami a day ahead for our cruise. Then rented a car for the 3 of us and drove from Miami airport to FLL where we dropped off the rental car (no one way drop off charge). We then took the free hotel shuttle to where we were spending the night. The next day we used the hotel shuttle to the pier for a minimal fee.

We flew from the west coast to Miami a day ahead for our cruise. Then rented a car for the 3 of us and drove from Miami airport to FLL where we dropped off the rental car (no one way drop off charge). We then took the free hotel shuttle to where we were spending the night. The next day we used the hotel shuttle to the pier for a minimal fee.

We are flying into mia two days early and have rented a car for two days at a cost of $146 and doing some sightseeing fri and sat. We also have taken the train from the airport to ft' lauderdale for $5.00 p.p. and take a cab from the station to the hotel. The train takes about 40 min. and runs every 30 min. depending on the time of day. We are renting a car on return for the day since are flight is at night so we are having lunch and fun in southbeach for the day. The car is costing us $61 for the day. Good Luck

We are flying into mia two days early and have rented a car for two days at a cost of $146 and doing some sightseeing fri and sat. We also have taken the train from the airport to ft' lauderdale for $5.00 p.p. and take a cab from the station to the hotel. The train takes about 40 min. and runs every 30 min. depending on the time of day. We are renting a car on return for the day since are flight is at night so we are having lunch and fun in southbeach for the day. The car is costing us $61 for the day. Good Luck

I made a mistake in the rental car price. It is $64 for the two days!