Live Special Announcement 11/21/13 12pm est

The general speculation is that this will be an announcement regarding the Anthem of the Seas and where she will be based. There are rumblings that it may be based in Southampton.

"Now for something completely different..."

...or is it???

The Monte Python Comedy Troupe is also planning a press release tomorrow revealing that they will be reuniting and where the reunion will take place.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/monty-python-choose-reunion-venue-2813667

Anthem of the Seas Perhaps? Possibly the Musical "Spamalot" as the main show. Hmmmmmm.

;)

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Noticed this on the Royal PR site , will this be an update on Quantum ?

There is a big 2 hour media event in London tomorrow which is being held by RCCL UK, the announcement is expected to be the confirmation that Southampton will be Anthem's Homeport.

Word is booking won't open though until February next year.

There is a big 2 hour media event in London tomorrow which is being held by RCCL UK, the announcement is expected to be the confirmation that Southampton will be Anthem's Homeport.

The European home port anyway...

Waiting to hear about a U.S. home port as well during the alternative cruising season...

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

The European home port anyway...

Waiting to hear about a U.S. home port as well during the alternative cruising season...

Could be a year round home port of Southampton. We'll hopefully find out tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

The Quantum of the Seas announcement was only about 90 minutes like I believe so 2 hours is way too much. I could see two possibilities behind this.

1) We are reading too far into this and it is going to be about Anthem's inaugural season with a lengthy explanation on ports in Europe and protocol for selling the ship with the entire event being designed for travel agents only. Quantum of the Seas had one of these lengthy webinars about 1-2 weeks after her announcement so this may just be all of it in one event.

2) We are completely off base on this announcement. We'll find out Anthem's inaugural season but it's really about Oasis. We still do not know any of Royal Caribbean's plans for the dry docking next year beyond routine maintenance. We also do not know anything about Allure's expected trip to Europe in 2015. Then their is the whole possibility of them announcing partnerships with various ports to increase infrastructure with very vague reasoning behind it (possible European based Oasis class ship in the future).

It's starting to feel more and more likely that either of these possibilities is becoming more likely than additional Quantum details. Seems like the show will be announced on the 28th and the restaurants would be incredibly relevant to the US market that is not being made aware of this event. Outside of Royal Caribbean's UK account and the press center they have not really mentioned this event so it is clearly marketed to only really be relevant to those in the UK.

The UK twitter says "we've got something big to make a song and dance about" so could it be an anouncement of what show they will feature?

Looking at it like that, possibly.

I still vote "Into the Woods". ;)

lol

Some folks from one of my Quantum roll calls are attending the event..their invite says 4-6pm. They have said they will post asap and I am sure someone from CC UK office will be at the event also so we should know all in a few hours.

As it is a RCCL UK media event I would say it relates to Anthem not Quantum....Anthem -Homeport -Southampton. With Richard Spacey helping to bring out the ship and Joff Eaton as the main CD.

Some folks from one of my Quantum roll calls are attending the event..their invite says 4-6pm. They have said they will post asap and I am sure someone from CC UK office will be at the event also so we should know all in a few hours.

As it is a RCCL UK media event I would say it relates to Anthem not Quantum....Anthem -Homeport -Southampton. With Richard Spacey helping to bring out the ship and Joff Eaton as the main CD.

Hey there Liz...how the heck are you??? This is exciting. We have been waiting for any kind of news- but esp. on the dining venues to be offered. Was hoping that the Anthem would be based in US but it appears that this will not be the case. Still looking for the release of the summer 15 itineraries for each ship and when we can book them?? We are planning on a big cruise for both our girls who are graduating....Sarah from grad school and Rachel from high school- yes indeed- can you believe it Liz, our little Rachel from the Oasis graduating from high school. Where does the time go??? So excited for this announcement. Might you have the link to this at 12 PM??

I am sure we will find out something new about the Quantum Class other than the homeport of Anthem! Maybe some dining options, perhaps? 2 hours is too long for just a homeport announcement.
Agreed. It would be nice to see the restaurant options and get complete deck plans for QOS. Something to fill all those "More to Come" or "Retail" spaces.;)