Msc usa ?

sidari

MSC USA ... Can you explain why 600 travel agents were allowed onboard the Divina on the 19th of November ? i refer you to the reply you gave to my previous question.

Hi Sidari-

No ship tours are allowed to take place by agents or any other guests that day as it is still part of the transatlantic cruise.

Regards,

MSC Cruises (USA)

MSC USA ... Can you explain why 600 travel agents were allowed onboard the Divina on the 19th of November ? i refer you to the reply you gave to my previous question.

Hi Sidari-

No ship tours are allowed to take place by agents or any other guests that day as it is still part of the transatlantic cruise.

Regards,

MSC Cruises (USA)

Why does it matter?

It matters because MSC cut short our cruise by holding their publicity stunt on the only day no other ships were in port Miami and when Divina should have been elsewhere! while making out the "Exciting" day in Miami was for the passengers benefit.

JC ... Yes i know they do but not when the ship should be in another port and at the expense of the passengers who basically had their cruise cut short by one day! many passengers got off on the 19th and went home because they did not want to spend a day sat on a ship in Miami especially when they live there. There will be a lot of claims going in to MSC i am sure if the CC meeting was anything to go by.

you cannot tell people that the ship is in transit and therefore no one can board and then go and do the opposite!

It matters because MSC cut short our cruise by holding their publicity stunt on the only day no other ships were in port Miami and when Divina should have been elsewhere! while making out the "Exciting" day in Miami was for the passengers benefit.

Should they have clogged up Miami port another day when the port is loaded with other ships?

It appears to me to be a logical move on MSC's part because of the major event. I have no doubt there were disappointed/irate passengers aboard, but from a business standpoint, it made sense. Those TA's are the future bread and butter to promote MSC and Divina. It is a cruise line the majority of people are unfamiliar with, and TA's can't recommend a product they too are not familiar with. This was a first hand experience for them on a non ship congested day. Deep down, you know that, even though you got shorted a day.

Still doesn't explain why you care that "600" Travel Agents were allowed on board. Travel Agents go on board all the time to tour ships. And it's done all over the world, in many port cities.

It matters, when like sidari says msc blatantly stated there would be no promo going off, it matters when passengers were asked to be moved in the dining room to make way for these guests, it matters when we were originally meant to be elsewhere, it matters because msc did not seem to care there was passengers on board and showed total disrespect

It matters, when like sidari says msc blatantly stated there would be no promo going off, it matters when passengers were asked to be moved in the dining room to make way for these guests, it matters when we were originally meant to be elsewhere, it matters because msc did not seem to care there was passengers on board and showed total disrespect

We see you totally enjoyed your cruise , so when is your next MSC cruise?

I believe the cruise was shortened one day, missing a port in the process, after these customers had booked/ paid for their cruise, in order to have "a fun port day in Miami".

It appears the day was used as originally suspected, a "press day" for the ships NA debut.

The customers have every right to be angry, they didn't get the cruise they originally were told they were getting, it in fact was a promotional day by MSC that did indeed impact the passengers comfort.

Doug ... At least someone can see the wood for the trees, the MSC E mail called it an "Exciting" day in Miami! not for those on the ship who live there many of whom left and went home.

Seems some people think it is ok to cut short other peoples holiday in order to justify showing off to travel agents!

Ruthless boss .. the ship could have been brought in on the 20th as it was supposed to have been and still carried out their publicity stunt after all there was only a Disney and NCL ship in port on that date.

The stone cold fact is that MSC lied to their customers on this cruise about the reason for taking out a port stop and going into Miami on the 19th some of who were repeat customers and Black card members. They have shown a total disregard for the people on that cruise just to please others.

We spoke to people who only found out after 4 to 5 days onboard that the last port had been taken off the itinerary and even a crew member who did not know!

The usual Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing while telling lies to the rest comes to mind, i wonder how many North Americans on the lastest or any other 7 night cruise would just sit back and accept the loss of their last port day so that travel agents can swan around the ship ? i know the feeling of some of them who were on this cruise and believe me they were not happy.

Edited by sidari

Some people are always gonna try to leverage to get somethin' for nothin'.

I'm sorry to say - the way I see it is there are 8-10 unhappy passengers that are posting on this site (or any other) from over 4000 passengers - I would say that this is great odds the cruise was fantastic - people are more likely to go to social media about their horrible experience than their positive one. I can say that I pretty much would suggest the Divina is going to be a great bargain this year !!! Watch out next year.....

"I'm sorry to say - the way I see it is there are 8-10 unhappy passengers that are posting on this site"

If you believe this then you are sadly living in cloud cuckoo land with Rose tinted glasses on! maybe you can explain why over 1,000 passengers left the ship a day early ? and it was not just because they could.

People have concerns about what happened and you and a few others appear to think they should not voice their concerns or alarm just incase is might spoil things for them.

Doug ... At least someone can see the wood for the trees, the MSC E mail called it an "Exciting" day in Miami! not for those on the ship who live there many of whom left and went home.

Seems some people think it is ok to cut short other peoples holiday in order to justify showing off to travel agents!

Ruthless boss .. the ship could have been brought in on the 20th as it was supposed to have been and still carried out their publicity stunt after all there was only a Disney and NCL ship in port on that date.

The stone cold fact is that MSC lied to their customers on this cruise about the reason for taking out a port stop and going into Miami on the 19th some of who were repeat customers and Black card members. They have shown a total disregard for the people on that cruise just to please others.

We spoke to people who only found out after 4 to 5 days onboard that the last port had been taken off the itinerary and even a crew member who did not know!

The usual Left hand does not know what the Right hand is doing while telling lies to the rest comes to mind, i wonder how many North Americans on the lastest or any other 7 night cruise would just sit back and accept the loss of their last port day so that travel agents can swan around the ship ? i know the feeling of some of them who were on this cruise and believe me they were not happy.

I understand totally, nothing as disappointing as paying for your holiday and then not getting it for "political " reasons.

Quite the different story if you had missed your port due to weather or another unavoidable situation but to have your cruise changed for a press conference is inexcusable.

We see you totally enjoyed your cruise , so when is your next MSC cruise?

Very funny lol, I am not stating if I liked it or not but I did what I always do and that is make the most of it, i will say some peoples expectations are a lot lower than others obviously, has for cruising msc again never!!!!

How can I cruise with a company that spent all its time and energy in gearing up for its new customers and forgetting about the quality of service to its present guest, the first night entertainment was great but it went down hill from there, they was the same show but with different costumes, entertainment in the bars was so repetitive, like I have said in other posts the bands were great, but the Montecarlo 2 night band were dreadful in the sense they sang same song in the same order every night and sang in the same monotone voice you could not tell some times she was talking, Carey & lee who came on later had been told to play in a slow tempo which was a shame because I would of enjoyed them more, in the le luna bar the couple who sang in there were a bit better as they did ask for requests and made possible by the fact they used their laptop as a karaoke device, the golden jazz bar was the same good but repetitive

The animation team, or a bunch of redcoat rejects were even worse, at the end of the day I admire what they try to do as individuals because they do work long hours, but I feel who ever manages them needs shooting, it was like they are looking after a bunch of children, the things they came up with to keep people entertained was unbelievably dull and childish with no real thought process and imagination

Poolside was dire, aerobics which everywhere does, but then later came a massage demonstration a quiz, more kiddie fun for adults followed by line dancing another quiz, aerobics to finish off, poolside music was a strain on the ears, there should be one side of pool for people who like that

And there was no pool parties at night, although they did try to set one up but it rained, but over 18 nights there should of been more

Also sailaways were none existent all other ships that we came across in ports nearly all sailed away with a band on deck, or lively music

The ship is a great ship, looks great but scratch away at it and it shows its flaws, like the golden jazz every so often you get a wave of people pass in front of the band, or the constant promo on the TV behind them, again all the promo TVs everywhere playing same crap day in day out & the biggest one is poolside screen a massive TV spirting out same promo video, why do they feel the need to advertise the cruise your already on

So if people like that sort of thing I can imagine they will be very pleased

I'm sorry to say - the way I see it is there are 8-10 unhappy passengers that are posting on this site (or any other) from over 4000 passengers - I would say that this is great odds the cruise was fantastic - people are more likely to go to social media about their horrible experience than their positive one. I can say that I pretty much would suggest the Divina is going to be a great bargain this year !!! Watch out next year.....

I don't know how you see things, but I had first hand experience along with sidari, I had spoke to hundreds who were not happy had over heard conversation where people were not happy

The way I see it MSC may of lost 4000 returning passengers, but with the same token happy they are not all cruise critic members, but that doesn't mean that these people are not members elsewhere

Very funny lol, I am not stating if I liked it or not but I did what I always do and that is make the most of it, i will say some peoples expectations are a lot lower than others obviously, has for cruising msc again never!!!!

How can I cruise with a company that spent all its time and energy in gearing up for its new customers and forgetting about the quality of service to its present guest, the first night entertainment was great but it went down hill from there, they was the same show but with different costumes, entertainment in the bars was so repetitive, like I have said in other posts the bands were great, but the Montecarlo 2 night band were dreadful in the sense they sang same song in the same order every night and sang in the same monotone voice you could not tell some times she was talking, Carey & lee who came on later had been told to play in a slow tempo which was a shame because I would of enjoyed them more, in the le luna bar the couple who sang in there were a bit better as they did ask for requests and made possible by the fact they used their laptop as a karaoke device, the golden jazz bar was the same good but repetitive

The animation team, or a bunch of redcoat rejects were even worse, at the end of the day I admire what they try to do as individuals because they do work long hours, but I feel who ever manages them needs shooting, it was like they are looking after a bunch of children, the things they came up with to keep people entertained was unbelievably dull and childish with no real thought process and imagination

Poolside was dire, aerobics which everywhere does, but then later came a massage demonstration a quiz, more kiddie fun for adults followed by line dancing another quiz, aerobics to finish off, poolside music was a strain on the ears, there should be one side of pool for people who like that

And there was no pool parties at night, although they did try to set one up but it rained, but over 18 nights there should of been more

Also sailaways were none existent all other ships that we came across in ports nearly all sailed away with a band on deck, or lively music

The ship is a great ship, looks great but scratch away at it and it shows its flaws, like the golden jazz every so often you get a wave of people pass in front of the band, or the constant promo on the TV behind them, again all the promo TVs everywhere playing same crap day in day out & the biggest one is poolside screen a massive TV spirting out same promo video, why do they feel the need to advertise the cruise your already on

So if people like that sort of thing I can imagine they will be very pleased

So after reading ALL your complaints if seems you had 18 miserable days and you will not be going on another MSC cruise.Right???

So after reading ALL your complaints if seems you had 18 miserable days and you will not be going on another MSC cruise.Right???

I am starting to guess you are either very easily pleased, or are part of the annoying animation team

Or both lol could of done with you on board :)

I also can understand Sidari's complain. I tought the Divina was doing quite well trying to improve services to acommodate to USA public. But, I realize that things like Sidari describes do not contribute very much to improve the image of MSC in the USA or elsewhere.

Edited by travelberlin

Its unfortunate that Sidari and Nowaysis are upset about their lost day in Nassau and their other grievances. But I don't think at this point its accomplishing anything by continuing to vent. You have made your point! What I think is very important is the "new" product for the U.S. market. I personally enjoyed my day on board in Canaveral and loved the new menu. Even more important was the reaction of friends who were on for the 3 days and they all agreed it was a big improvement over past MSC cruises from the U.S not only food wise, but they loved all the entertainment available around the ship. I look forward to seeing many of you on Dec. 7th.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

Taken from the repo roll call.

The cruise critic meeting was the most pitiful I have ever attended...

At the very least coffee & pastry's is common along with a raffle of stuff.

RCCL even gave out nice gifts to everyone..

It sure is good to be home among English speaking people. Did you know that the largest group of people on the ship were Turkish followed by Swiss?

The ship was absolutely beautiful but the only way I will cruise MSC again is if they seduce me with very low fares.

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

Its unfortunate that Sidari and Nowaysis are upset about their lost day in Nassau and their other grievances. But I don't think at this point its accomplishing anything by continuing to vent. You have made your point! What I think is very important is the "new" product for the U.S. market. I personally enjoyed my day on board in Canaveral and loved the new menu. Even more important was the reaction of friends who were on for the 3 days and they all agreed it was a big improvement over past MSC cruises from the U.S not only food wise, but they loved all the entertainment available around the ship. I look forward to seeing many of you on Dec. 7th.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

it is not a continuation of venting our frustration

because of Nassau or accomplishing anything, you are very mistaken, yes I was mad that we missed Nassau, my frustration and opinions are aimed at the 18 nights & how MSC as a company failed its present passengers , while gearing up for its new passengers,

MSC spent a lot of money to make those 3 days work, and I mean a lot of money,

People may wonder what we are banging on about because what we are going on about has now turned in to a new brand, but will the cracks start to show when you arrive on board,

Only time will tell, and I look forward to all the comments that wont accomplish anything and other people don't want to hear

Hope you have a good cruise :)