Msc usa ?

sidari

I am starting to guess you are either very easily pleased, or are part of the annoying animation team

Or both lol could of done with you on board :)

Okay nowaysis and Sidari if MSC gives you something for free would the two of you quietly stop and go away. My guess is the two of you seem to think you bought the ship and now want more. What are you trying to gain? Do you know. You started the complaining when you found out a port had been cancelled and just have not stopped. We all get it. You are upset. We visit cruise critic to obtain helpful information when cruising and not listening to your constant complaining.

Okay nowaysis and Sidari if MSC gives you something for free would the two of you quietly stop and go away. My guess is the two of you seem to think you bought the ship and now want more. What are you trying to gain? Do you know. You started the complaining when you found out a port had been cancelled and just have not stopped. We all get it. You are upset. We visit cruise critic to obtain helpful information when cruising and not listening to your constant complaining.

and your are?

are they gonna give us something for free?

your not Andre are you?

Lindagop .. Who says we want something for free ? only you it seems!

Okay enough now. Politely please stop . You are getting ridiculous. Don't you get that most readers here are saying enough and we get you are not happy. Point received!

Hi

Not at all trying to make anything trivial in your posts or trivialising anything compared to mine (I hope that makes more sense to you than it reads to me!) I'm sorry if you think that's the case. Our issues are nowhere near resolved for the 30 passengers posting to CC on our repo.

I'm an exceptionally gregarious person but I can't honestly see myself speaking to "hundreds" of different people on a cruise. To each their own but it did read as though you were seeking people out to elicit a response. Obviously this wasn't the case.

That aside I was curious, from a legal contract standpoint, as to if you were given the opportunity to cancel. 90 days notwithstanding there is an argument that the root of your contract (the ports) had been amended without your consent and within the control of MSC and therefore you have the ability to void the contract pre cruise irrespective of cancellation policies. This would mean a full refund of monies paid. If your flights were booked with MSC also I wonder if they would have offered and if you'd have accepted. No matter, it's a moot point given your answer.

The repo question was to see if anyone else had been hard done by re: changing intenary. Based on yours and ours MSC are currently at two for two for doing this and I wondered if this was the norm?

The MSC before question was to gauge if you were used to their "ways" re: service which do differ from more "Americanised" service. This aspect of the cruise might have bugged you even if it hadn't been the changeover repo your trip became.

Your answer to question four is the most telling. It seems there is nothing they could do to make things right so it behooves them to not bother trying. They'll probably write you off as an unhappy camper who won't book with them again, which by your post history would be correct?

If I ran a business and wanted to impress 600 people who could bring me thousands and thousands of pounds of profit on a weekly basis vs keeping a bunch of people happy and moan free who paid peanuts for a transatlantic cruise and may not use my services again, well it's a no-brainer for me. I'm not saying this is "right" - just from a business perspective it makes bags of sense. It was probably initiated by the new head honchos at MSC. I'm far enough away from this to admire their ideas re: publicity. I know it's crappy for you guys but it's a master stroke for them. And really, if they can't win you back with a resolution you'd be happy with (see above) then it works out even cheaper for them!

As an aside, when our company gets a complaint we often make a donation to charity in the name of the complainer. This is because if they received monetary compensation then they would be in a position of "betterment" which would render their initial claim invalid. It's surprising how many people get more angry about this than what they're initially complaining about. :-)

Again I do not want to belittle you or make you appear less important than I or anyone else here. Again I'm sorry if you read that as the case, it wasn't, and isn't, my intention.

Best wishes and hope your next cruise is less fraught and happier

MooMoo.

I know I'm late to the party, I've just read this thread from the beginning. You've been around the MSC threads long enough to know the cancelled port of call was an issue long before the Divina set sail. The fact is MSC lied about an "exciting extra day in Miami" and not being for TA promotion. Something that is now being questioned. We know MSC have a track record on being less than honest. Something our Armonia roll call has suspected regarding the Red Sea itineraries.

As for a business model that relies on gaining new customers over retaining existing customers. I can't see that working for long. If MSC think they can continue to grow at the current pace (a impressive pace it must be said) by annoying current passengers, there in for a shock.

You and I are both repeat passengers with MSC. If I missed a port of call I was looking forward to so a bunch of suits could be shown around, I'd question if I'd sail with them again.

You visit cruise critic to obtain useful information.

People on this cruise started voicing concerns about the cancelled port of call months ago, only to be told their theories were incorrect. It would now appear they were lied to directly from an office of MSC.

Do you not think that's useful information?

And I'm a MSC fanboy. Search my posts.

papcx Well what do you know there are still some people out there in MSC land that still have some common sense and decency :)

People were lied to about the cruise by more than one MSC office, some people on these boards are in for a Nasty shock and when they get it do not expect anything but criticism from those you yourselves have ridiculed.

We all understand your beef. You certainly have a reason to be upset. That being said what is the purpose of rehashing these issues on this board. Don't you think your better served by going to MSC directly. All that's being accomplished here is creating bad feelings among board contributor's and I'm sure that's not your intent.

If I was you I would send a certified letter to Rick Sasso with a copy to the consumer editor of your local newspaper. He or someone from MSC will get back to you. I will suggest you be reasonable in your approach. A hard attitude wont get you anywhere. Good luck and good cruising.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

papcx Well what do you know there are still some people out there in MSC land that still have some common sense and decency :)

People were lied to about the cruise by more than one MSC office, some people on these boards are in for a Nasty shock and when they get it do not expect anything but criticism from those you yourselves have ridiculed.

I'm sorry, maybe too much Tenerife beer has confused me. Who have I ridiculed?

We all understand your beef. You certainly have a reason to be upset. That being said what is the purpose of rehashing these issues on this board. Don't you think your better served by going to MSC directly. All that's being accomplished here is creating bad feelings among board contributor's and I'm sure that's not your intent.

If I was you I would send a certified letter to Rick Sasso with a copy to the consumer editor of your local newspaper. He or someone from MSC will get back to you. I will suggest you be reasonable in your approach. A hard attitude wont get you anywhere. Good luck and good cruising.

Sent from my ME301T using Forums mobile app

Very well said!!!

(Nice to see you Riclop. When are you cruising the lovely Divina? We will be doing b2b in January.)

This debate about MSC has been evident since Orchestra made its debut in the USA. I love MSC USA and I also was nervous after reading all the reviews before my first cruise. I have continued to support MSC throughout many years bringing friends on board whom I cruise with each year. MSC has been a wonderful European feel vs American Feel of a cruise ship.

Many have said, in the review, what is that difference. It always was the laid back atmosphere where staff are there but not in your face. It was the gracious service when needed, but never pushed. It was the food, that I thought has been superior to all the other cruises we have taken. The food was never doused in gravy, but had wonderful sauces which made the meat the star. We enjoyed the theater being a venue to sit and see something marvelous that only MSC had. They banned food and never sold drinks in this venue. We saw things never before seen on a cruise ship. They hired their own entertainment which stayed with them and the passengers got to see true professionals who gave 100% each performance. I got to enjoy Opera because of MSC Opera night. To hear such voices and talent has been an honor.

We have always been treated wonderfully. With attention by wait staff and everyone. I often asked why? No reason I can find , maybe I smiled, I said thanks, and please. I got it back to me with service that has been wonderful. Each MSC USA cruise has touched my heart. In meeting staff whom remember me each year, in the highest level of entertainment and to the interaction between the animation team and the guests. I have left each MSC USA cruise feeling like I gained new friends-friends that I look forward to reconnecting with yearly!

I saddens me to see this negativity all the time for this cruise line. It has always been either people LOVE or Hate MSC. There may be issues, but resolve it and move on. I have seen worse on other lines, but no one says NEVER again for those lines.

I am sorry that people felt the TA was not what they had hoped. I was so envious that you all got to spend all that time on such a beautiful ship. It was a learning experience for much of the staff. I also understand frustration about missing a port. There is no need to harass those who are presenting their feelings, but to say MSC will not make it in the Caribbean is not a statement of fact from their experience and should be left out.

MSC has a great product if they stand by their roots. It was these roots that gave us a taste of Italy without being in Italy. I hope they do not give the Americans the burger, the hot dogs and the cookie cutter cruise that so many other main stream cruise lines give.

MSC is unique in their differences. I hope that these differences stay and they do not assimilate into what all the other cruise lines give. They had a niche and I hope they stay true.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

MooMoo.

I know I'm late to the party, I've just read this thread from the beginning. You've been around the MSC threads long enough to know the cancelled port of call was an issue long before the Divina set sail. The fact is MSC lied about an "exciting extra day in Miami" and not being for TA promotion. Something that is now being questioned. We know MSC have a track record on being less than honest. Something our Armonia roll call has suspected regarding the Red Sea itineraries.

As for a business model that relies on gaining new customers over retaining existing customers. I can't see that working for long. If MSC think they can continue to grow at the current pace (a impressive pace it must be said) by annoying current passengers, there in for a shock.

You and I are both repeat passengers with MSC. If I missed a port of call I was looking forward to so a bunch of suits could be shown around, I'd question if I'd sail with them again.

Hiya Papcx!

Good to see you. Hope you're enjoying the "barmy" weather :p

I like to play devils avocado (as my mother would call it) a lot of the time. I asked Nowaysis some questions to try and understand the situation the repo guys found themselves in.

I was particularly interested in if they had been offered a cancellation. As explained in my post that should have been a de facto option irrespective of cancellation periods as the change/omission of port, planned before the cruise set sail (and that's the important bit) is an amendment to the root of the contact. Therefore the contract is voidable.

MSC's duties would then have been to refund monies paid and end of issue. However, I did note that if the guys had bought flights from anywhere other than MSC this would not be an option as they are not obliged to refund flights (as well we know :-)

I agree 100% that it's certainly not cricket what happened. Reading the reviews and posts, much of the issues aside from port changes and 'the Miami incident' appear to be down to taste (quality of food, decor, restaurants etc) previous cruiseline comparisons (CC meet and greets being lackluster, the dreaded water and ice, food again, entertainment) and ad-hoc staff training/language issues (the new staff were trained during the repo, the officers are exclusively Italian and were conspicuous by their absence)

Again, Miami port and missing Nassau aside, all the above would be handled by different people in different ways. I have enough understanding to assume the reason that repos are so cheap is because the staff are starting or finishing their contract and either need extensive training and familiarisation or are demob happy, can't wait to get off the damn boat and see their families, and are therefore relaxed and devil-may-care. Certainly a different experience to your standard 7 or 14 day cruise. And we all know MSC are a different kettle of risotto to other cruise lines anyway.

A repo is just that. Repositioning. A way to get a ship from one area to the next for it to start a new adventure. And when you start a new adventure there is preparation to be made, especially if the adventure is becoming a flagship cruiseliner based full-time in one of the worlds busiest ports for the worlds most discerning and fussy cruise market (REALLY sorry Americans! Please forgive me)

I certainly don't believe it's right. I would be asking questions and putting my thoughts down in writing. But as others have said, it seems fruitless and a tad mean spirited to haunt the MSC forum bringing the same issues up time after time. And some of the posters here are not above pointing that out.

We all ridicule and lambast a certain someone for their posts based on actual evidence and facts. We've been provided with evidence and facts from the Divina repo. We have read them and made our own assumptions. Some of us have responded. I think the best thing now is to maintain radio silence and wait for the Caribbean review to start. I have my opinions as to how they will read. But they're just opinions. And you know what the say about opinions.... :p

Edited by moomoocow
Is there any way I can stop predictive text? It says incorrect things on my behalf

Hiya

Hope you're enjoying the "barmy" weather :p

I like to play devils avocado (as my mother would call it) a lot of the time. I asked Nowaysis some questions to try and understand the situation the repo guys found themselves in.

I was particularly interested in if they had been offered a cancellation. As explained in my post that should have been a de facto option irrespective of cancellation periods as the change/omission of port, planned before the cruise set sail (and that's the important bit) is an amendment to the root of the contact. Therefore the contract is voidable.

MSC's duties would then have been to refund monies paid and end of issue. However, I did note that if the guys had bought flights from anywhere other than MSC this would not be an option as they are not obliged to refund flights (as well we know :-)

I agree 100% that it's certainly not cricket what happened. Reading the reviews and posts, much of the issues aside from port changes and 'the Miami incident' appear to be down to taste (quality of food, decor, restaurants etc) previous cruiseline comparisons (CC meet and greets being lackluster, the dreaded water and ice, food again, entertainment) and ad-hoc staff training/language issues (the new staff were trained during the repo, the officers are exclusively Italian and were conspicuous by their absence)

Again, Miami port and missing Nassau aside, all the above would be handled by different people in different ways. I have enough understanding to assume the reason that repos are so cheap is because the staff are starting or finishing their contract and either need extensive training and familiarisation or are demob happy, can't wait to get off the damn boat and see their families, and are therefore relaxed and devil-may-care. Certainly a different experience to your standard 7 or 14 day cruise. And we all know MSC are a different kettle of risotto to other cruise lines anyway.

A repo is just that. Repositioning. A way to get a ship from one area to the next for it to start a new adventure. And when you start a new adventure there is preparation to be made, especially if the adventure is becoming a flagship cruiseliner based full-time in one of the worlds busiest ports for the worlds most discerning and fussy cruise market (REALLY sorry Americans! Please forgive me)

I certainly don't believe it's right. I would be asking questions and putting my thoughts down in writing. But as others have said, it seems fruitless and a tad mean spirited to haunt the MSC forum bringing the same issues up time after time. And some of the posters here are not above pointing that out.

We all ridicule and lambast a certain someone for their posts based on actual evidence and facts. We've been provided with evidence and facts from the Divina repo. We have read them and made our own assumptions. Some of us have responded. I think the best thing now is to maintain radio silence and wait for the Caribbean review to start. I have my opinions as to how they will read. But they're just opinions. And you know what the say about opinions.... :p

That's my take on all of this too.

Hi papcx The ridicule comment was not aimed at you sorry you thought it was, the bit about common sense and decency i thought may have given you a clue that it was not about the comments you made. :)

Stay of that Teneriffe beer.

Okay, my misunderstanding, no harm done.

I'm starting on the Tenerife coffee now!

Okay.

Firstly, if the Tenerife beer has scrambled my brain and I've upset anyone, that wasn't the attention, so I'm sorry.

I think wires (and threads) are being crossed here. I haven't read any of the reviews of the re-po, just this thread. The fact still remains that months ago, passengers expressed a concern about the extra day in Miami, only to be told it was for the passengers and nothing else. It now seems that TAs, or MSC staff were onboard that day, disturbing the experience for passengers some what.

MSC USA (who I respect for answering on these boards) seems very keen to take this conversation out of the public domain.

I love the MSC experience, you know I do, but the admin side and pre-cruise customer service still leaves a lot to be desired.

Ps. I don't like Avacardo.

Edited by papcx

Maybe a little clarity and understanding is called for.

The Big boss at MSC decided that they wanted a ship sailing year round in the Caribbean and chose to send the Divina, everything as usual was being run from the Naples, Geneva and other offices with regard to Itinerary, sales etc and all was going well until the decision was made to set up a seperate office in Miami to operate and oversee the Divina.

This then began to cause problems for passengers already booked, drink packages were removed despite people having already booked them, new ones added and removed and passengers being told only certain packages could be booked despite the others being available.

MSC USA wanting to run their show it seems were having a hard time taking the reigns from Naples and the other offices.

At some point in June a decision was made it seems possibly by the Miami office to cancel the port of Nassau and bring the ship in to an empty port Miami a day early so they could promote the ship but tell passengers it was for their benefit. " Why not just tell them the Truth" ?

As time went on the Miami office began to take more responsibility from Naples and the other offices in order to make this office a stand alone business. All future bookings for the ship will be handled by Miami.

Everything that was being done on the ship during the crossing was aimed at the next market and those onboard just happened to be the guinea pigs.

While talking to Andre the cruise director he explained that he had wanted to have printed twelves sheets of paper in Colour and went along to the printer on the ship to have them done, only to be told that the printer would have to E mail Naples for permission to print them!

The infighting it seems was continuing between the various offices and those who suffered were the passengers.

(Nice to see you Riclop. When are you cruising the lovely Divina? We will be doing b2b in January.)

This debate about MSC has been evident since Orchestra made its debut in the USA. I love MSC USA and I also was nervous after reading all the reviews before my first cruise. I have continued to support MSC throughout many years bringing friends on board whom I cruise with each year. MSC has been a wonderful European feel vs American Feel of a cruise ship.

Many have said, in the review, what is that difference. It always was the laid back atmosphere where staff are there but not in your face. It was the gracious service when needed, but never pushed. It was the food, that I thought has been superior to all the other cruises we have taken. The food was never doused in gravy, but had wonderful sauces which made the meat the star. We enjoyed the theater being a venue to sit and see something marvelous that only MSC had. They banned food and never sold drinks in this venue. We saw things never before seen on a cruise ship. They hired their own entertainment which stayed with them and the passengers got to see true professionals who gave 100% each performance. I got to enjoy Opera because of MSC Opera night. To hear such voices and talent has been an honor.

We have always been treated wonderfully. With attention by wait staff and everyone. I often asked why? No reason I can find , maybe I smiled, I said thanks, and please. I got it back to me with service that has been wonderful. Each MSC USA cruise has touched my heart. In meeting staff whom remember me each year, in the highest level of entertainment and to the interaction between the animation team and the guests. I have left each MSC USA cruise feeling like I gained new friends-friends that I look forward to reconnecting with yearly!

I saddens me to see this negativity all the time for this cruise line. It has always been either people LOVE or Hate MSC. There may be issues, but resolve it and move on. I have seen worse on other lines, but no one says NEVER again for those lines.

I am sorry that people felt the TA was not what they had hoped. I was so envious that you all got to spend all that time on such a beautiful ship. It was a learning experience for much of the staff. I also understand frustration about missing a port. There is no need to harass those who are presenting their feelings, but to say MSC will not make it in the Caribbean is not a statement of fact from their experience and should be left out.

MSC has a great product if they stand by their roots. It was these roots that gave us a taste of Italy without being in Italy. I hope they do not give the Americans the burger, the hot dogs and the cookie cutter cruise that so many other main stream cruise lines give.

MSC is unique in their differences. I hope that these differences stay and they do not assimilate into what all the other cruise lines give. They had a niche and I hope they stay true.

Good to see a lovely review. I now think MSC must be like marmite as people seem to love or hate it, with no middle ground. And my apologies to American reviewers as I can't think how to describe marmite!!!(yeast extract spread with love/hate as their brand image)and I luckily I love marmite!!!

CamofWilliamsburg.....the Mediterranean way is changing....I see your last cruise on MSC was 2011...that was my first cruise...and it was more "Med" then

2 more times on Poesia....last time in April , less Med, buffet open 20 hrs day, juices free, ice tea....also ice water and ice ice baby in cabins etc....still Mimi plus a soprano and a great tenor

Now....2 singers, one male, one female....not sure they are really "opera">> more pop??

No drinks in the theater last april - warnings - but now you can carry them in tho still no bar service LOL

The "animation" team is not as visable, and seemed to be Aussies, Canadians?? The ones I saw spoke English now

My first time on MSC it was the (old) "regions of Italy" menu = this has been changing...not sure what full menu is as I was on 3 night Nov 20 but even last spring on 7 night the menu was more "american/continental" not just Italian but of course with Italian pastas and desserts

more food "we" recognize

~~~~~~~~Sidari....as far as I know the "Miami" office is in Ft Lauderdale and always has been....they used to hire more people as cruise time drew near (often people who knew very little LOL)....but they had a small staff year round

It is still in Ft Lauderdale...I have visited...one of the guys in my group went there the day before our cruise LOL> (he lives nearby)

They have always said they are "waiting to hear from Genoa">> "need to find out from Genoa">> (like the salami LOL)....I am pretty sure that is where the head office of the cruise division is located

Genoa makes the decisons

I do think maybe they had to come in early to get the detailed coast guard inspection etc that all ships must have when they arrive in US for the first time.....perhaps the Public Relations people decided to use this time to get more coverage ?? I know that very few people knew of MSC BUT in the past weeks we have had newspaper articles...and coverage of the fireworks (smart move by MSC IMHO)

For those who live here, visiting the ports to watch ships is pretty popular....now when they brought in the Oasis of the Seas...wow - that was a party and Ft Lauderdale was buzzing....many people drive just to her and still do (Allure too)

You have to realize too - any new ship to our tourist oriented cities means $$$ - while many who live in Florida will cruise Divina many others will come and stay a night or more in Miami..eat out, enjoy nightlife , tourist attractions....I am sure the idea of more Europeans visiting and staying longer is appealing too

I am the first to admit that half the time MSC staff here seems to give wrong or conflicting answers...they also often refer to "waiting for info from Genoa">> which is interesting as there is always a time lapse and maybe some language problems too??

CamofWilliamsburg.....the Mediterranean way is changing....I see your last cruise on MSC was 2011...that was my first cruise...and it was more "Med" then

2 more times on Poesia....last time in April , less Med, buffet open 20 hrs day, juices free, ice tea....also ice water and ice ice baby in cabins etc....still Mimi plus a soprano and a great tenor

Now....2 singers, one male, one female....not sure they are really "opera">> more pop??

No drinks in the theater last april - warnings - but now you can carry them in tho still no bar service LOL

The "animation" team is not as visable, and seemed to be Aussies, Canadians?? The ones I saw spoke English now

My first time on MSC it was the (old) "regions of Italy" menu = this has been changing...not sure what full menu is as I was on 3 night Nov 20 but even last spring on 7 night the menu was more "american/continental" not just Italian but of course with Italian pastas and desserts

more food "we" recognize

~~~~~~~~Sidari....as far as I know the "Miami" office is in Ft Lauderdale and always has been....they used to hire more people as cruise time drew near (often people who knew very little LOL)....but they had a small staff year round

It is still in Ft Lauderdale...I have visited...one of the guys in my group went there the day before our cruise LOL> (he lives nearby)

They have always said they are "waiting to hear from Genoa">> "need to find out from Genoa">> (like the salami LOL)....I am pretty sure that is where the head office of the cruise division is located

Genoa makes the decisons

I do think maybe they had to come in early to get the detailed coast guard inspection etc that all ships must have when they arrive in US for the first time.....perhaps the Public Relations people decided to use this time to get more coverage ?? I know that very few people knew of MSC BUT in the past weeks we have had newspaper articles...and coverage of the fireworks (smart move by MSC IMHO)

For those who live here, visiting the ports to watch ships is pretty popular....now when they brought in the Oasis of the Seas...wow - that was a party and Ft Lauderdale was buzzing....many people drive just to her and still do (Allure too)

You have to realize too - any new ship to our tourist oriented cities means $$$ - while many who live in Florida will cruise Divina many others will come and stay a night or more in Miami..eat out, enjoy nightlife , tourist attractions....I am sure the idea of more Europeans visiting and staying longer is appealing too

I am the first to admit that half the time MSC staff here seems to give wrong or conflicting answers...they also often refer to "waiting for info from Genoa">> which is interesting as there is always a time lapse and maybe some language problems too??

i was under the impression they inspected the ship over 2 days when we arrived in st Thomas, 1st day was the drill for staff & various other things of which food hygiene was one of them and they failed it, so it was a case of passing it day two obviously they did, this information came from a senior member of staff we had spoken too

Sharecruises .... Talk onboard by staff was always of the Miami office so we took it that it was based there, thanks for the info re FLL.

Maybe they will now increase the staff numbers as that office will handle all bookings for the ship.

It is not just Genoa where decisions are made it depends on which office deals with certain issues such as Naples and at least two others.

The Poesia did not have to come in a day early last November to FLL despite being inspected in St Thomas with drills carried out by the crew.

We were sat watching tv in our room at the Intercontinental on Biscayne bay prior to our second Ruby Princess cruise watching Oasis come in to FLL, that ship did not arrive a day early.

The decision to take Divina into Miami on the 19th was purely commercial without consideration for the fare paying passengers who did not pay to sit in a port a day early.

Sharecruises .... Talk onboard by staff was always of the Miami office so we took it that it was based there, thanks for the info re FLL.

Maybe they will now increase the staff numbers as that office will handle all bookings for the ship.

It is not just Genoa where decisions are made it depends on which office deals with certain issues such as Naples and at least two others.

The Poesia did not have to come in a day early last November to FLL despite being inspected in St Thomas with drills carried out by the crew.

We were sat watching tv in our room at the Intercontinental on Biscayne bay prior to our second Ruby Princess cruise watching Oasis come in to FLL, that ship did not arrive a day early.

The decision to take Divina into Miami on the 19th was purely commercial without consideration for the fare paying passengers who did not pay to sit in a port a day early.

Since we are only 30 miles apart and Miami is more famous I guess the MSC staff considers Fort Lauderdale "Miami" haha

Perhaps the Ft Lauderdale staff calls all of Italy "Genoa" just as the staff is calling all of South Florida "Miami">??? Could be...I only know that everyone in Fort Lauderdale speaks only of Genoa - to me, to travel agent etc <grin>

I did hear the omelet station failed our CG rules and they were busy moving it so no omeletes for us which made some on the 3 night upset