Formal Night w/ Kids

I envy you. We bought a nice blue blazer for our son (4), but he hated the MDR so much the first night, we had to leave early. We tried to back the second night and he would not ever walk in, so we ended up at WJ most nights. We are hoping for better results next cruise when he is a year older.

We had our 4 y/o GD along with her parents on a cruise a year ago. She went with us the first night to the MDR and did OK but did not like it. After that she wanted to go to the youth center so we took her to the WJ for an early dinner and then to the youth center. We four adults then went to dinner in the MDR. We would get her when the youth center closed. She was happy with the arrangement and we were also happy - just one happy family!

The portraits of kids all dressed up are just priceless, and I cherish all the ones I have of my son. I would still cherish them if he hadn't been dressed up, of course! But it just adds a really special touch to the photos and memories. I have a portrait of my son when he was just turning 6, in front of the Helmsman Mickey statue on formal night on the Disney Magic. He was all dressed up in his little suit, and looked just adorable. When we were back on earlier this year, I had them recreate the portrait, with my now 17yr old son looking dapper in his tux. Beyond priceless. :)

-gina-