The Royal Ride Live (Thanksgiving Week)

WendyG

Wendy,

Have an awesome holiday and love reading live from the Royal!

Had a great laugh at you sitting on the toilet fully clothed to check out the toilet paper location - what a cracker nearly chocked laughing whilst eating my lunch!)

We will also be on the B2B Xmas/New Year 14 nights to explore the Royal!

Is the Zumba included or is there an extra fee?

Please let me know if you meet a crew member from South Africa named Shane. He was on our Ruby cruise last year and my kids loved him!

Cheers Danni

I was watching the Royal leave today on the Port Everglades webcam and I gave all of you a big wave goodbye!! :p

You were lucky to leave when you did because by the time the Allure of the Seas left, it was POURING rain! Hope you have a wonderful vacation and get to escape completely. :D

Just did a back to back on the Allure then the Royal Princess which I just disembarked today.

Had an awesome time on the Royal Princess. The food was the best I've had and the internet was the worst I've had. They were working on installing additional cabling during the cruise so hopefully in the future it will improve. There were many days we couldn't connect to anything at all.

Formal nights were Tuesday (between Princess Cays and St Thomas) and Friday (day after St. Maarten).

Cindy

Do you have to cause trouble everywhere you go???????? jk

I guess we missed each other last week :(

I'm so glad Ron is cruising with you this time.

Have lots of fun and try to be nice to the Trivia staff :eek::D

We wished we were there with you!

J & D

Zumba is basically everyday at 8:30 and at 5 . They alternate the location between the Sports Deck and Princess Live. Once I get home I can confirm the schedule. I think there was only one day where there was only one class . My DW was quite pleased with the Zumba offerings. They also had a Brazilian line dance class that could be considered[ATTACH]294022[/ATTACH][ATTACH]294023[/ATTACH] Zumba lite. On the last day my DW had three Zumba/ dance classes in a 4 hr period of time.

The pictures are from Ned's Brazilian line dance class in the Piazza.

That looks like Nat, who is Brazilian, teaching the class. I'm trying to find out his full name if someone can get it for me.

Thanks.

That looks like Nat' date=' who is Brazilian, teaching the class. I'm trying to find out his full name if someone can get it for me.

Thanks.[/quote']

You are right , my fat fingers and iPad misidentified him as Ned. His real first name is Nathaniel and you are right he is Brazilian . He is truly very popular and he is an excellent instructor.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Cindy (Shipmeout), my wife and I have the identical itinerary booked for the spring for our 30th anniversary. Allure first followed by the Royal Princess. How did you find the transfer time between the two ships, or did you need to find some things to do during that morning to fill the time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just did a back to back on the Allure then the Royal Princess which I just disembarked today.

Had an awesome time on the Royal Princess.

Can you give us a comparison of your experience on them?

Having experienced both ships, which of the two would you prefer for a future cruise?

Good morning from a very rockin' and rollin' royal princess. The weather is icky (but I knew that going in) I also know I'm quite happy I don't get seasick!

So, why am I awake at 6am you ask? Because the people next door ordered room service but apparently didn't answer their door and the guy kept knocking and yelling "room service"! Reminded me of Sheldon with his three knocks saying "penny, penny, penny" I don't mind really, I wake early anyway and will soon go get coffee.

OK, Zumba today is at 8:30 and 5: 15 location center court aft 18.

There are Chanel skin care products sold in the boutiques.

I don't think there were any other questions?

Pia - I'm mad at you! LOL j/k you said Dan would still be here as DCD and he isn't, some guy named Ryan is. Sad I missed Dan :(

Only met one miserable person yesterday, around 2 pm (so she could not have been on the ship long) a lady ran by me yelling at a cabin steward in the hallway and said "can you help me? I need to use the bathroom and the ***** lights won't come on. (she was an older woman so the f bomb kinda cracked me up. I told her about the slot in the doorway and she said I can't believe this ***** s*#t. I wanted to ask her if she kissed her mother with that mouth, I mean really? Such language over lights right at the start of your vacation? Maybe I'm a little picky, I have been known to use foul language, but the poor steward just stood there no knowing what to say. I do think they should make a notation somewhere, no one knows about the lights.

Anyway, everyone else seems happy, we went to Crown Grill last night, it was ok, I think the Ruby was better, and service was very slow.

The welcome aboard show was good, they had a quick dance number, Sam chatted about the going ons, and the illusionist was David Katz and he was entertaining. I have seen him before, just not sure where.

Today it looks cruddy out there, overcast and the balcony is soaked. Me thinks we won't be going to PC today, time will tell.

Our sailaway had no rain until a little drizzle around 530. We were wrapping up our informal meet and greet by then so it was ok.

A LOT of kids onboard (wah!)

That's it for now, I need my coffee fix.....

PS: Internet connection says excellent from my cabin (R323) maybe they fixed that issue. :)

Cindy (Shipmeout), my wife and I have the identical itinerary booked for the spring for our 30th anniversary. Allure first followed by the Royal Princess. How did you find the transfer time between the two ships, or did you need to find some things to do during that morning to fill the time.

We chose a later independent disembarkation from the Allure and hung out by the pool until called off. They called us off about 9:30-9:40 and then we waited in an enormously long line to get into the terminal, found our luggage and waited again in an enormously long line to get through customs. Got outside and took a taxi over to the Royal (about 5 min) and arrived near 11 am which worked out just fine. Depending on the traffic between the piers and how your timing works out, you may need to wait a bit once at the Princess terminal but there will be no need for you to find anything to do in between.

Enjoy your Anniversary cruises!

Cindy

Good morning from a very rockin' and rollin' royal princess. The weather is icky (but I knew that going in) I also know I'm quite happy I don't get seasick!

So, why am I awake at 6am you ask? Because the people next door ordered room service but apparently didn't answer their door and the guy kept knocking and yelling "room service"! Reminded me of Sheldon with his three knocks saying "penny, penny, penny" I don't mind really, I wake early anyway and will soon go get coffee.

OK, Zumba today is at 8:30 and 5: 15 location center court aft 18.

There are Chanel skin care products sold in the boutiques.

I don't think there were any other questions?

Pia - I'm mad at you! LOL j/k you said Dan would still be here as DCD and he isn't, some guy named Ryan is. Sad I missed Dan :(

Only met one miserable person yesterday, around 2 pm (so she could not have been on the ship long) a lady ran by me yelling at a cabin steward in the hallway and said "can you help me? I need to use the bathroom and the ***** lights won't come on. (she was an older woman so the f bomb kinda cracked me up. I told her about the slot in the doorway and she said I can't believe this ***** s*#t. I wanted to ask her if she kissed her mother with that mouth, I mean really? Such language over lights right at the start of your vacation? Maybe I'm a little picky, I have been known to use foul language, but the poor steward just stood there no knowing what to say. I do think they should make a notation somewhere, no one knows about the lights.

Anyway, everyone else seems happy, we went to Crown Grill last night, it was ok, I think the Ruby was better, and service was very slow.

The welcome aboard show was good, they had a quick dance number, Sam chatted about the going ons, and the illusionist was David Katz and he was entertaining. I have seen him before, just not sure where.

Today it looks cruddy out there, overcast and the balcony is soaked. Me thinks we won't be going to PC today, time will tell.

Our sailaway had no rain until a little drizzle around 530. We were wrapping up our informal meet and greet by then so it was ok.

A LOT of kids onboard (wah!)

That's it for now, I need my coffee fix.....

PS: Internet connection says excellent from my cabin (R323) maybe they fixed that issue. :)

Awesome news about Zumba and the Brazilian line dancing. Thank you!

Don't be disappointed if Ryan (tall slim Canadian) is DCD he rocks! Had a great time with him last year. :)

Hi Wendy,

On our TA the cruise critic roll call called ourselves the Rockin Royals. (In fact, I helped write a song called Rockin Royals that was sung by the Choir, it can be searched for on YouTube:) ). Sounds like you've experienced that literally. Lol. Hope it settles down for you.

Can you please get Nat's last name for me? He's the Brazilian dance instructor. Princess needs his whole name for the commendation.

Thanks so much. Really enjoying your posts.

I love the Royal Princess. It has good karma (even though the elevator guy scolded me when I tried to touch the floor buttons. He does it. LOL

Embarkation was a breeze. My daughter dropped us off at 11:22 at the curb with our bags and we were walking on to the ship at 11:44. :)

I put my carryon thru the xray machine and I heard the guy watching the pictures ask the other guy "one bottle is ok, right?" and that other guy pointed to a table to the right and said "just go over there so they can check". There were three people at that table so I looked back and those security guys paid no attention after that so I just kept walking. :) I only had one wine bottle in my carryon so I was legal...but didn't feel like waiting on line. I had a ship to get on!!!

I love the minisuite. Yes the balcony is smaller than others but no biggie and I immediately sat on the toilet (fully clothed) and reached for the toilet paper and thought "this is what people complain about?" Really??? Also not a biggie. The bathroom is very nice, the big tvs are nice and I'm glad I read cc cause I would have been in the dark cause no one tells you the keycard has to be in the slot for the lights to work!

Will let you know on zumba and formal nights.

That's all for now...I'm off to explore!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Wendy, so glad to hear you were on board so quickly. We will be on the Royal on Dec. 8 and will be following your review closely. Noticed you were on board by 11:44. We are sailing our first cruise as Platinum so we can get priority boarding. However this a.m. received an email from Princess that we will have "progressive check in" on Dec. 8. We are on Emerald Deck and can't board until 1:30!! We're arriving a day early and checkout is noon and will be taking the hotel shuttle to the pier. Anyone else have the progressive check in at Ft. Lauderdale? We're assuming we have to sit and wait for our 1:30 boarding, but will they still let Platinum board earlier? We've never had progressive check in before.

Thanks for any info from anyone. Wendy have a wonderful cruise and hope the weather gets better.

Here's to a smooth and sunny remainder of your cruise.

We chose a later independent disembarkation from the Allure and hung out by the pool until called off. They called us off about 9:30-9:40 and then we waited in an enormously long line to get into the terminal, found our luggage and waited again in an enormously long line to get through customs. Got outside and took a taxi over to the Royal (about 5 min) and arrived near 11 am which worked out just fine. Depending on the traffic between the piers and how your timing works out, you may need to wait a bit once at the Princess terminal but there will be no need for you to find anything to do in between.

Enjoy your Anniversary cruises!

Cindy

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

However this a.m. received an email from Princess that we will have "progressive check in" on Dec. 8. We are on Emerald Deck and can't board until 1:30!! We're arriving a day early and checkout is noon and will be taking the hotel shuttle to the pier.

Arrive when you want. The staggered boarding is more a suggestion than a rule. Princess knows that people cannot change the time their flights arrive or hotels have them checkout.

Edited by caribill

We are sailing our first cruise as Platinum so we can get priority boarding. However this a.m. received an email from Princess that we will have "progressive check in" on Dec. 8.

I got the same email but if you notice it says preferred boarding pass, transfers ect are welcome to board anytime. As elite your boarding pass should say perferred boarding.

Im on the sailing so hope to meet you at the cc meet & greet or the sail away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

So, around 9 am the captain came on the loudpseaker to say the weather would be severe squalls and high winds and they were assessing the situation to see if it was safe to tender in. I thought for sure he would cancel, but nope, 20 minutes later he said they will tender in, to be careful, and expect clouds, wind, and rain for most of the day.

We did not bother to get off the ship. They did add a few activites so we had a fun-filled day, won two trivias (a lanyard and a key chain flashlight) and met some really nice people. The internet has been absolutely awful, no one could sign on all day, not sure if it was the weather or this ship, but it took 8 minutes just to load facebook. If my minutes weren't free, I'd be real mad!

The captain came on the loudspeaker again at 7 pm to let us know that the weather was severe, he was changing courses to keep us protected, and to expect a lot of movement tonight. Great! We set our clocks ahead one hour so it is now 1140 and the boat is moving alot. Not terrible, but enough to make people walk funny!

I'm really tired now so off to bed I go, (too much wine) yes the boxed wine made it :)

I will ask Sam how long she will be on for, whoever said Ryan was great was right, we adore him, and I have not found Nat yet but I will :)

Until tomorrow (assuming I can get on...)