The Royal Ride Live (Thanksgiving Week)

WendyG

May I ask the differences between the 2 docks? Have only been to St Thomas once. :o

They are at opposite ends of the bay. I was there about 5 years ago when they were finishing Crown Bay at that time and a few stores were open. It is a lillte harder to get to the center of town due to more traffic but only about 2 miles. The difference is there is a lot more stores at Havensight and is very busy . I perfer Crown Bay because it was not as crazy . We will be there in 3 wks so I will see the changes since the last time !

Just a quick note since my laptop died and no charger. :(

No one will give out Nats name, I was told that you can just put Nathaniel from the cruise staff and your sail date and he'll get recognition.

I spoke with Sam today, she turned out to be very nice, seemed a little aloof at first but a lovely woman. :) She will be on the ship until Jan 5th and Ron Goodman will take over and she comes back Mar 9th.

Nothing else to report, beautiful sea day weather, they have men are from mars and women are from venus tonight. Not sure what it is but it says 18+ so we'll check it out. Also going to the marriage gameshow and the comedian, so a busy night tonight!

Formal night tonight too, escargot and lobster on the menu. Yum :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Oh...my ONLY complaint regarding the royal is the carpet in the hallways. I never know port from starboard and I miss the pink and blue! Day 6 and still lost when I get off the elevators.

The ship is beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. :)

Oh...my ONLY complaint regarding the royal is the carpet in the hallways. I never know port from starboard and I miss the pink and blue! Day 6 and still lost when I get off the elevators.

Oh, I can totally relate;);)

Aft hallways on the Coral in July were the new style of carpet so it appears as other ship's replace carpet it's all the new pattern like on the Royal.

Kathy,

The docking schedule for Royal Princess:

March 5th - Havensight

March 12th - Crown Bay

March 19th - Havensight

March 26th - Crown Bay

You can see these at the website www (dot) vinow (dot) com, look at the Cruise Ship Schedule section. When it lists 'West Indian Co.' that's 'Havensight'.

Thanks so much for taking the time to research the schedule for me. I checked as well and wouldn't you know the week we are sailing the ship will dock at Crown Bay! Ugh!!

Hope you enjoyed your first sea day sailing back to Fla.

Kathy

The captains party was last night. He is a very nice man, he said he got on the ship with us on the 24th. He also said Tony Draper will be back onboard mid-January.

Heather is the captain circle host, she announced the top three most traveled passengers (two were doctors) :) 897 days 879 days and 866 days.

Gold - 726

Ruby - 389

Platinum - 701

and the other day she told me 263 elite but last night she said 258. Not sure what happened to the other 5 LOL

The captain drew three names for champagne prizes and I won one :D So we shall consume that this evening to toast a very enjoyable cruise and beautiful ship!

Today's patter is full of good stuff!! A cat lovers get together at 3. That made me laugh as I love my cats! Lots of trivia, we will try to catch the water show as we have not seen it yet, and we are going to the production show Spectacular tonight.

The comedian is really really good, funny and clean, he is on next week too so if you are, go see him. Very entertaining.

Ok, time for my latte.....

The captains party was last night. He is a very nice man, he said he got on the ship with us on the 24th. He also said Tony Draper will be back onboard mid-January.

Heather is the captain circle host, she announced the top three most traveled passengers (two were doctors) :) 897 days 879 days and 866 days.

Gold - 726

Ruby - 389

Platinum - 701

and the other day she told me 263 elite but last night she said 258. Not sure what happened to the other 5 LOL

The captain drew three names for champagne prizes and I won one :D So we shall consume that this evening to toast a very enjoyable cruise and beautiful ship!

Today's patter is full of good stuff!! A cat lovers get together at 3. That made me laugh as I love my cats! Lots of trivia, we will try to catch the water show as we have not seen it yet, and we are going to the production show Spectacular tonight.

The comedian is really really good, funny and clean, he is on next week too so if you are, go see him. Very entertaining.

Ok, time for my latte.....

Wendy

If you see Heather again could you ask her how long she'll be on board.

We're sailing on the Royal in February.

We've sailed with her in the past and would love to see her again.

Re - the carpeting.

I really don't get it.

It's something Princess was known for and people loved - why not continue it?

Do two colors cost more than one?

:confused: .. :confused: .. :confused:

Edited by chamima

Re - the carpeting.

I really don't get it.

Having the proper quantity of two colors costs more than just having one color.

I agree, it is a feature that was valuable to the passengers.

Where starboard (blue) meets port (red)

018121410Wherestarboardbluemeetsportred100_8871_zpsc5568aee.jpg

Hi,

I tried to post last night, but it didn't send.

To me, the carpet design (blue) kind of looked like large footprints in the middle of the smaller design. So, if going forward, they would be going ahead. I didn't see any for going aft. It just seemed whimsical and a "aha" when I looked down. And, I hadn't had any rum punch or wine, either. ;) If that wasn't the case, then maybe I needed a short or two! :D

Look down and see if you see the same thing. We were on Aloha Deck.

It will be "Time To Say Goodbye" for many of you tomorrow. I hope your cruise has been enjoyable.

Take care. Lynne

Wendy

If you see Heather again could you ask her how long she'll be on board.

We're sailing on the Royal in February.

We've sailed with her in the past and would love to see her again.

Re - the carpeting.

I really don't get it.

I initially had trouble with the carpet change as well, but my husband reminded me that if you are taking the stairs (which we always do), port is always to the right, starboard to the left. Of course that would be the opposite for elevator riders, but in any case this helped me tremendously. Hope this helps, but maybe it's too late.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are able to do it, could you please post the patters? We will be on the Royal in April, and would like to have an idea of show times, trivia times, etc.

Also will a standard business card work for the lights? One hotel that we were in last June in Europe you had to put the plastic door card in the slot. It was a pain in the neck, truth be told. Does it have to be plastic? Thanks, Anita

Just a quick note since my laptop died and no charger. :(

No one will give out Nats name, I was told that you can just put Nathaniel from the cruise staff and your sail date and he'll get recognition.

I spoke with Sam today, she turned out to be very nice, seemed a little aloof at first but a lovely woman. :) She will be on the ship until Jan 5th and Ron Goodman will take over and she comes back Mar 9th.

Nothing else to report, beautiful sea day weather, they have men are from mars and women are from venus tonight. Not sure what it is but it says 18+ so we'll check it out. Also going to the marriage gameshow and the comedian, so a busy night tonight!

Formal night tonight too, escargot and lobster on the menu. Yum :D

Ciao

I'm home! Fabulous cruise vacation. We did express walk off (had to get home to the cats) that started at 6:10! Customs was a breeze, no more than 5 seconds....best ever!

Had my last cup of coffee in the IC this morning, that piazza is amazing. I found a coffee card on the floor as I was leaving, it only had one punch on it! Score! :D

I did not get a chance to see Heather again (sorry) and yes, any folded up piece of paper will do. I felt like an idiot on day 4 when the TV wouldn't come on, you need the card in the slot for that too! The on demand tv was great, the live channels were few and far between though so not much choice there. Because it rained alot I did manage to watch two movies I hadn't seen, Identity Thief and Jack Reacher. Enjoyed both.

We had a great cabin steward, I won a bottle of champagne and I guess he saw it because the next time I came to the cabin there were two champagne flutes. THAT is what I call service! He was always happy and smiling, called us by name from the beginning, all in all did a great job, and we left him extra $$$. They work so hard!

All in all a great vacation, all of you sailing on her will be quite pleased. Yes, some thiings aren't as great as their previous ships, but so what? There are alot more pros than cons, so focus on the pros! :)

Laundry awaits.....

Thanks for your live feed! Enjoyed it very much. I sail the end of december. I hope our weather is good. This will be our first time going to the caribbean.

I would be so disappointed if it's rainy.:(. But, I will enjoy this ship! Our cabin is forward, starboard. Was the ship moving a lot on the rough sea? I am prone to motion sickness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your live feed! Enjoyed it very much. I sail the end of december. I hope our weather is good. This will be our first time going to the caribbean.

I would be so disappointed if it's rainy.:(. But, I will enjoy this ship! Our cabin is forward, starboard. Was the ship moving a lot on the rough sea? I am prone to motion sickness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are also on the Royal end of Dec forward starboard and it will be our first time to the Caribbean. It has just become Summer here in Australia so we will be leaving in 2 weeks for winter in the US hopefully it doesnt rain too much if at all whilst we are there!

Looking forward to our B2B on the Royal!

Loving Daves pictures and running commentary its priceless! Im sure you are glad you didnt Cancel Dave and are now experiencing all the pros and cons for yourself! Best way to do it! Have a fantastic time!

Cheers Danni