Cruise Director on Independence?

lauren0309

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January 19, then Mercedes Lafuente.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks Nov 17 through Nov 24, then Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date between Ken and Allan in Feb)

Anthem OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard for 6-8 weeks. Then, Joff Eaton will take over as regular CD of this ship (waiting for official announcement to confirm).

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - John Blair from November 8 through January 10, then Marc Walker January 10 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 5 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (Erky will not be returning, as he plans to marry and work as a commercial airline pilot in Turkey.)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard expects to be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June before heading over to Germany to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th, then John Eddison (sp?) from November 26 through mid-to-late January. Ricky Matthews will return in January for 4 months. (exact handover date in January?) (Daryl Dyball is returning as Activities Manager in late November)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 25 through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (exact date?) Dennis Charles from early January through early March

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rick Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 11 (then who?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13, then Jerome Sueur will be filling in for approx. 2 months until Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes November 16 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 (for 4 months? Then who?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25 (for two months?), then Anthony Richards. (need handover date between Topi and Anthony)

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente until Dec 8 then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Rico du Breil for the Panama season, Nov 11 through April 26

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Does anyone know who the new cruise director is on the Independence of the Seas? Last I heard it was Jeff Eaton but read that he left in September.

Looks like he returned beginning of November.

Yes, Joff is the regular CD of Indy. He usually has a 4 month contract followed by a two month break.

He will be off from the end of March until the end of May. I contacted him to find out if he knows who will be covering his break, and I am waiting for his reply. I will update the CD thread as soon as the info is available.

• 1 month later...

Joff is a legend, really funny guy and the first CD who actually made enough of an impression for me to remember his name!

loved his morning show, and everything else that was organised. how him and the CD staff kept us entertained for (what I think was) 8 sea days in a row on our TA I dont know... it is a testament to Joff :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app