Shame on royal princess officers

WendyG

I don't feel that the officers are obligated to attend Meet and Greets, but it sure is good PR when they do.

On our last cruise, (HAL), the Captain and Hotel Director both attended. We have been on Princess cruises where the Cruise Director and Hotel Director were both in attendance. It's nice and makes the passengers feel like Princess really cares, which equates to more bookings.

Nice, but not necessary. We always have a wonderful time with or without officers. Especially when we start stealing at the gift exchange. That is my favorite part. :)

Nice, but not necessary. We always have a wonderful time with or without officers. Especially when we start stealing at the gift exchange. That is my favorite part. :)

I think you may find that it is called Looting and pillaging as it is at sea.:rolleyes:

Why should the bridge officers attend M&G's? They probably have more important work to do. The Passenger Services Director should attend though, together with the Maitre'D or Assistant Maitre'D.

I think some of the Captains and Ship's Officers may not think much of CC Meet and Greets. Well not priority wise anyway.

Edited by NSWP

I think some of the Captains and Ship's Officers may not think much of CC Meet and Greets. Well not priority wise anyway.

I disagree, I think that if they could be there (work allowing) that they would as it builds good customer relations. The timing is normally mid morning which is a busy time for these officers, who do mingle when they can.:D

[quote name='littlesteelo']I don't get this at all. They aren't circus performers, they are ships officers. I am sure they have better things to be doing with their time, doing their jobs and making sure everything is running smoothly.

To say shame on them for not coming to your m&m is pretty offensive in my opinion, considering the hard work these people put in behind the scenes to make sure you have a good time.[/

Couldn't have said it better myself :rolleyes: