Celebrity Drink Packages Looking Better Every Day

stratixman

Greetings

The way I read the info it doesn't seem that the Ultimate RCCL package is much different than the Celebrity Premium package. The Ultimate is $65/day which includes the 15% gratuity. The Celebrity Premium is about $62 including the gratuity. The lower RCCL packages omit the coffee bar and fancy waters, but it does give an option to those who aren't big coffee/water drinkers to pay a lower price. The Select RCCL package is only $35/day plus the 15% bringing it to the $40.

Is it different? Yes, especially if you like the Classic package. If you just want just adult drinks, it may actually be better.

Good Sailing

Tom

PS It is interesting that the pages for the bev packages are now missing from the Celebrity web site. Just another web site problem or are their changes afoot?

Edited by tunaman2011

Greetings

The way I read the info it doesn't seem that the Ultimate RCCL package is much different than the Celebrity Premium package. The Ultimate is $65/day which includes the 15% gratuity. The Celebrity Premium is about $62 including the gratuity. The lower RCCL packages omit the coffee bar and fancy waters, but it does give an option to those who aren't big coffee/water drinkers to pay a lower price. The Select RCCL package is only $35/day plus the 15% bringing it to the $40.

Is it different? Yes, especially if you like the Classic package. If you just want just adult drinks, it may actually be better.

Good Sailing

Tom

PS It is interesting that the pages for the bev packages are now missing from the Celebrity web site. Just another web site problem or are their changes afoot?

You may be on to something there.:D

I just don't understand why RCCL would not include canned sodas in any of the packages. One spends $65 per day and then must pay for a can of soda (at 2.75/can). I don't care for those fountain sodas....they rarely taste the same.

On X the soda is either cans or the fountains, whichever is easiest for the bar staff (or what is asked for).:D

Clearly, RCL wins hands down for all packages: they get a souvenir Coca-Cola cup! :D

BTW, tunaman2011, the Celebrity site still shows all of the beverage package pages. I was looking at them yesterday and went back just now to double check after reading your post.

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

Here is the page for Celebrity's beverage packages on their website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

Clearly, RCL wins hands down for all packages: they get a souvenir Coca-Cola cup! :D

BTW, tunaman2011, the Celebrity site still shows all of the beverage package pages. I was looking at them yesterday and went back just now to double check after reading your post.

Greetings

Yes the pages are there if you view them using IE 10 (or maybe the other browsers). It seems the site does not work properly with IE 11. Took me a while to figure out why most the pages were missing. Maybe by the time IE 12 is released they will have it updated, but we all know how good they are about maintaining the web site.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Yes the pages are there if you view them using IE 10 (or maybe the other browsers). It seems the site does not work properly with IE 11. Took me a while to figure out why most the pages were missing. Maybe by the time IE 12 is released they will have it updated, but we all know how good they are about maintaining the web site.

Good Sailing

Tom

In fact, I'm using Chrome on a Mac running Mavericks. The pages also show for me with Safari and on all of my iDevices. Sounds like a problem with IE11, not the website. For once! :D

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

You may be right Tom, the website is always having issues with one system or another.:D

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

Someone on another thread pointed out that setting IE11 in compatibility mode takes care of issues like this with various web sites. If IE11 encounter such problems just click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, select "Compatibility View Settings" and add the current website to it then reload the page.

Edited by Lsimon

Someone on another thread pointed out that setting IE11 in compatibility mode takes care of issues like this with various web sites. If IE11 encounter such problems just click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, select "Compatibility View Settings" and add the current website to it then reload the page.

Great advice, I may get my tablet to work better instead of relying on the PC.:D

I'm trying to decide if the drink package would be worth it, any opinions?

Thanks, sheri

If you are unsure, then drink for a day or two and then see if your drinking pattern is better suited (cheaper) to a package. If it is, purchase the type that gives you the best benefits, if not pay as you go.:D

If you tend to drink enough to make the package work, you probably also tend to lose count about halfway through. At least that's my experience... ;););)

LOL, but I just check the account in the morning when I can see/think straight again. :D

Just took advantage of the 1-2-3 being offered and took the drink package. My husband does not drink but I was told that I had to buy the alcohol package for him as well in order for me to get it. Is that true? I saw somewhere just now that a couple was able to get the alcohol package for the husband and the non alcoholic package for the wife. Does anyone know if this can be done on Celebrity Summit?

Just took advantage of the 1-2-3 being offered and took the drink package. My husband does not drink but I was told that I had to buy the alcohol package for him as well in order for me to get it. Is that true? I saw somewhere just now that a couple was able to get the alcohol package for the husband and the non alcoholic package for the wife. Does anyone know if this can be done on Celebrity Summit?

It can be done if purchasing but as this is a promotion and you are getting it for free with a booking then both people in the cabin need to have the same perk.:D

Well, it wasn't exactly free. We lost our original booking rate and had to go to the current rate. So it cost us an additional 398.00. That was for two alcoholic packages and a non alcoholic package for our 12 year old son. Was it smart to do or did I mess up?

Well, it wasn't exactly free. We lost our original booking rate and had to go to the current rate. So it cost us an additional 398.00. That was for two alcoholic packages and a non alcoholic package for our 12 year old son. Was it smart to do or did I mess up?

That really depends on your families drinking habits and the length of the cruise. If you think that you would have racked up a bigger bill by buying drinks as you go or if you would have bought drink packages anyway, then it was a smart move (potentially saving hundreds or more).

If not then, maybe it wasn't so great. It is done now so just enjoy the cruise and drink whatever you want on the package knowing that it is paid for.:D