Riveria On Board Temps

wrl001

In my opinion, it depends upon what your wife is used to. I took my thermometer with me on Oceania as I dislike warm ships. The average temperature was 72 degrees F. The air conditioning was on and people not accustomed to living in air conditioning found it cold. I found it hot as we keep our home at 67 degrees F. Also, if you enter a restaurant or lounge when it is empty, it will seem colder. A full restaurant feels much warmer.

Agree that a pashmina or light sweater would help. For people like me, suggest you do not wear warm clothing at dinner, in the lounges or in the theater as it is quite warm.:)

On the Riviera now and the first two days out of Barcelona the temp was great. Since then, it has been about 3 - 4 degrees too warm for us.

As a general rule, the cooler it is, you have two benefits. The first, less transmission of viruses and bacteria. The second, the increased warmth is just begging for sea sickness in rough water.

Like food, most people will have differing opinions on the proper temp, but overall the ship is just a little too warm because of the above 2 issues. I am comfortable in short sleeves, but long sleeves trying to eat hot food gets miserable by the end of the meal.

Of the two extremes, one is much easier to adjust for (add clothes) than the other (remove clothes).

DJC