Carnival Sunshine Naming Ceremony and Inaugural US Cruise

Sargent_Schultz

Bill, I have a question for you regarding this picture:

I've never seen those structures in the water on any of the other Carnival ships. What's up with that? Are those there all the time, even during the day? Or is that something that is temporarily inserted in to the pool at night so that entertainers can dance on them and appear to be walking on water?

It would seem like those would be in the way during the day when people were trying to use the pool.

AFAIK, there are permanent and always there, Jim. They were even there last May before the pool opened.

DSC_0424_Zyde.jpg

It appears to me the pool gets shallower after the obstacles so perhaps they are to alert people besides being fun to walk on? Good question that I don't know the answer to.

DSC_8059_Zyde.jpg

Until Carnival cancelled the real April 12 inaugural cruise of Carnival Sunshine, we were scheduled on an Eastern Med cruise that included Istanbul.

The only one I've been on this century was the 2007 Carnival Freedom Inaugural.

We were on that cruise too.........I'm really looking forward to the Sunshine it looks like there are lots of great places to hang out.....I will miss the Pub Grub though.

I'm interested in the new menu's, but will really miss the soups that I've come to love........and I'm not a fan of table side service even in land based restaurants........

I still miss the Holiday. Plus I have no desire to fly to Miami. :D

While I have never sailed the Holiday, we were next to her in Costa Maya (she did look dwarfed against some much larger ships), we feel the same way about the Celebration (our first sail).

Loved seeing your photos of the view of New Orleans from The Sunshine. I used to live in Harvey and I've traveled the GNO bridge quite a few times. I've also traveled on the river multiple times via the ferry and The Delta Queen. I am so excited to be able to see the view from The Sunshine. We were on The Sunshine for a Med cruise in September (our first cruise) and we now have a cruise booked on her leaving NO. I can not wait to see that view for myself and travel down The Mississippi on The Sunshine. Your pictures are making me even more excited...just like following your Med review in May. Actually, I'm not sure what has me more excited...the cruise or knowing we're going to tackle the big fried seafood platter at Deanie's in Bucktown. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Ha ha.

Thanks for sharing your photos and review!

Loved seeing your photos of the view of New Orleans from The Sunshine. I used to live in Harvey and I've traveled the GNO bridge quite a few times. I've also traveled on the river multiple times via the ferry and The Delta Queen. I am so excited to be able to see the view from The Sunshine. We were on The Sunshine for a Med cruise in September (our first cruise) and we now have a cruise booked on her leaving NO. I can not wait to see that view for myself and travel down The Mississippi on The Sunshine. Your pictures are making me even more excited...just like following your Med review in May. Actually, I'm not sure what has me more excited...the cruise or knowing we're going to tackle the big fried seafood platter at Deanie's in Bucktown. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Ha ha.

Thanks for sharing your photos and review!

You're welcome and thank you!

There is also a Deanie's in the FQ, if you didn't know.

You'll have the best of both worlds and get to enjoy both!

1385139_10151665003110965_1498415963_n.jpg

You're welcome and thank you!

There is also a Deanie's in the FQ, if you didn't know.

You'll have the best of both worlds and get to enjoy both!

1385139_10151665003110965_1498415963_n.jpg

That is EXACTLY what my mouth is watering for. I can't wait!!! Bucktown is my favorite and I doubt we will go to the FQ this trip...been there, done that enough. We will be staying in Abita Springs before this cruise so Bucktown is actually closer to us. Did I mention I can't wait?!!! Thanks for the photo, it is just like I remember, only thing missing is the boiled potatos. We are going during crawfish season and will have a crawfish boil so I can eat crawfish till I make myself sick...and I probably will... AHHHH...:D

That is EXACTLY what my mouth is watering for. I can't wait!!! Bucktown is my favorite and I doubt we will go to the FQ this trip...been there, done that enough. We will be staying in Abita Springs before this cruise so Bucktown is actually closer to us. Did I mention I can't wait?!!! Thanks for the photo, it is just like I remember, only thing missing is the boiled potatos. We are going during crawfish season and will have a crawfish boil so I can eat crawfish till I make myself sick...and I probably will... AHHHH...:D

The potatoes are a complementary appetizer. The Abita, not so much.

P1100902.JPG

pb19 you said you were going during crawfish season . When is crawfish season & for how long? I know it is temperature dependent but usually?

Am I too early for the first week in Feb?

I really really was looking forward to that!

pb19 you said you were going during crawfish season . When is crawfish season & for how long? I know it is temperature dependent but usually?

Am I too early for the first week in Feb?

I really really was looking forward to that!

February is at the beginning of the crawfish season. They will not be big yet and might be a little hard to peal but you'll definitely be able to find some at that time. The season usually wraps up in June with April and May being the peak of the season.

February is at the beginning of the crawfish season.

Sometimes, like last year, they come in earlier - they showed up in early January - BUT...

They will not be big yet and might be a little hard to peal but you'll definitely be able to find some at that time.

What he said!

Sarge I enjoy your reviews especially your photos. I see that you take a lot of photos in the showroom. I have tried also but have been accosted by crew that told me that it is prohibited to take photos for copyright legal reasons. How do you do it? We were asked to give up our photos on the Splendor two weeks ago.

Sarge I enjoy your reviews especially your photos. I see that you take a lot of photos in the showroom. I have tried also but have been accosted by crew that told me that it is prohibited to take photos for copyright legal reasons. How do you do it? We were asked to give up our photos on the Splendor two weeks ago.

Most (all?) of Sarge's photo's appear to be of "allowed" performances - Welcome Aboard shows, christening, intros, Captains & Past Guest parties, etc - it's the production shows that they don't want you recording (for exammple, by holding you small digital camera near you chest and pointing it at the stage without looking through it). That said, the worst that ever happened to me I mean someone I know was a finger waggling from Jeremy... :p