Breakfast in MDR vs Brunch

somesong12

Morning!

Can someone please explain to me what the deal is with the Breakfast in the MDR's versus Brunch ( is it at the Punchliners club?)

When we have previously sailed, we would get a really early delivery of a few items from room service then go to the MDR for some Eggs Benedict, waffle, pancakes, whatever. We LOVE the MDR breakfast and how you can pick your seat, sit by the big windows and enjoy the seas!

Can we still do that daily?

OR, what is the Brunch in the Punchliners club?

I am trying to figure this all out and explain it to my parents since this is their first sailing.

Morning!

Can someone please explain to me what the deal is with the Breakfast in the MDR's versus Brunch ( is it at the Punchliners club?)

When we have previously sailed, we would get a really early delivery of a few items from room service then go to the MDR for some Eggs Benedict, waffle, pancakes, whatever. We LOVE the MDR breakfast and how you can pick your seat, sit by the big windows and enjoy the seas!

I am trying to figure this all out and explain it to my parents since this is their first sailing.

Hi we just came off the splendor last week, The Brunch is served only on Sea days , the MDR for breakfast & lunch is closed on those morns... but you can get eggs benedict and all great items at the brunch, you can request a table by the window also, Brunch is served first come first serve basis and starts @ 8 or 830 until 1pm

Morning!

Brunch is not on every ship, it's only on sea days, from about 0830-1300. The menus are more limited, but Eggs Benedict is on the brunch menu. It is in the MDR.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I go to the MDR every day for breakfast, I don't care what they call it breakfast/brunch. I either get a combination omlette or eggs benedict if it's breakfast time, or if I go back in the early afternoon for lunch I like the pasta and the salmon.

I go to the MDR every day for breakfast, I don't care what they call it breakfast/brunch. I either get a combination omlette or eggs benedict if it's breakfast time, or if I go back in the early afternoon for lunch I like the pasta and the salmon.

We also love the MDR for breakfast or lunch or brunch but just a note to everyone that does not know, that the Brunch is held in only one of the Main dining rooms, On the Splendor it was the Gold Pearl downstairs only. That was not our MDR for Dinner

We just got back from Breeze and loved the brunch. Great presentation for the dishes. omelettes made to order, steak and eggs (with small piece of filet) nice soup, bacon mac and cheese, great desserts, nice fruit platter, waffles, pancakes and many other options. i highly recommend it if you don't mind a leisurely mid morning meal.

Was on the Magic last week and had Brunch the last sea day. I was personally disappointed with the service. It was only one MDR serving brunch and all the tables were NOT filled, but it took us (there were 4 of us) asking several times to be served coffee. Then we had free drink coupons for being past guests and it took 25 MINUTES to get our drinks.

The eggs Benedict were wonderful, and I really enjoyed my waffles but just don't plan on getting out of brunch soon. My opinion of ONE ship and ONE instance of course. And the chocolate pancakes my son ordered were a disappointment. He counted 15 chocolate chips among 4 pancakes but they did drizzle Hershey's syrup over the stack.

My daughter discovered the Lox & bagels from room service, and now every morning...... She just loves them![/quo

My Granddaughter discovered the BLUE BERRY PANCAKES she had them ever sea day. She swears they were the best pancakes she has ever had.

L enjoy going to the dinning room for breakfast no matter what they call it.

The ol'man won't go so that is my time to sit by a window & yes I will share. meet some really nice people at breakfast.

Char

• 3 weeks later...
They are phasing out the comedy club (Punchliners) portion of the brunch. Have renamed it SeaDay brunch.

Since Carnival is putting it in almost every ship...and some of them not having the Comedy Club...I was thinking that might be the reason they changed the name of the Brunch. :):):):)

Morning!

Here is the Sea Day Brunch Menu. I like the Filet Mignon (2nd page titled steak-n-eggs). :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

The pork chop and steak and eggs were wonderful on Freedom recently. Gorgonzola sauce on the chop was great! The small steak was of high quality. I hope someone is having both this morning. Merry Christmas!

Brunch is not on every ship, it's only on sea days, from about 0830-1300. The menus are more limited, but Eggs Benedict is on the brunch menu. It is in the MDR.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I was on the Splendor this month. You can order other breakfast items that aren't on the menu at brunch. We always got oatmeal. Best thing to do is make a request if you don't see it on the brunch menu and chances are they'll have it.

I once went to the brunch a little before 8:30 am and the lobby outside the dining room was packed. I returned 10 minutes later and no line. So no need to get there early. You'll be seated immediately if you wait for the herd to pass.

I agree about both the steak & eggs and the pork chop. I was able to request poached instead of fried eggs with the steak. One day we had breakfast I the morning and then returned at 12:30 pm for lunch. Best lunch we had on the 8 day cruise. Much prefer to have table service than deal with the crowds at the buffet. It's funny how the deli doesn't seem to be too busy at lunch but the minute they shut the buffet down the line at the deli gets huge.

Edited by cruise pup

Try the funny French toast (I think that's what it is called). I ordered the French toast coated in frosted flakes and it was awesome! I was sad I discovered it on the last day :(

My 23 year old daughter absolutely LOVES the french toast that is coated with cereal. I keep saying I'm going to try to replicate it at home, but get caught up with doing other stuff!