Dining Waitlist

Jbird81

What do you think the chances of getting a confirmed dining spot is for 5:30 dining on the Crown Princess? We are waitlist #9 right now, but see there's some people in the 200s for waitlisting numbers. Do you think there's a high chance of getting the early dining?

You didn't say when you are cruising. But I'd guess your chances are good if you have a few weeks.

We were moved off our waitlist a month ago for our Crown Jan cruise. The highest we were was in the 70's. Dropped once to 5o something and then moved off and confirmed a couple weeks later. If you don't get moved off, see the maitre d asap on embarking day.

Edited by eandj

If you don't get the assigned dining, seeing the maitre d' isn't too bad if you don't have a large number in your party. When I've had to change our table assignment, it's been easy since there's just the two of us. I've noticed that families with six or eight ahead of me in line couldn't be accommodated immediately. The maitre d' has always taken their requests and told them that he would let them know.

For anyone else reading this, I was surprised to see that we were on W/L for Early Dining when we booked in mid-August for Feb 7th (Emerald). At that time, there was still plenty of cabins and all. I had a very good priority number with our initial res, but when we went with a TA for better pricing than mother Princess, we went to back of the line. Both TA and Princess rep felt we would have no issue at all moving up the list to confirmed.

Their confidence made me confident and sure as anything, as we approached final payment date, we came up and up and then confirmed for Early 6pm. Meanwhile, the wait list grew to over 100.

Moral - if you have the time ... you will move up the list and get confirmed. Otherwise, do as suggested above and get with the MD' on embarkation day.

but when we went with a TA for better pricing than mother Princess, we went to back of the line.

Ifr this was just a transfer of the reservation to the TA, that should not have happened.

If you had to cancel and rebook, it would happen.

Edited by caribill

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get the perfect table for you!:)

Thanks! Usually we get the nosebleed tables, our first cruise we were in some dark corner of the restaurant beside the doors to the kitchen, and the second we got a good booth table after talking to the Maitre'd because it was a similar situation :P

We got moved to #17 on the list now...so I have no idea what's going on lol.

I just read recently that happened to another poster. No one here could really explain why that happens. Maybe some group booking moved uip...who knows. :rolleyes:

If there are only two of you, it will be pretty easy to get switched. Larger groups, not so much. Just head to see the maitre d as sonn as he is avail. It will be listed in the "newspaper" in your cabin. Good luck.