PowerAde-included in the Premium package?

jamies78

We are sailing on the Independence in March, and this ship does not have the Freestyle machines. We have a friend who needs Powerade daily. Anyone know if the Powerade bottles are included in any of the drink packages? If not, how much does one bottle cost?

We are sailing on the Independence in March, and this ship does not have the Freestyle machines. We have a friend who needs Powerade daily. Anyone know if the Powerade bottles are included in any of the drink packages? If not, how much does one bottle cost?

I could be wrong, but I cannot recall seeing Powerade for sale. If this is a medical issue, your friend should contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] to make arrangements.

I drink a bottle of Gatorade everyday and was told by the special needs department to carry a pack on (I was told that they don't have and can't get Gatorade on ships). I brought a package of 8 with me on the cruise that I went on from 11/26-12/6 on GOS. No problems. I did ask the special needs department to note my account just in case though. No doctor's note needed. I had no problem carrying them (I had them in plain sight in my hand) through security and wasn't even asked about them.

I tried the tablets in the past, but they aren't the same.

Your friend shouldn't have a problem carrying a reasonable amount onboard. Just have them call the special needs department and ask them to note their permission to bring them on his account.

Edited by Yenom

I drink a bottle of Gatorade everyday and was told by the special needs department to carry a pack on (I was told that they don't have and can't get Gatorade on ships). I brought a package of 8 with me on the cruise that I went on from 11/26-12/6 on GOS. No problems. I did ask the special needs department to note my account just in case though. No doctor's note needed. I had no problem carrying them (I had them in plain sight in my hand) through security and wasn't even asked about them.

I tried the tablets in the past, but they aren't the same.

Your friend shouldn't have a problem carrying a reasonable amount onboard. Just have them call the special needs department and ask them to note their permission to bring them on his account.

They CAN get powerade though, with enough notice. Powerade is a Coca-Cola product, while gatorade is not.