RCI - Romance Packages

RavaRiles

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased the "just married" stateroom decorations as a surprise for my wife to be along with some chocolate strawberries be in the room on our arrival and just noticed the romance packages that they have available for purchase.

Can anyone tell me if they have purchased a romance package before and what they thought about them ???

One of the romance packages costs £430 / 679 dollars !!! Not that I am a cheapskate but could put that amount of money towards drinks packages for the two of us.

Any tips or advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Ian

I purchased the grand romance package for my wife as a surprise for our 30th anniversary. Glad i did, I thought it was worth the price. I know on weekends she will use robe as she gets out of the shower. Sometimes she'll walk out to the kitchen and ask for the drink of the day.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

Is there a wesbite with pictures or description of the different packages and other gifts and gear items? Every time I've looked I can only find the name and price of the packages?

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased the "just married" stateroom decorations as a surprise for my wife to be along with some chocolate strawberries be in the room on our arrival and just noticed the romance packages that they have available for purchase.

Can anyone tell me if they have purchased a romance package before and what they thought about them ???

One of the romance packages costs £430 / 679 dollars !!! Not that I am a cheapskate but could put that amount of money towards drinks packages for the two of us.

Any tips or advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Ian

Congratulations!

We also had the Grand Romance package for our 30 th Anniversary and loved it! The only downside was fitting those big plush robes in our suitcases! :D the photo frame is also very nice and the Champagne was delicious! If you do purchase the package, you will enjoy it!

Tara

The robes were one size fits all.

Besides the 2 robes, we also received 4 or 6 cupcakes, one flower arrangement, one bottle champagne, 1 room service breakfast (not from the regular room service menu) with a choice of Mimosa and Bloody Marys. And on each (2) formal nights pre dinner canapes and after dinner desserts. There may have been other things that I can't remember. Royal should have something on their website with a full description and cost.

I thought it was worth the price, and my wife really appreciated all the stuff.

Craig

Congratulations!

We also had the Grand Romance package for our 30 th Anniversary and loved it! The only downside was fitting those big plush robes in our suitcases! :D the photo frame is also very nice and the Champagne was delicious! If you do purchase the package, you will enjoy it!

Tara

We had to buy a small carry on bag in St. Maarten to be able to carry the robes back! On our most recent cruise I got the Romance package rather than the Grand because we didn't need the robes again. Also the regular romance package comes with petit-fors and canapes on one formal night rather than two. They messed up however and brought it to us on both nights!

I bought the Classic Romance package for hubby for our first RCI cruise in 2010 and he liked it so much he requested it for our transpacific in September of this year :-)

From the website -

"This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner and delicious petit fours after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise and a silver-framed, 20.3 x 25.4 cm (8" x 10") keepsake portrait."

On Rhapsody we actually received Red Velvet cupcakes, Radiance in September we got the advertised vanilla.

All very lovely :D

I bought the Classic Romance package for hubby for our first RCI cruise in 2010 and he liked it so much he requested it for our transpacific in September of this year :-)

From the website -

"This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner and delicious petit fours after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise and a silver-framed, 20.3 x 25.4 cm (8" x 10") keepsake portrait."

On Rhapsody we actually received Red Velvet cupcakes, Radiance in September we got the advertised vanilla.

I think we had a similar package gifted to us last week on the Oasis. We had the bottle of champagne, the red velvet cupcakes, the canapes on both formal nights, and the free silver frame/portrait from the cruise. We also had decorations in the cabin, a thing hanging over the bed, another thing that looked like a chandelier, and a 3rd table top thing lol. I dont know what to call them, but they all had bells on them (we got married on embarkation day). Also on the outside door it said "Celebrate Love".

I purchased one of the romance packages 6 weeks ago and nothing has been charged to my card and nothing is showing on my online reservation. I did receive an email thanking me for my order but nothing else. Is this normal? I am hoping it will show up as requested and be charged to my seapass card??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I purchased one of the romance packages 6 weeks ago and nothing has been charged to my card and nothing is showing on my online reservation. I did receive an email thanking me for my order but nothing else. Is this normal? I am hoping it will show up as requested and be charged to my seapass card??

I would call Gifts & Gear and confirm the order. They are usually very quick (instantly) to charge the credit card. Someone else posted a similar report and it turned out the order had been lost.

The same thing happened to me. It showed up on our bill at the end of the cruise. I called to confirm and was told to just bring the printed email confirmation. We never needed the print out. Everything was there as we had ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

I also was not charged for the Grand Romance Package so I emailed Gifts ans Gear and was told all floral arrangements and Romance Packages are on hold and nothing is to be put through at the moment. I also noticed that both Floral Arrangements and Romance Packages are now missing off of the online ordering sheet and completely removed from the website.

This could be because this is an Australian cruise, but not sure.

Does anyone have any additional information on what may be happening with Romance Packages?

Cheers,

Scott

After much searching, I understand that RCCL has put a hold on all International Floral Arrangements and Romance Packages.

If anyone has more information on this it would be much appreciated.

I ordered before they disappeared, but have been told RCCL has instructed Gifts and Gear not to process any for the moment. Very annoying that RCCL has not really communicated this or the reason, I found out because I did not see the charge on my CC bill.

Hoping they are just upgrading the options, but my cruise is next week, so I am not holding my breath that this will be resolved by then.

I guess I will need to create my own romance ;-)

Scott

Both Floral Arrangements and Romance Packages are back. I received an email from Gifts & Gear this morning saying they are now allowed to process floral and romance packages. I noticed they are now back online as well.

My cruise leaves tomorrow, so I have made other arrangements to show my love, so RCCL has lost out on that $200 sale.

Not handled well, but at least flowers are back.

From the website -

We were gifted this package from my parents for our honeymoon. My DH and I loved it!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
I just went to purchase the Grand Romance package and see it is no longer available. Any thoughts to something comparable? I've don't the GR the last two RCCL cruises and hoped to order it for June.

I am interested as well...I was going to order the package using my RCI Reward points on our Sept 2015 Oasis of the Seas cruise but it is not on RCI's website (I hate to waste my points on a package they wont have).

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/home.do

Interesting, they should really advertise this more, I never knew about these packages.

Is the Room Decor in the Anniversary Romance packages the same as the stand alone Happy Anniversary Room Decor Package?

NON-DELUXE Package includes:

1 Magnetic Door Decoration

1 Mirror Cling

1 Wire Photo Cable w/Clips

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

DELUXE Package includes:

1 Magnetic Door Decoration

1 Set of Pillow Cases

1 Beach Towel

1 Mirror Cling

1 Wire Photo Cable w/Clips

2 Hanging Ceiling Decor

1 Photo Frame

It most likely won't show up on your reservation and/or cc# so it won't be a buzz kill for your spouse!