“Live” from the "Brilliance of the Seas": December 12-16,2013

Couple things I want to note on that I guess I should do before this wonderful cruise lapses to far and I forget more than I'm sure I already have.

Overall I loved this ship and cruise ever as much as the Jewel of the Seas...

However... I "Love" the Jewel of the Seas a lot more for some different reasons.

Now the comments I make will change though once the Jewel receives her upgrades, but until that happens that ship the way she is now will have a special place in my heart. :D

Overall, I think the Jewel of the Seas is a more brighter and a cheerier ship than the Brilliance. Now I now the darker burgundy rugs are part of the upgrades and they too were on the Enchantment when I sailed her in July.

I much prefer the Champagne bar on Jewel vice Vintages in its place on the Brilliance. That whole area now to me just seems so much darker, though the seats and stuff nice.

Iszumi's was nice, but with them placing it where they do its kind of out of the way and think people seem to forget its there and have to hunt for it. On the Jewel it has that other type restaurant and its quite nautical and I think adds a bit more ship feel which I thought was neat.

I missed Rita's on Allure and was looking forward to trying it on Brilliance. This too seemed like a miss and was always pretty "empty". I asked the bartender there if it was always dead and he said its only busy during some lunches.

Other than that it was another super Royal Caribbean cruise and I can't wait for my next cruise! :D:D:D

Couple things I want to note on that I guess I should do before this wonderful cruise lapses to far and I forget more than I'm sure I already have.

Overall I loved this ship and cruise ever as much as the Jewel of the Seas...

However... I "Love" the Jewel of the Seas a lot more for some different reasons.

Now the comments I make will change though once the Jewel receives her upgrades, but until that happens that ship the way she is now will have a special place in my heart. :D

Overall, I think the Jewel of the Seas is a more brighter and a cheerier ship than the Brilliance. Now I now the darker burgundy rugs are part of the upgrades and they too were on the Enchantment when I sailed her in July.

I much prefer the Champagne bar on Jewel vice Vintages in its place on the Brilliance. That whole area now to me just seems so much darker, though the seats and stuff nice.

Iszumi's was nice, but with them placing it where they do its kind of out of the way and think people seem to forget its there and have to hunt for it. On the Jewel it has that other type restaurant and its quite nautical and I think adds a bit more ship feel which I thought was neat.

I missed Rita's on Allure and was looking forward to trying it on Brilliance. This too seemed like a miss and was always pretty "empty". I asked the bartender there if it was always dead and he said its only busy during some lunches.

Other than that it was another super Royal Caribbean cruise and I can't wait for my next cruise! :D:D:D

How much his Ritas for lunch?

How did I miss this?! Loved it! I think you have a lot of us big ship people looking at the Radiance class now! :D

This class is great, I would never pass up an opportunity to sail on any of them.:) I did miss my Lady Allure though. Just getting off her just a couple weeks before this cruise didn't help that out at all. Can't wait to get back on Lady Allure during 2014. :D:D Did you see my Allure Live, Swim? That was such an epic cruise and the live from doesn't even remotely demonstrate all the great things and fun and adventures of that cruise. :D

How much his Ritas for lunch?

I'm not really sure. I sat there with some nice folks I met from my CC roll call that got a few "snacks" but I didn't look that closely at the menu. I meant to take a picture of it too. Do know it's not the same experience and such as like on Allure.

I am sorry---we did not keep the pillow menus we received from the main dining room! (wish we had)---Day 2 was formal night confirmed--all other was casual.

Interesting, in the MDR, out of the 4 dining evenings, we went to Chops on the last night; the 3 in the MDR, I ate 1 of their specialty dinner options and 2 nights, I just ordered from the basic-everyday options......good food but not any different from RCCL food options hence why I got the pasta one night and prime rib the first evening.

Ship is in terrific shape-----staff very helpful and accommodating!

Lounges are fantastic.......suite steward was tremendous! Windjammer layout and food were the best on this RCCL ship we have had including the outdoor tables to sit---gorgeous (9 RCCL cruises)

We really missed the Promenade as the Centrum was just not large enough to handle the people when shows were done there---

Not really a place to get snacks (Pizza, etc) when you wanted a bite....

We have 3 sons (22, 19, 17) and they missed having Jacuzzis open whenever--when whirlpools were open, they were always crowded as there are only 3 and they are tiny......

Last, be aware, the automatic application of C&A member discounts was not very operational on this cruise----4/5 were missed and we had to go back and tussle with customer service to get them applied---never did get internet credit applied after 3 tries/60 minutes---don't know if this was just this cruise issue or if it is a larger issue but be aware to ASK for your discounts up-front--not a major issue but just know fyi.

Have a great cruise!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have read thru, I think all of your posts but can't find anything about your Bar Hop experience. Post #? I am booked for 2/4 next week at 10:00 am Cozumel time. Arrival time at Cozumel is 9:00 am.

Do you know if the ship stays on Florida time when in Cozumel?

I have read thru, I think all of your posts but can't find anything about your Bar Hop experience. Post #? I am booked for 2/4 next week at 10:00 am Cozumel time. Arrival time at Cozumel is 9:00 am.

Do you know if the ship stays on Florida time when in Cozumel?

Hi Dunfer- It appears I've got a bunch of my posts and pictures deleted from this thread, which is very odd. I'll re-upload my Bar Hop experience and post them later this week. That experience is well worth it and one not to miss. The hosts of the bar hop adapt to the ship you are sailing on so they make sure you are back in plenty of time to sail off so no need to fear. The ships thought that I've sailed on to Cozumel have stayed on ship time. Look for my time in Mexico pics to be posted later this week once I get them up on to my account on Photo Bucket.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Cozumel & the Cozumel Bar Hop.

Was such a beautiful day.

F3C4466D-0DE9-41D7-A863-6D00ADA87B12_zpszk2p4ck1.jpg

F198BADB-C572-4AD3-85DB-E4806CE86241_zpsh3t8iktv.jpg

Was a nice walk from the from the International Pier to the down town Pier. We had a meet up at Carlos and Charlies for the bar hop.

080F6EF2-DB1F-42D0-BDA2-A506C431FB0C_zpsfbfcfk95.jpg

There was a ceremony going on along my nice walk.

F41AAF30-3F2D-4AE3-9730-AEC8C6CF0AD6_zpseatxogzw.jpg

There is a new Hooters in Cozumel.

07BA4B01-22D3-43FA-AF23-74C11B23B3F2_zps2zxasmpx.jpg

7E8A290C-3BB1-4406-B8C5-24E424334E14_zpscpfgmol5.jpg

To kick start the bar hop, Carlos & Charlies gave us all a free shot in hopes that we would return there for a buy one get one free drink special at the end of the hop. Know the shot glass says Senor Frogs, but they are one in the same here. Senor Frogs is on the end level and Carlos is on the first level.

3D5386EC-D85F-4C8E-AB68-D7AD84259560_zps0ek9ke0v.jpg

We all then made our way to our very comfortable bus.

066F17DF-8914-4452-BC48-B4CEFAB7EF38_zpszb14vtj3.jpg

F07A340D-AAF5-4900-8CE4-C32737F575A4_zpsbhselmv7.jpg

Our first of four bars in the very remote parts of the island where there isn't any general electricity.

54734E51-5DEF-4D5D-80F6-E3C5B0106204_zpski0kfvfj.jpg

02D48554-5280-451A-BA81-DB775A77B56F_zpsvmpumefd.jpg

B0D101C4-284F-43CA-9685-94D20694AFD0_zpsyyvnxp3b.jpg

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'll be sailing on Brilliance in just 10 (almost 9 now) days and I loved seeing this!

We love this class ship...we've sailed on Radiance and are so looking forward to sailing on Brilliance and also enjoying some nice warm temperatures. (it's 10 degrees here tonight)

Thanks again!