Seat 16C or16H

Ethel5

This looks like it would be a good seat with extra leg room but SeatGuru has mixed colors on it. This is a Boeing 777/200 3 class flight on British Air. Does anyone have any info on this?

The mixed colors come from the fact that because there's no seat in front of them, the armrests are fixed and the tray table and video screen are in the armrests. BA's seats are already quite narrow, so the fixed armrests mean you have even less room for your tushie. You also won't be able to store anything on the floor during takeoff/landing.

The mixed colors come from the fact that because there's no seat in front of them, the armrests are fixed and the tray table and video screen are in the armrests. BA's seats are already quite narrow, so the fixed armrests mean you have even less room for your tushie. You also won't be able to store anything on the floor during takeoff/landing.

I knew about the tray table but not the video screen. My "tushie" isn't that big but my tummy is! I really hate having some tall guy in front of me jamming his seat back into my face. No, I can't afford a higher class tix. What to do? What to do? :)

If you need the extra space for your body, it seems there are two choices.

1. Book the seat with more space, forgoing some things such as under seat storage.

2. Cut back on something else to buy a higher class seat.

I would not expect the person in front of you to not recline because you didn't choose wisely.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

If you need the extra space for your body, it seems there are two choices.

1. Book the seat with more space, forgoing some things such as under seat storage.

2. Cut back on something else to buy a higher class seat.

I would not expect the person in front of you to not recline because you didn't choose wisely.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Actually, I don't need extra space for my body. It fits just fine in standard air seats. I am claustrophobic and can't breathe when the seat in front of me is reclined and then some. One guy kept pushing it so hard he hurt my knee. I don't expect pax to not recline, I do expect them to be polite. I don't keep a lot of stuff with me so I don't need under seat storage. Thank you for your concern.

Actually, I don't need extra space for my body. It fits just fine in standard air seats. I am claustrophobic and can't breathe when the seat in front of me is reclined and then some. One guy kept pushing it so hard he hurt my knee. I don't expect pax to not recline, I do expect them to be polite. I don't keep a lot of stuff with me so I don't need under seat storage. Thank you for your concern.

When you stated My "tushie" isn't that big but my tummy is!" I thought you were saying that you needed the extra space for your belly.

I am also claustrophobic and when flying business or first isn't an option, I look for a carrier with premium economy. The extra couple inches of seat width are nice, but more importantly it offers 6-12" of extra pitch. The upcharge is fairly minimal for the extra room and much more enjoyable flight. Perhaps that might be an option?

I've also found that an aisle seat offers a lot more "imagined" space and is best to fend off claustrophobia.

When you stated My "tushie" isn't that big but my tummy is!" I thought you were saying that you needed the extra space for your belly.

I am also claustrophobic and when flying business or first isn't an option, I look for a carrier with premium economy. The extra couple inches of seat width are nice, but more importantly it offers 6-12" of extra pitch. The upcharge is fairly minimal for the extra room and much more enjoyable flight. Perhaps that might be an option?

I've also found that an aisle seat offers a lot more "imagined" space and is best to fend off claustrophobia.

The claustrophobia also is the reason why I'll try to save for business class. Also, if I can't get Business, I'll pay up for the "economy comfort" seat at the front of the cattle car. AND, that aisle seat is definitely better - you can turn towards the aisle and feel a little more space. And, if it gets to the anxiety point, I can always get right up and walk the aisle. Only on an AA flight did I get nasty comments from the FAs when I told them I had to stand for awhile in the back because of anxiety. Usually, they are pretty good at letting me stand back by the galley for a little.

I'm sorry that I snapped at you! No sleep last night. Every woman thinks she's fat and so do I. I'm not Twiggy but I don't take up two seats either. Anyway, the premium economy seats aren't offered until closer to travel date and I'll see what the offer is. Thanks-this time sincerely! :)

The claustrophobia also is the reason why I'll try to save for business class. Also, if I can't get Business, I'll pay up for the "economy comfort" seat at the front of the cattle car. AND, that aisle seat is definitely better - you can turn towards the aisle and feel a little more space. And, if it gets to the anxiety point, I can always get right up and walk the aisle. Only on an AA flight did I get nasty comments from the FAs when I told them I had to stand for awhile in the back because of anxiety. Usually, they are pretty good at letting me stand back by the galley for a little.

On a TA flight on USair, I got yelled at for walking back to the galley area. The medics tell you to get up and move around on long flights but the FAs don't allow it.:confused:

On a TA flight on USair, I got yelled at for walking back to the galley area. The medics tell you to get up and move around on long flights but the FAs don't allow it.:confused:

I've never had a problem moving around on a long flight. Where they get upset is when you do it while others are trying to sleep, during meal service, or if you enter a different class of service.

I've never had a problem moving around on a long flight. Where they get upset is when you do it while others are trying to sleep, during meal service, or if you enter a different class of service.

It wasn't during meal time and I stayed in economy. The problem then is to move around while others are sleeping, which is almost right after meal service. Since TAs are night flights, how do you overcome this?

Since TAs are night flights, how do you overcome this?

I'd force the crabby TA's hand. Politely ask what problem you were causing so you don't "do it again"....then state you need to get up and walk for medical reasons, and ask when the best time is.

It wasn't during meal time and I stayed in economy. The problem then is to move around while others are sleeping, which is almost right after meal service. Since TAs are night flights, how do you overcome this?

There is usually a 15-20 minute gap between the end of meal service and when cabin lights are dimmed--that is your window.

A tip for those who want to walk the aisles -- when you do, take your arms and raise them up, putting them on or near the overhead bins. As you do this, you're less likely to hit people with them as you walk past.

Looks a bit strange, but you'll be a considerate traveler for those you walk past and don't hit with a stray hand.