MCO transfer: Arriving 8:30 pm Day before cruise, staying in Cocoa Beach??

manmtnmike

Need some advice ...:confused:

Q#1: If we use a shuttle service, which shuttles operate at 8:30 PM on a WED. to shuttle 2 people to La Quinta Inn , Cocoa Beach.

Then Next day we'll taxi to Port Canaveral... Or....

What about renting a car for ride FROM airport: How's that work??

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Q: Can I keep rental over night, return to Port Canaveral keeping overnight. This seems best to me.

What do you think, since I'm not up on this type car rental need?

thanks!!!

Also, we're doing B2B sailing 2 different lines.

--------------------------------------------------------

#3 Q: After both cruise, We will be joining another couple to shuttle as a group of 4 back to Orlando airport for early afternoon flight.

...hoping to save $$ sharing a ride...

--------------------------------------------------

Mike

Q#1: If we use a shuttle service, which shuttles operate at 8:30 PM on a WED. to shuttle 2 people to La Quinta Inn , Cocoa Beach.

#2 Q: Can I keep rental over night, return to Port Canaveral keeping overnight. This seems best to me.

thanks!!!

#3 Q: After both cruise, We will be joining another couple to shuttle as a group of 4 back to Orlando airport for early afternoon flight.

Mike

I would do the one way car rental and just return the car the day of the cruise & let them shuttle you to the port.

On your return you can do the one way rental again or arrange for a private shuttle to take you to the airport. The three mentioned the most here are Travelynx, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Executive VIP Limo.

happy sailing!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Q#1: If we use a shuttle service, which shuttles operate at 8:30 PM on a WED. to shuttle 2 people to La Quinta Inn , Cocoa Beach. Check the 3 listed above. Or stay near MCO and shuttle to PC the next morning.

#2 Q: Can I keep rental over night, return to Port Canaveral keeping overnight. This seems best to me. Sounds like the best option to me.

thanks!!!

...hoping to save $$ sharing a ride... For 4 travelling together a rental car will be the cheaper option.

Mike

Pack light if you do the rental car -- 4 travelling together can be a squeeze in many "full size" rental cars (defined as a Ford Focus by many car companies :()

Good luck! :)

Our flight into Orlando is at 8:00 the night before our cruise in March. I couldn't find any shuttles that ran that late. They all stopped around 6:00. We are staying at the Cocoa Beach Comfort Inn & Suites because of that. They have a package that includes the transportation from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport after the cruise. They also include the shuttle to the port. The hotel said they use Travelynx for the airport shuttle. I called Travelynx to get a quote. They said that because I had a "late" flight arrival, they would have to charge $100 for the two of us. DH didn't want to rent a car, so I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn and use the package price. Renting a car may be the cheaper option for you, especially if you are traveling with others back to the airport after the cruise.

We always do the one-way car rental when arriving the day before the cruise. It'a about the same cost as the shuttle, and you get the flexibility to go to a store or dinner when and where you want.

Our flight into Orlando is at 8:00 the night before our cruise in March. I couldn't find any shuttles that ran that late. They all stopped around 6:00. We are staying at the Cocoa Beach Comfort Inn & Suites because of that. They have a package that includes the transportation from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport after the cruise. They also include the shuttle to the port. The hotel said they use Travelynx for the airport shuttle. I called Travelynx to get a quote. They said that because I had a "late" flight arrival, they would have to charge $100 for the two of us. DH didn't want to rent a car, so I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn and use the package price. Renting a car may be the cheaper option for you, especially if you are traveling with others back to the airport after the cruise.

Where did you find this info online?

my flight comes in at 11:30 the night before our cruise in January. I have booked a hotel, but can change if CBCI will transport me to/from the airport.

Thanks

M

I found it at cocoabeachportcanaveral.com I looked at the info online and then called the hotel directly to book it. We might have saved about $30 if we had rented a car instead, but DH didn't want to deal with it.

can anyone provide any feedback about how reputable this company/site is?

http://daysinncocoabeach-free.com/

or

http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hotel-deals-cocoa-beach-florida/

Seems to offer 2 people shuttle to/from MCO to hotel, hotel overnight, transfer to pier, then return to MCO after cruise for $99 +tax.....

too good to be true?

can anyone provide any feedback about how reputable this company/site is?

http://daysinncocoabeach-free.com/

or

http://portcanaveralcruiser.com/hotel-deals-cocoa-beach-florida/

Seems to offer 2 people shuttle to/from MCO to hotel, hotel overnight, transfer to pier, then return to MCO after cruise for $99 +tax.....

too good to be true?

Never heard of them on these boards. Typical shuttle fares are around $25 per person each way, so $50+tip each r/t plus the cost of a hotel compared to the $198+tax they are charging.

KingstonKouple72, I called a similar site when I was doing research to find transportation. They were offering it so cheap because you had to listen to a timeshare presentation. If you have the time/inclination to do that, you can save a little money.

thanks!!!

Mike

We just booked a mid-size car from Budget for $23 a couple weeks ago. Just need to watch out for sales daily. There is coupon codes you can use to save $$. Most rental agencies will have free shuttle to port when you drop car off. Hope this helps.

We just booked a mid-size car from Budget for $23 a couple weeks ago. Just need to watch out for sales daily. There is coupon codes you can use to save $$. Most rental agencies will have free shuttle to port when you drop car off. Hope this helps.

wow!!

Do you have a disc code?

Thanks!

Mike

wow!!

Do you have a disc code?

Thanks!

Mike

I used BCD code Y937800 found on this great CC site. Also used paperless coupon code for weekend day rental for an additional $5 off. Try looking at mouse savers dot com (one word) for all rental car agency codes.

We did this last year ( the comfort inn suites package). The hotel is kind of run down but it will be fine for 1 night. The shuttle worked fantastically. Right on time. Easy to find from port back to airport.

Shops right across the street if you need to pick up some wine for the cruise.

We did this last year ( the comfort inn suites package). The hotel is kind of run down but it will be fine for 1 night. The shuttle worked fantastically. Right on time. Easy to find from port back to airport.

Shops right across the street if you need to pick up some wine for the cruise.

I was kind of afraid that it might be an older hotel. I'm happy to hear that the shuttle worked out though! Thanks for the info on the shops too. I was wondering if there were any nearby to get a couple bottles to take onboard. Do they have a good variety of wines? I don't usually drink wine, but recently discovered I like moscato!

I used BCD code Y937800 found on this great CC site. Also used paperless coupon code for weekend day rental for an additional $5 off. Try looking at mouse savers dot com (one word) for all rental car agency codes.

Thanks much!!

But...Jeeesh...no matter how I combine them, I can't get it lower than $77:confused:

Is there a cheaper "day of the week" to rent?

Mike

I booked on a Tuesday for a Saturday rental. Maybe I just got lucky for being persistent. Using the code I mentioned will get you an intermediate car for $62 assuming you need the car for Jan 8 @ 8pm and returning by noon on Jan 9. Rates change daily. Some places charge a drop off fee for one-way rentals. Budget does not. Good luck!

I booked on a Tuesday for a Saturday rental. Maybe I just got lucky for being persistent. Using the code I mentioned will get you an intermediate car for $62 assuming you need the car for Jan 8 @ 8pm and returning by noon on Jan 9. Rates change daily. Some places charge a drop off fee for one-way rentals. Budget does not. Good luck!

Continuing with my hertz "treasure hunt"...:p I reapplied as a guest and the prices dropped considerably!

With all fees and taxes MCO to port canaveral 15 hr rental $61 for intermed. sized car...for 2 people.

Returning from cruise to MCO in a intermed. SUV was $ 58. Great price for for 4 people!!

Any helpful hints at directions, speed traps etc?

Thanks!,

Mike

Thanks!,

Mike

Hi Mike,

perhaps I am not the best person to help with the requested information - I do not live in that area ........ but I rented a car there (MCO) Nov 30, 14 and again from Port Canaveral to MCO on Dec 8, 14.

Getting the car at the MCO was very easy. After getting the luggage we just walk across 'the street /road' to the rental companies garage / parking area.

I prepaid few days before the rental so I had all the 'paperwork' all done. Alamo gave me the instructions to get to the cars in the class that I rented and just pick a car. So we did. On the way out they checked my CC card and driver's lic. ..... and we were on the way to Port Canaveral.

We got on East 528 right outside the airport and that took us all the way to Cocoa Beach /Port Canaveral. About 40 miles. There are two stations that I had to pay a toll ( 1 dol each time). Make sure that you do not miss them and get a receipt just in case if there is a question if the payment was made.

Majority of the cars got electronic passes so they do not go through the gates to pay the toll ....... if you follow them , the picture of the lic plate will be taken and sooner or later you will be charged for the toll probably at a lot higher rate.

I did not see any speed traps but I did see a state trooper talking to some drivers on a side of the road -I am not sure what they did.

The speed limit sometimes is hard to see, not many signs are posted.

My own gps sometimes was shown 70, sometimes 60 at different sections.

I stayed at Days Inn, not far from where you are staying. There were restaurants and stores close by.

Next morning ( the cruise day) I / we took the car to the rental agency and got a ride to the ship.

After the cruise, we got in a waiting car rental shuttle that took as to the rental place to pick up a car for a trip back to MCO.

Again on the way, I saw some 'conversations' between state troopers and drivers.

Be careful where you go to get the gas for the rental car before returning it - there are 2 gas stations close to the airport that charge about double what others charge ( on Dec 8, 14 they were charging 5.69 for gal of reg, when Wow ( just few blocks farther) was charging 3.20 .

Return of car was also easy, well marked road.

Make sure and check your rental car very well - we goofed and left some items in the car, even that we checked the car but evidentely not well enough.

Continuing with my hertz "treasure hunt"...:p I reapplied as a guest and the prices dropped considerably!

With all fees and taxes MCO to port canaveral 15 hr rental $61 for intermed. sized car...for 2 people.

Returning from cruise to MCO in a intermed. SUV was $ 58. Great price for for 4 people!!

Thanks!,

Mike

Just checking my own rental at Budget and you can get the intermediate car for $47 going and $36 returning for your dates:) We are also travelling with another couple and this car will be sufficient with all our luggage.

Edited by MSunshine
adding information

Keep watching rates...renting a car is by far the easiest way to go and the cheapest I believe. Our rates dropped by more than half from the time I first started looking. I think I paid $30 total one way and $20 total the way back. Picking up and dropping off at the airport is a breeze, and all the rental car places have offices within minutes of the port. The shuttles are a bit of a hassle, but I think they are anywhere as it's just not an organized system.

so.. our flight arrives close to midnight, so I booked Quality Inn Airport ($75) and they arranged shuttle to PC (from hotel) the following morning (8am) for $40 pp return.

It would be cheaper to rent a car if it was more than 3 people.. but for just the two of us, $155 for the night and shuttle to/from is the best deal I can find.

so.. our flight arrives close to midnight, so I booked Quality Inn Airport ($75) and they arranged shuttle to PC (from hotel) the following morning (8am) for $40 pp return.

It would be cheaper to rent a car if it was more than 3 people.. but for just the two of us, $155 for the night and shuttle to/from is the best deal I can find.

$40 per person r/t is a good deal - hope you have a good cruise! :)